Wind rain deflectors

£25.95 delivered on eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-SUPERB-mk3-2015-up-SET-OF-FRONT-WIND-DEFLECTORS-HEKO-TINTED-2pc/332291646945?fits=Car+Make%3ASkoda|Model%3ASuperb&epid=1162945977&hash=item4d5e2025e1:g:YZUAAOSwAO9ZW1v6

They are easy to fit, and do their job, but expect slightly more wind noise with them fitted, which is to be expected.

I went for the full set… I think it looks a little unbalanced with just the front ones fitted:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DSK28346-SKODA-SUPERB-mk3-HATCHBACK-2015-up-WIND-DEFLECTORS-4pc-HEKO-TINTED-/331837899949

It might just be the ones I have, but they creak a little during freezing temps and I wish the etched Team Heko logo was removable. Well worth the money though.

1 hour ago, Alan_P said:

I went for the full set… I think it looks a little unbalanced with just the front ones fitted:

oops didn’t look that close (as my full set were only £25) ... yes if you are going to fit them fit the full set.

Edited by Gizmo
  • Like 2

I have contemplated getting some.

I had a set on my last Passat, although I only tended to use them in the summer, so that I could leave the tops of the windows open without worrying about it raining.

I did find the noise a bit too intrusive, so I removed them in autumn/winter.

22 minutes ago, IJWS15 said:

How primitive, why would I want the noise that comes with an open window when I have aircon. 

I know it's sad but some ppl do smoke in the car while while driving during the rain...

18 hours ago, IJWS15 said:

How primitive, why would I want the noise that comes with an open window when I have aircon. 

unfortunately i park my car outdoors when i'm at work, and in these HOT australian weather conditions, the last thing i want is to come back to boiling hot car, or wet seats & door trim, cause i left the windows slight open (for venting purposes), but it rained in between!!

with these weathershields, i can leave the windows vented open and not worry about rain.

tis a shame the mk3 Superb doesn't have the same feature as my previous mk2 Octavia RS, which had a rain-sensor that would automatically close the windows if it started raining.

damn u skoda!!!

so yeah, as much as i hate weathershields, primitive i must be.

Can anyone provide a picture of the HEKO logo? From what I can see on the ebay ones there's quite a lot of writing under the HEKO name. I can't tell what it would look like on the car. I got wet the other day opening the car door so I'm keen to get hold of some at a reasonable price.

They were flexible and very easy to fit. They use slightly thinner material than previous makes I’ve bought. They come with double sided tape and no contortions needed if you follow the little guide. I didn’t bother using the additional clips they came with.

Edited by Alan_P

I bought mine from Climair.  Cost me close to a hundred squid!   Mind you, they were easy to fit, fitted perfectly, no clips required/supplied, very flexible, look good and work well (I smoke a pipe in my car!).

For me it looks awful, like russian lada samara, like Polish dirty and wet stinking taxi driver. Sorry,... it's just disgusting.

Edited by Enriquez

16 minutes ago, Enriquez said:

For me it looks awful, like russian lada samara, like Polish dirty and wet stinking taxi driver. Sorry,... it's just disgusting.

Are you sure you don't like them.:D. I mean you seem to be sitting on the fence. ;):D

Edited by Danny 57
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Enriquez said:

That’s good to know :thumbup: I’m now convinced you definitely shouldn’t buy them for your car :D

Got them fitted. Very easy to fit and I don't think I need to use the clips. The 2 front ones are currently affecting the one pull for the windows to go up, they get to the top and come back down again. Hopefully leaving them for a good few hours as suggested on the internet will fix that. They're fine if I stop them before they hit the top and then pull again. Anyone else have that and did it stop? No such issue on the back ones.

IMG_20180217_105833.jpg

• Like 1

I had the same initial problem with auto close so I put the windows up manually/gradually, left them overnight and never had the issue since. I suppose the clips might have helped, but I didn’t want to mark the rubber or glass.

When did you buy the Lada by the way?

:D

On 2/12/2018 at 07:28, daveo138 said:

Yes, they look good.

Nice to see that your parking bays are big enough to fit a Superb, unlike the UK.

Parking bays big enough...................Looks like they got the whole car park to themselves, Lol.

16 minutes ago, Alan_P said:

I had the same initial problem with auto close so I put the windows up manually/gradually, left them overnight and never had the issue since. I suppose the clips might have helped, but I didn’t want to mark the rubber or glass.

When did you buy the Lada by the way?

:D

Collected it in November. We went for Lada Poo Brown colour just to make it extra disgusting. I can see people in the rear view mirror trying not to puke in their cars.

• Haha 3

On 2/14/2018 at 16:40, STREE said:

I got wet the other day opening the car door 

But they won't prevent you getting wet opening the car door.....................unless you meant window?

I see you have bought some and they do make for good use as jr rs uses them for.

They also make for very good use in mine to prevent condensation build up in wet weather, especially on return after parked up for short while, by leaving them open a little.

My air con doesn't work and i have (had - RIP Barney) a dog.

34 minutes ago, Tilt said:

But they won't prevent you getting wet opening the car door.....................unless you meant window?

I see you have bought some and they do make for good use as jr rs uses them for.

They also make for very good use in mine to prevent condensation build up in wet weather, especially on return after parked up for short while, by leaving them open a little.

My air con doesn't work and i have (had - RIP Barney) a dog.

Yes, sorry. Moment of madness. Window not door.