32KOFDATA ///// Octavia vRS Combi (MKIII)

32KOFDATA

• 2 weeks later...

Replaced the cheap looking 12V plug with an Audi one (4H0 919 311).

Look for it on ebay or AliExpress. They are inexpensive and do bring a bit more class to the interior. 

NRtLfEK.jpg

K75pAjJ.jpg

KopEXhB.jpg

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 3

Installed the other day a set of paddle shifters. These are not extensions that you stick on your originals but a replacement kit made of aluminum.

It consists of a 3D printed plastic base a couple of bolts and aluminum shifters. Quality is great but quite pricey. Installation was pretty much straight forward.

Only thing that took a while was removing the gloss black trim that holds the infotainment controls as it is held into the steering wheel by a series of flimsy pegs so need a lot of care.

End result looks great, almost OEM, brings out the sportiness of the car. They feel same as stock and having more surface to press definitely they are more ergonomic. 

https://www.hs-cnc.de/paddle-shifters/austausch-schaltwippen/skoda/68/dsg-paddles-v5-austauschschaltwippen-aluminium

dh9SoUx.jpg

a2HwUsz.jpg

dctXCXR.jpg

pYdzEH6.jpg

vLFTLll.jpg

j5rTQpg.jpg

L7cJwcO.jpg

MMS5ZQ8.jpg

xQ6wEwq.jpg

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 2

I'm in the process of replacing non chrome switches with chrome ones. That means windows switches, wing mirror switch and light switch.

With regards to driver's door window switches I tracked down a unit that is made for the MK7 Golf with number (5GG 959 857). There are plenty on ebay and Aliexpress and pretty cheap compared to OEM.

These usually illuminate white so you need to swap over the caps (unless you like white). To make sure they fit the Octavia check if the bottom part of the key has the same shape otherwise don't bother. (indicated in the pic below).

Soon as I find replacements for the other I will update.

wKNWCAE.jpg

4mtBmAC.jpg

lZ08jOg.jpg

SwbKqCJ.jpg

Jzz0tgW.jpg

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm happy to report that if people want to replace their window switches and light switch with chrome ones there is a good solution.

I managed to find a Chinese vendor that has them all as a complete kit. Just tested them, they got the correct green illumination and work fine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5pcs-Chrome-Headlight-Master-Window-Switch-Set-For-SKODA-Octavia-5E0-959-855/223278278630?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

The build quality is on par with the stock ones so no compromise. If you find them somewhere else cheaper then feel free to post below. I'm guessing AliExpress will list them too.

As for the mirror switch get one off an MK7 - it will fit perfect.

Yb0LbMS.jpg

YoOek7C.jpg

14Fxmqq.jpg

ftpw5vC.jpg

6jwU1ty.jpg

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, 32KOFDATA said:

I'm happy to report that if people want to replace their window switches and light switch with chrome ones there is a good solution.

I managed to find a Chinese vendor that has them all as a complete kit. Just tested them, they got the correct green illumination and work fine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5pcs-Chrome-Headlight-Master-Window-Switch-Set-For-SKODA-Octavia-5E0-959-855/223278278630?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

The build quality is on par with the stock ones so no compromise. If you find them somewhere else cheaper then feel free to post below. I'm guessing AliExpress will list them too.

As for the mirror switch get one off an MK7 - it will fit perfect.

Yb0LbMS.jpg

YoOek7C.jpg

14Fxmqq.jpg

ftpw5vC.jpg

6jwU1ty.jpg

Thats a great mod! Do you mind explain in the procedure? or perharps making a tutorial?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 07/12/2018 at 15:27, 32KOFDATA said:
Today I received my dynamic led turn signals. There are a few vedors on ebay and AliExpress that sell these, mainly Chinese. The ones I picked up have a light tint. Quality and fitment is good and they work flawlessly for now.
Blind spot area lights up too but due to the tint is not as bright as OEM. As a whole though they are by far much brighter (even during daytime) and more visible than OEM which I always found weak by design.

