Changes in MY2019

2 hours ago, penguin17 said:

Odd isn't it?! Even SEAT have ditched it, in the Leon.  

Only on top spec models... I'm looking at some 67-plate Leons that still have Manual HB's

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, hwr1983 said:

Only on top spec models... I'm looking at some 67-plate Leons that still have Manual HB's

Jeez, looks like the low level models are, as you say, still using manual handbrakes.  I've just loaded up the 'S' into the configurator and there it is, big handbrake.

Nothing wrong with a manual handbrake. It's nice to know that it's actually on! I've been caught out twice by the eleccy handbrake not being on when I thought it was. Once in my old Avensis, and once in the Superb. Luckily I park in gear without fail, but it was alarming for the car to roll a little getting out of the car! Also I know a hill nearby there in the snow, you really need to keep some momentum to get up it, but there's a 90 degree bend at the bottom off the main road onto it, and manual handbrakes really help out there when used properly! 

• Like 1

On 7.03.2018 at 09:53, Too Tall said:

I like it.

23uugc9.jpg%5B

r6xywy.jpg

But still i do not know why they left Piano Black finiszing  of arco and gearshift. I would look much better like in VRS carbon as already carbon is in Superb sporrLine.

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke to Skoda UK two days ago. They are currently only accepting orders for diesel models. No petrol available to order. 

I noticed the Czech site already has the newer GPF tsi engine in the 280 (now 272) 

• Sad 1

Production of new gpf engines is not scheduled until wk36, so uk deliveries will not recommence until say wk 38-40 which is I think is end of September.

Same must apply to other models in Skoda and possibly throughout VAG!

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, xman said:

Production of new gpf engines is not scheduled until wk36, so uk deliveries will not recommence until say wk 38-40 which is I think is end of September.

Same must apply to other models in Skoda and possibly throughout VAG!

Wow! That's a good while away. My dealer called yesterday and is hopeful he can get me one of two pre ordered cars. They've both been built so I'll keep my fingers crossed 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, boydeee said:

Wow! That's a good while away. My dealer called yesterday and is hopeful he can get me one of two pre ordered cars. They've both been built so I'll keep my fingers crossed 

Should haggle for a deal too, after all they are soon to be 'old tech' :biggrin:

It's going to be interesting see how the GPF equipped TSI engines stack up against the current ones and if the changes are significant enough to make for a better or worse car.  I'm hoping the former as it bodes well for the immeidate future of the internal combustion engine.  

3 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

Should haggle for a deal too, after all they are soon to be 'old tech' :biggrin:

It's going to be interesting see how the GPF equipped TSI engines stack up against the current ones and if the changes are significant enough to make for a better or worse car.  I'm hoping the former as it bodes well for the immeidate future of the internal combustion engine.  

I hope so too. The 7 speed dsg sounds promising also. 

The two cars already built are both different colours to what I ordered and I'm not sure what options are fitted. I already annoyed him with my original deal and the discounted price, let's see what they can do now! 

Slightly OT but kinda related; a work colleague ordered a SEAT Cupra 300 ST at the same time I ordered my 280.  He contacted SEAT UK last week after I said that Skoda had been helpful with confirming build week, etc.  He said his current lead time pushed him into June/July so I queried if the car will be GPF equipped and he knew nothing of it, he looked at me like I was lying about the whole concept.  He then used the online chat to speak with SEAT and they basically had no idea about GPF equipped engines and were adamant there were no changes to the TSI engines for MY18 and MY19 cars.    He's definitely looking at a build week when the new EU compliance comes into effect so I wonder how that'll work out for him. 

Maybe the Spanish don't realise they are in the EU :biggrin:

1 minute ago, boydeee said:

I hope so too. The 7 speed dsg sounds promising also. 

The two cars already built are both different colours to what I ordered and I'm not sure what options are fitted. I already annoyed him with my original deal and the discounted price, let's see what they can do now! 

Let us know how you get on.  Glad you potentially have something sorted after getting your initial order rejected.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

Let us know how you get on.  Glad you potentially have something sorted after getting your initial order rejected.  

Will do mate.

