Emissions upgrade when serviced

Sara. S

I had the “fix” done on my 2013 1.6tdi monte  a couple months back and as soon as I got it back I noticed a difference, it seemed sluggish and when it’s turned off there’s a “clunk” from the engine which it’s never done in the 3 years I’ve had it! 

It seems to have sorted itself out though power wise or maybe I’ve just got used to it? 

A couple of other things I’ve noticed is the MPG had 100% got BETTER but it seems to be using a bit of oil now, again something it’s never done since I’ve had it! 

It’s just turned 70k and due a service so I’ll keep an eye on the oil usage! 

Had my second or third letter off Skoda inviting to phone and arrange a time I can get my car emissions done but I'm between two main Skoda garages one 25 Miles away and a sod to drive to and the other in the opposite direction at nearly 30 Miles and i've got VW and Audi garages not a mile away will the VW garage do my upgrade or do I have to go to the Skoda garages ???

Edited by Eann
damn realised in the wrong thread sorry ,can moderator move to a suitable thread please

Copied from Honest Johns website.

"Volkswagen is meeting the cost of any extra parts and work needed after the NOx emissions fix for two years after the fix up to a total mileage of 160,000. The Volkswagen dealer should have told you."

Suggest you Contact skoda uk direct and tell them of the difficulties you are having with this dealer.

If I still had my 1.6tdi I would not get "the fix" done. If fact I do not think I would take it to a Skoda dealer for anything for fear of them doing the fix without being asked to do it. I`m glad I chopped mine in for an older 1.9tdi.

Edited by m8t

On 27/10/2017 at 20:31, m8t said:

If I still had my 1.6tdi I would not get "the fix" done. If fact I do not think I would take it to a Skoda dealer for anything for fear of them doing the fix without being asked to do it. I`m glad I chopped mine in for an older 1.9tdi.

When I had my recent service at my local dealership I was just honest from the get go before signing any documents that I was not going to get the fix applied to my car on two points. 1 the fix isnt going down well with cars and 2. I have a custom map on the car and dont want you removing it. They then scribbled out the fix portion of the work list and I signed it. I will be mentioning this to them for the foreseeable future till I sell that car!

am i right in thinking its best to leave well alone! I have a Fabia 1.6D SE and have had correspondence from Skoda that they now want to do the EA189 diesel engine fix.With all the horror stories i have heard about, what should i do? Am also thinking ahead a bit to future MOT's when i believe thing are going to be much stricter for diesel engines. So do i need to get it done or not?

There are 'potential gains' for some.

Those with a 1.2, 1.6 or 2.0 TDI with the Cheat Device and running issues, ones that have had endless problems and expense trying to get a vehicle fit for purpose and Dealership staff & Skoda Customer Staff panning them off and saying 'Driver Error', pay yourself,. Diagnostics, EGR's. to get forced regens etc.

You can get the car in for The Fix, get your Peace of mind 24 month guarantee in writing and then use it, 

get your car issues resolved if they continue or return, work the VW Group system and have them assume the position for a change.

Maybe even take actions against them to recover previous expenditure because they confessed to being a lying cheating corporation and a Small Claims Court in England/Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland might just be aware of the honest customer and the Dodgy Vehicle Manufacturer.

businessman-with-a-great-idea_1012-219.jpg

Edited by Headinawayoffski
  • Like 1

it happened to me. I had to remap it as it was horrible. Also, watch this!

After this incident with the emissions update I will never buy a VAG car again, ever!

Edited by Bertie90
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

Bump.

The farce continues and the German Authorities let VW Group do The Fix and ruin peoples vehicles and VW deny they are to blame.

Even forcing owners in Germany to have it carried out.

Not satisfaction really for those shafted by the VW Group, but some of them might be getting shafted soon. Without lubrication.

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1