The only negative I find is that they could be stealthier. The white diffuser inside is visible. I would like it to be much darker when off. I'll probably play around with some tint film and see how it affects the light ouput but to be honest its not a serious issue. To notice it you have to know where to look at.

Got some pics and video for you to compare.

JjTjY6M.jpg

Hi!

Can you tell me, if its fit for Skoda Superb MK2 Facelift 2014 too? 

Thanks

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Car now sits on KW3 coilovers. Got fed up with the crashy Bilsteins. The feel, comfort and performance is night and day.

Removed the Rieger rear diffuser as it was already melting badly and replaced it with an Octavia Cup diffuser. 

Lastly I installed a front bumper insert from Copacek which I had to cut in half so it would sit properly with the Rieger splitter, installed universal rear side skirts I got off ebay and tinted the middle part of the taillights.

h1cAH0G.jpg

zdYqsd8.jpg

uqxsKav.jpg

xgL1gvc.jpg

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/07/2020 at 07:48, 32KOFDATA said:

Car now sits on KW3 coilovers. Got fed up with the crashy Bilsteins. The feel, comfort and performance is night and day.

Removed the Rieger rear diffuser as it was already melting badly and replaced it with an Octavia Cup diffuser. 

Lastly I installed a front bumper insert from Copacek which I had to cut in half so it would sit properly with the Rieger splitter, installed universal rear side skirts I got off ebay and tinted the middle part of the taillights.

h1cAH0G.jpg

zdYqsd8.jpg

uqxsKav.jpg

xgL1gvc.jpg

How come your Reiga diffuser was melting? Did u not add the extension for the exhaust? Was the cup diffuser easy to install? Could u post up a nice clear shot of it please? I think iv ruled out the maxton diffuser but the Riega one is a little too subtle for me. This cup one looks nice and stands out a nice amount. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Markmcc21 said:

How come your Reiga diffuser was melting? Did u not add the extension for the exhaust? Was the cup diffuser easy to install? Could u post up a nice clear shot of it please? I think iv ruled out the maxton diffuser but the Riega one is a little too subtle for me. This cup one looks nice and stands out a nice amount. 

Bought the diffuser from an ebay vendor. He didn't include the exhaust tip. It was too late when I found out what was going on with the tdis melting the plastic.

Anyways the Octavia cup diffuser is far more aggressive and better looking, couldn't be happier. Shame I didn't decide on it from the start. 

It needs to be painted and glued to the bumper with a strong sealant.

rNfQ3Bi.jpg

2lxlwxQ.jpg

U1gX04m.jpg

zBQqWPo.jpg

uMHNeyQ.jpg

o373s1n.jpg

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Markmcc21 said:

Actually can u use a tow bar with this? Did u use/need the extensions for the exhaust for this diffuser mate? 

I doubt it will work with a tow bar - no need for exhaust modifications with this one.

It is made off a mixture of plastic and fiberglass if I remember correctly. It is heavy duty, for track use and thickness is substantial in comparison to the Rieger diffuser which feels flimsy. 

The only negative (maybe for some) is that you lose the reflectors at the back.

• 2 years later...

@32KOFDATAAny long-term feedback on the HS-CNC aluminum paddles? Have they held up okay over the years? Any issues with the 3D-printed portion?
I've been on the fence between these and the black S2T Performance B3 paddles. However, I've been worried about the clearance between the S2T paddles and indicator/wiper stalks due to their thickness even though I've read raving reviews about their feel. After some time with them, how do you feel about the HS-CNC paddles' feel?

Love your build!

• 3 weeks later...

Love the build, I too went for a Combi due to practicality but definitely enjoying it. 

In one of your earlier posts you mentioned about replacing blinker bulbs with LEDs and needing the repair kit, is that front or rear? Any faults on the dash due to using LED's?

What's next mod wise?