That's interesting about Seat....I wonder if "Mañana" is perhaps how they see the addition of the filter :D 

• Like 1

Just configured a L&K 280 estate on the Czech site in Červená Volcano red fully loaded and it came out at 1,352,800 CZK or £46,563, last time I did this it was under £40K so prices have gone up a bit!

6 minutes ago, philsmith said:

Just configured a L&K 280 estate on the Czech site in Červená Volcano red fully loaded and it came out at 1,352,800 CZK or £46,563, last time I did this it was under £40K so prices have gone up a bit!

They certainly have if that is the case! I guess the exchange rate has some impact, but wouldn't account for all of it. For that price in CZK to equate to £40k the exchange rate would have to be over 33:1. It hasn't been that high in years.

10 minutes ago, philsmith said:

I fully expect them to go up again when the order books for the 272/GPF engine open again. VAG will need to claw some money back from dieselgate and retooling the factory, etc won't exactly be a cheap exercise. 

It's likely the rest of the range will also get a price increase.   The one in November '16 was pretty significant,  with my particular order going up £800 overnight, whilst other Skoda models such as the Fabia and Octavia only seeing a small increase by comparison.  This was blamed on cost increases in the supply chain, probably a domino effect of Brexit panics.  IIRC there was another £600 raise on the increase in early '17 too.

31 minutes ago, philsmith said:

£1 = 29.04 CZK

Yep - and that is pretty much where it has been for the last 18 months. So changes to the CZK price are real price rises as you said.

31 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

I fully expect them to go up again when the order books for the 272/GPF engine open again. VAG will need to claw some money back from dieselgate and retooling the factory, etc won't exactly be a cheap exercise. 

It's likely the rest of the range will also get a price increase.   The one in November '16 was pretty significant,  with my particular order going up £800 overnight, whilst other Skoda models such as the Fabia and Octavia only seeing a small increase by comparison.  This was blamed on cost increases in the supply chain, probably a domino effect of Brexit panics.  IIRC there was another £600 raise on the increase in early '17 too.

Agreed. From memory when I specced mine up to compare the ex-demo discount from list (November time I think) it gave £33.5k list. By the time I did it again in January - again from memory - it was nearer £34.5k. So definitely an increase during that period. Luckily I had already locked in the price of mine by that point so the "residual" increase wasn't passed on to me.

image.png.b576369179eceafe8951ce0424125388.png

Edited by BriskodaJeff
Remove second graph

There's already been a price rise of £615 across all variants in early January.

I noticed when I checked Carfile yesterday that there appear to be some spec changes too. For instance, SE now has front AND rear parking sensors. SEL has colour mft as standard can now have perforated black or beige leather at no extra cost.

Maybe the gpf requires changes to the floorpan in which case I wouldnt be surprised if the facelift arrives at the same time as the new engines.

1 hour ago, xman said:

Maybe the gpf requires changes to the floorpan in which case I wouldnt be surprised if the facelift arrives at the same time as the new engines.

Unlikely due to the investment in the MQB architecture, with one of it's benefits being the ability to use different engines and drivetrain configurations but utilise the same engine mount points.  The newer engines and associated GPF ancillaries would likely just be designed and manufactured to fit the 'standardisation' of the MQB platform, not the other way around. 

EDIT:   and the Superb, in it's current implementation,  already supports the use of both the 6 and 7 speed DSG's, so that also wouldn't warrant any type of platform change. 

Edited by penguin17

£46,563 is a lot cheaper then the £63K I came to when I configured an E class with similar equipment a couple of weeks ago, and that would have been with a diesel motor as you cannot get a petrol unless you go for an AMG which start at £58K before you add any options!

Ye gods!:o

I've made a similar point on another thread where someone is looking at an L&K Superb versus a top end 5 series. Price-wise, when I looked (very briefly) they weren't even in the same ball-park. Never owned a Merc - at those prices it looks like I never will! I still believe the L&K represents fantastic value for money, even with the price rises.

9 minutes ago, philsmith said:

£46,563 is a lot cheaper then the £63K I came to when I configured an E class with similar equipment a couple of weeks ago, and that would have been with a diesel motor as you cannot get a petrol unless you go for an AMG which start at £58K before you add any options!

Yeah and it would have been much much more before they introduced the 43 AMG's! (they do look and sound good though!)