Additional Jack Points

On 26/01/2023 at 22:33, JR RS said:

Mine is not bent, rather the thick rubbery paint located there has been squished and shifted.  Happens each time a jack lifts it.

Not sure how u would strength them, if u needed to.

Maybe that's what it is on mine too, it just looks and feels flimsy. That's a relief.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bump an old thread but figured bumping old threads is better than making new ones on already covered subjects.

Just had to get my Superb 3 in the air and was rather stunned when looking under the car at the amount of plastic covers and no obvious points for jacking the car. Obviously no complaints about the covers as I like that for underbody protection but... for this sort of thing it's frustrating! In the end I removed what I assumed was a jacking point cover (there was one in the same place either side) which had a soft rubber insert in it which you could push in (?!) and put a thick piece of cardboard in there and jacked up on that as when I tried on the sill itself the rubbery paint protection cover seemed to be deforming and trying to split which made me grimmace. The only mystery was that I realise upon putting the car back down there is something running around the edge of the jacking point which almost looks like a wire or similar and I'm worried I've damaged that... I also managed to break the jacking cover point and need to order a new one.. I attached the picture if someone could actually re-assure me that these are indeed jacking point covers and not for something more important!

Just have to rant about this. Why aren't there just obvious jacking points, on cars, for doing this sort of thing?! It would make everyones life easier and make working on a car so much safer!

plastic cover.png

Edited by Chicane-UK

If that is a jacking point (don't know) then I think the plastic you're holding may be what you should be jacking on and not be removed. Ribbed for reinforcement. And to spread the load?

Edited by xman

Something like this helps on the strengthened sill jacking points to protect the thick rubberised type coating when used with a trolley jack - (or loaned to garage to use with their post lifts at MOT time)

9299DC9B-BF7D-41E0-8508-DF4A755849CD.png

• Love it! 1

21 hours ago, Chicane-UK said:

I realise from further reading around I'm in the wrong section as my Superb is a facelift MK2, and not a MK3 as I thought it was! So may not apply to your vehicles anyway.

All good.

Just to b clear, the jacking points, and axle stand points r easily accessible and visible on the mk3 Superb.

On 04/03/2024 at 14:26, Chicane-UK said:

Sorry to bump an old thread but figured bumping old threads is better than making new ones on already covered subjects.

I fully agree. I rather read a well documented thread with many Q&A than several short and hence 'superficial' ones.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all.

For the rear, it it ok to use any of the holes circled in the 1st picture ?(assuming that is the right place).

20240429_150517.thumb.jpg.98e11dcf700f5d425a75d18d4e081405.jpg

For the front I would assume the circled rubber cover is the right place.

20240429_150503.thumb.jpg.74115f7b109ce88f35c53584ccc56acd.jpg

Thanks

8 hours ago, JR RS said:

Front....

jack_06.thumb.jpg.f83e36ab244188acc2be05692860f61f.jpg

Rear....

jack_03.thumb.jpg.0aed465ff81f091e32fbc62d887adee6.jpg

Seen those, but on the rear for me, I don't have the cover, only the groove exposed with those 2 holes on it.