VAG-COM Software tweaks

FabFabFabia

2 hours ago, Tezaman said:

Does anyone have a file in C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Labels 

5Q0-910-143.*

this is missing from my VCDS

Please download fresh VCDS from here  http://dltemp.ross-tech.com/VCDS/download/J619tN/VCDS-Release-18.9.1-Installer.exe

Then unpack this file with 7zip ( this installer is just one big archive)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hello guys, i'm new here, just found this forum.

Mine Skoda karoq 2018, 1,6 TDI, have this kind of camera on the mirror, actualy below it. What does is says to you ?

Can i ask, is it possible to get lane asist and road/speed sign recognition ? via vcds or other way ? It's not V shape camera above mirror, what is mentiont in this thread.

Still have, auto brake, parking sensors at the back only, front asist, auto high beam, DRLS, dont really know what to mention more at the moment.

Photos :

https://ibb.co/MkGf1RJ
https://ibb.co/qNsdpxP

That is the light sensor, according to the manual. I don't think that your car has the camera for lane and signs recognition, because mine has the camera and I have the version with the triangle.

SmartSelect_20191203-225442_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Edited by Gabi4

This is the light and rain sensor (circled in red), it is used for the automatic turning on and off of the dipped headlights and operation of the automatic windscreen wipers...

image.png.f7c514da4dbd0617a3683778fad6fd8b.png

This is most definitely a camera...

image.png.7fdde6f35f9dd8889a709906fa77b9c9.png

Given the specifications listed for the car, it appears that it is being used for the 'Light Assist' feature (automatic switching between dipped and high beam headlights).

To benefit from the other features you would like (Lane Assist and Traffic Sign Recognition), I suspect you'll need the camera that is absent on your car, the one behind the triangular aperture...

image.png.cee2637e1012cae2360be52ec345ae5c.png

Sad to hear.

So the only thing that could do the camera i have, is dipped and high beam headlights, correct ?

Or is it anything more, that is possible to achieve from it ?

Anyway thank you for the fast respond. Amazing community here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My guess is no - because you need the special stalk to set the distance and speed as wel as turn it on and off - plus the software - maybe different front radar hardware too.

It can all be done - but its more than software...

• 8 months later...
On 19/09/2020 at 01:05, cherry evo said:

Karoq Sportline 1.5tsi DSG coming in January. Can the traffic sign recognition be activated via VCDS or OBDeleven?

Thanks in advance.

If you have the lane assist camera installed (the one just below the main rear view mirror).

Is it don't by camera as many signs are damaged missing or hidden by veg.

My car displays the speed limit on the dash but this is the same as in the satnav display when selected and is sometimes wrong if the speed limit has changed since last map update?