Grand Tour 2

camelspyyder

Just viewing now and deciding Is it still crap?

I can't believe they repeated the whole wide supercars through medieval streets game as last year.

I hope there's plenty of film of Hammond's crash before episode one ends.

Edited by camelspyyder

WTF was Hammond doing?

He passed the finish of the course but appeared to keep his foot in way afterwards and speared off the road some way further up the hill.

A $1 million dollar car as well.  I hope Amazon were insured. Mind, I think UK insurers have paid out more than that on wrecked Pagani's and McLaren F1s in the past.

1 hour ago, lol-lol said:

EVs standing start acceleration just makes the 700 hp Lambo look like it is standing still !!

1224 hp Vs 700 hp. Not a fair fight.

EV have amazing torque as well.

A Tesla model S with four up would beat the Lamborghini and NSX too.

Edited by camelspyyder

7 minutes ago, camelspyyder said:

1224 hp Vs 700 hp. Not a fair fight.

EV have amazing torque as well.

A Tesla model S would beat the Lamborghini and NSX too.

First launch of LaFerrari was crap but even when did get it right..........

It's all Clarkson now. The other 2 seem to be getting more and more sidelined.

Neither May or Hammond actually drove anything at all during episode 2.  "The Man" thrashed both the Ford GT and AMG GT, and the new mystery woman (British GT runner-up Abbie Eaton) did the fast lap in the Merc.

"The Yank" has gone, replaced for that market by a weekly yank on the rallycross challenge. 

Just who was the spam celebrity this week?

Who knows? or cares?

It seems more and more like a stale recreation of 10 year old TG to me.

You wouldn't pay for Prime to watch that for sure.

Edited by camelspyyder

4 minutes ago, Tomote said:

Quite liked the show apart from the celebrity bull****....just why do they persist :wall:

Yes. I know what you mean.

The word “celebrity” has no meaning whatsoever in my world.

Oddly enough I prefer the new 'proper'  BBC topgear with the different people. It seems less about the presenters and more about cars and entertainment. 

The Clarkson show is just tired now. 

• Like 1

On 12/15/2017 at 17:19, Tomote said:

Quite liked the show apart from the celebrity bull****....just why do they persist :wall:

they even acknowledged that no one liked their joke celebrity bit, no one liked SIARPC and then did star in a Jag anyway. And the Jag looks crap and slow on that dirt track.

Haven't watched ep2 yet but 1 was disappointing. It was even more old top gear than series 1. And not really in a good way.

'Old' Top Gear on Dave used to be 'time filler' for me, now I can't stand watching it. Too much dicking around, and everything being set up towards Clarkson. 

Much prefer the 'new' Top Gear. I even enjoy the TG uploads with Chris Harris reviewing various types of vehicle, not all of which are super or hyper cars. 

4 hours ago, Aspman said:

they even acknowledged that no one liked their joke celebrity bit, no one liked SIARPC and then did star in a Jag anyway. And the Jag looks crap and slow on that dirt track.

Haven't watched ep2 yet but 1 was disappointing. It was even more old top gear than series 1. And not really in a good way.

The Jag sounds crap as well. Is it the new 4 cylinder one? Just because Porsche put a 4 in the Boxster it doesn't mean it's suitable for a Jag!

17 hours ago, camelspyyder said:

The Jag sounds crap as well. Is it the new 4 cylinder one? Just because Porsche put a 4 in the Boxster it doesn't mean it's suitable for a Jag!

The Jag V6 is a funny motor on throttle it sounds amazing. At idle it sounds like a bag of spanners.

Ive not watched any of The Grand Tour yet.

Clarkson never really annoyed me, but for some reason on the ads for TGT he irritates me enough to not want to watch it?

Also, the radio ad atm with Hammond not having new trousers... it just really sounds like them reading a script written by somebody else who researched comedy and developed it from a crappy alogorithm.. at least with the early days of old TG it sounded unscripted, and genuine. But im talkin back in the "Hundred pound Cars" days.. after a while even the challenges just started to get repetitive.. crash into james, hammonds cars terrible etc..

Watched ep2 last night. I thought it was better but nothing new at all.

And FFS give on on the celebrity ****e. And TG too feckin stop it.

That Ford GT is rather lovely. But the old one was too.

• 3 weeks later...