Do I need mud flaps?

vadimo

3 minutes ago, TheRoq said:

Thanks Vectis.

They look good, the front ones are quite discreet.

Think I'll get some ordered up.

Mike at Listers has plenty on ;)

39 minutes ago, Michael G said:

Emailed him. That's the process Dear Leader here set up:

Can you let us know when you find out.
Saves everyone emailing him for the same price.

Thanks

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheRoq said:

Thanks

No prob :thumbup:

• Like 1

On 18/04/2018 at 15:36, TheRoq said:

Thanks

Mike quotes £60 the full set delivered. That's a good saving on the list price for front and back at £76 (fitted at £124).

Obviously the price would include an allowance for shipping, and if there was anything else I could get better value from it. But there's nothing else I need just yet, on the official list anyway. Mike supplied the boot liner, my Yeti tunnel mat fits, we've got all weather mats in the back, and the sportline DSG pedal covers are VAG which just happen to fit.

When they do a rear bumper protector strip, and offer more choice in door sill strips, I'll go for them. 

On the flaps, Superskoda's price is only 34 euros, but there'd be shipping from the CR, and in any event they only list the fronts for the cars with wheel arch trim, so no good for me. So far they're not listing much else for the Karoq.

I'll probably go with Mike. My dealer quoted a price plucked out of thin air of £200 fitted :swear:

I do like the idea of mudflaps but with it being a lease vehicle I am torn about spending money adding bits, only definite is the spare whyeel at some point, at least i should be able to sell that on at the end of the lease.

On 18/04/2018 at 11:16, TheRoq said:

This website explains it a bit more clearly http://www.skodapartsireland.ie/search,i.html?q=karoq

The ...111A part number is for cars WITH the black plastic wheelarch.

How much are the mudflaps from Listers? It's £45 delivered for both sets from this company in Ireland.

Ah, there's this alternative too. 

11 minutes ago, Panther_uk said:

I do like the idea of mudflaps but with it being a lease vehicle I am torn about spending money adding bits, only definite is the spare whyeel at some point, at least i should be able to sell that on at the end of the lease.

Don't do it. They will likely charge you at the end of the lease as something left fitted to the car. If you remove them, likely to be charged for 'damage' where the fitting holes have been drilled. I have a lease car and my Karoq will be leased, if they want the bodywork protection mud-flaps afford, they should fit them at no cost to the lessee IMHO.

Edited by Luckypants

51 minutes ago, Michael G said:

Ah, there's this alternative too. 

skodapartsireland.ie say:

Hi Mike front mudflaps €15.50 , rear mudflaps €15.50 postage to uk €15 so total inc postage for all €46 thanks Bobby

and the webpage quotes 2-3 working days for delivery so I'll go with them.

Edited by Michael G
pressed enter too early

2 hours ago, Michael G said:

skodapartsireland.ie say:

Hi Mike front mudflaps €15.50 , rear mudflaps €15.50 postage to uk €15 so total inc postage for all €46 thanks Bobby

and the webpage quotes 2-3 working days for delivery so I'll go with them.

Should have them for Wednesday. Turns out he mis-quoted as the web price is actually €17 (I'd spotted that but assumed he'd given me a little discount for the full set) but he was good enough to hold the quoted price.

If it all works out OK, worth bearing in mind as a source for stuff.

Many thanks to TheRoq for the tip :thumbup:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Michael G said:

Well, took a bit longer than expected, but for £41 delivered from my Irish friend, I'm all set. 

Once it stops pi55ing down :sadsmile:

IMG_20180427_144807.jpg

Get the Mrs to hold the umbrella!

7 minutes ago, Vectis said:

Get the Mrs to hold the umbrella!

Ummm.  She is off work sick......no, I can't. Can I?

Maybe she could hold the brolly in one hand, and this in the other....

IMG_20180427_152107.jpg

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Tenchfisher said:

Do the mud flaps help prevent the buildup of dirt inside the rear doors?

I've noticed that too :sadsmile:

I can see now why the dirt gets behind the door. The rear doors close directly above the rear wheels, which chuck up water and dirt, which then gets behind the doors from the bottom. Not very clever, but I guess we will have to live with this problem, as I can’t see an easy fix. Regular cleaning seems the only solution.

• Sad 2

Vectis

Fell at the first hurdle. Was over at middle daughter's today and they've got a big drive and the weather was OK so I thought I'd ease in with the rears.

You'd mentioned torx so I'd got that far but the pathetic "instructions" made no mention of the reduced depth once the flap was fitted and my torx was too long. Neither does the diagram make it clear how the popper is used nor the plastic "rivet". 

Long story short, had to abandon it. I feel a visit to Halfords coming on, girding the loins to fight another day etc.

• Sad 1

On 4/4/2018 at 11:46, Michael G said:

Do you mind me asking Bowdie, was this at your supplying dealer?

I don't think there was anything on the configurator so we didn't spec them with the original order and I forgot to ask.

Picked the car up last week so asked yesterday and the Parts Dept quoted £200 fitted!! I could hear the lad in the background asking "is there much involved in fitting Karoq mudflaps".

The fitted price listed at http://www.skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionImages/Models/downloads/Karoq-Accessories-Pricing.pdf is £124 and I baulked even at that, never mind obviously made up numbers like £200 :swear:

Fitted both front and rear Mudflaps today whole operation took 30mins. No wheels were removed or harmed for the excersise and the fitting instructions were very informative and all in all I saved myself £150. All is good and the finished job looks great.. :)

• Like 1