Facelift problems with rear view camera installation

Good morning,

I have owned an O3 style facelift for a few months. I made the mistake of not placing the order with the original rear view camera and took some time trying to install it. The problem is that after going through a couple of workshops they tell me that through vagcom they do not find the encoding, since apparently the one from the previous O3 is not valid. At the official skoda dealer, they do not know how to give me a solution either. Has anyone managed to install the rear view camera on the O3 facelift? Can someone help me with the condification that he should carry? Thank you very much in advance. Greetings.

http://www.cars-equipment.com/en/shop/rear-view-cameras-3/oem-highline-rvc-rear-view-camera-3/

Points to note:

- highline camera has lines which move with steering wheel angle (needs calibration though).

- lowline camera has fixed lines.

- both types should come with a wiring loom. Should the. Plug into head unit and will need coding with VCDS to display when gear shift moved to R.

- strongly advise to buy the camera which comes with a washer nozzle.

I've not yet installed on my FL O3, but definitely on the list of things to do.

4 hours ago, jjc said:

If you send Ross-Tech the adaptation listing from the module thay may be able to help. I assume it is still 5F

John

The problem is that it is the facelift version (september 2017) and it has only recently been on the market and the switchboards (device number 5Q0035840C) have changed.
In the workshop with a professional service by remote control with Vagcom they could not do anything, and in the official Skoda house either through the system that has, I think it is called "Odis".
I guess it will be a challenge for the new owners ...

Octavia 3 facelift DEVICE NUMBER.JPG

9 minutes ago, wg100 said:

http://www.cars-equipment.com/en/shop/rear-view-cameras-3/oem-highline-rvc-rear-view-camera-3/

Points to note:

- highline camera has lines which move with steering wheel angle (needs calibration though).

- both types should come with a wiring loom. Should the. Plug into head unit and will need coding with VCDS to display when gear shift moved to R.

The problem is not the camera, it does not matter if it is high or low range.
The problem is the VCDS coding, since in principle nobody has yet found out.
in the workshop they tried it with the coding of the previous Octavia 3 and the coding does not work for the Octavia facelift 2017.

15 minutes ago, wg100 said:

Points to note:

That's useful. Cheers. I take it the camera just fits in the same handle hole unlike the bloke who has the balls to cut about his new car. 

3 hours ago, arnold said:

That's useful. Cheers. I take it the camera just fits in the same handle hole unlike the bloke who has the balls to cut about his new car. 

Yes, should just be a straight swap.

I fitted the (and had to cut) to fit the camera in my MY14 VRS. You definitely need the one with the washer nozzle, as the boot handle camera picks up a lot of muck. 

When I am using the camera atm, I pretty much every time have to give it a quick clean to get a clear picture.

6 hours ago, WayTooTall said:

I fitted the (and had to cut) to fit the camera in my MY14 VRS. You definitely need the one with the washer nozzle, as the boot handle camera picks up a lot of muck. 

When I am using the camera atm, I pretty much every time have to give it a quick clean to get a clear picture.

What camera did you use. I'm looking at getting one in the next couple of weeks but I'm not going to cut the back of a MY16 vehicle . Any advice of any recent purchases and fitting would be appreciated.

29 minutes ago, WayTooTall said:

I used the OEM one. Problem is with MY13 / MY14 cars is that they have a smaller cut out. MY15 and newer cars have a larger cut out so the camera just fits.

That answers my question then thanks as mines a MY16.

• 1 year later...