Led Headlight Bulbs

2 hours ago, Anddenton said:

The flashes are just the car checking the bulbs in order to flag bulb out warnings where necessary, perfectly normal.

That's what I thought it's like a wave. Well Iam very happy with them. Road signs are so bright now. 

mine do the same. mine are Halfords LED Side Lights. flicker when the canbus checks the system. they are almost bright enough to use without the main beam and you get extra side lighting as well.

Are there any that can be used for indicators? and rear lights? both normal red and brakes?

6 minutes ago, mroberts said:

mine do the same. mine are Halfords LED Side Lights. flicker when the canbus checks the system. they are almost bright enough to use without the main beam and you get extra side lighting as well.

Are there any that can be used for indicators? and rear lights? both normal red and brakes?

I now have led sidelights and head lights with led indicators on the front. I will replace the rear indicators as they are on a clear lens. 

15 hours ago, Vrsbuddy said:

I now have the bulbs and bought ones with a antiflicker resistor. Hope to fit them tonight.  They are now fitted but flash 4 times when I put ignition on then go out but work just fine off the switch. Any ideas? 

That's the "cold start check" perfectly normal.

I just leave mine at On all the time. They flicker the same as any bulb would at start up then :)

33 minutes ago, Gobsheene said:

I just leave mine at On all the time. They flicker the same as any bulb would at start up then :)

Just spoke to a AA Patrol who was in work and he says it's just the pulse that the car sends round the car to check the lights. On standard bulbs the pulse is not long enough for the bulbs to heat up. 

20 hours ago, Vrsbuddy said:

I now have the bulbs and bought ones with a antiflicker resistor. Hope to fit them tonight.  They are now fitted but flash 4 times when I put ignition on then go out but work just fine off the switch. Any ideas? 

Any chance you could post a photo of them at night?

Regards

7 hours ago, mroberts said:

mine are Halfords LED Side Lights. flicker when the canbus checks the system. they are almost bright enough to use without the main beam and you get extra side lighting as well.

I'm sure that's appreciated by oncoming drivers! :angry:

9 hours ago, Gobsheene said:

The cold check can be coded out. 

Non LED bulbs do not flash. 

On 1/7/2018 at 04:02, FatblokeVRS said:

A mate gave me a H7 LED 110w (55w each) canbus kit with fans similar to the one listed above to try. I have read a few threads about LED headlights and it's a bit confusing.

It seems if less than 55w, an error is thrown up on the dash. These are 55w so hopefully there will be no error.

I had read that leds could fry the BCM and also that they won't try the BCM. Very confusing.

Has anyone used LEDs for a reasonable time with no issues, such as the BCM frying etc???

I want to try them but don't know if they could blow the BCM or anything else right away.

My mate put a set in his Alpha (canbus) and has no issues at all. He did have hids in and they are brighter then them and have a good spread and distance.

I have a 2010 FL CR VRS and know that hids cause issues with them unless configured with separate power feeds. I hoped the LEDs would eliminate any issues.

Any thoughts??

Pardon my lack of knowledge but what is the BCM? 

On 12/01/2018 at 19:31, Gizmo said:

The cold check can be coded out. 

Non LED bulbs do not flash. 

I never said flash, i said flicker. If you have your lights on and start the car they will dim them come back to full.

Thanks for letting me know it could be coded out, wasnt aware of that!

• 2 years later...