Changes in MY2019

11 minutes ago, Offski said:

I read many things from the VW Group and all are about what is coming.  ID, EV's, Hybrids, New Battery Factories etc.

But then they need to get WLTP / RDE tested cars built and delivered now.

Deal with the investigations into many things including the Batteries they had in the likes of the E-Golf and Golf GTE.

Vorsprung Durch Technik.   

Get your sh!t together and do not control the world over population by killing more people than you need to.

Buy crap airbags & do not do recalls, but not Software and Batteries & charging components.   Test things more on Monkeys or Senior Management rather than on the general public.

VW's electric and hybrid cars contain a poisonous metal _ This is Money.mhtml

Did you know that the air quality in the UK is so great that there are 4.3million adults and (SAD) 1.1million children suffering from ASTHMA.:angry:

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, philsmith said:

I have read that the Superb will have a bigger battery than the Passat, so maybe Skoda are already on top of this.

Cool - Then you might be in luck! Seems like a hybrid Superb would be  great car...

I know people with asthma, and knew ones that are now dead.

Then i read the news.   So yes i have a little idea what is happening with pollution, and VW, and the others and Chris Grayling MP, Micheal Gove MP and many other politicians.

Jack Sh!t.

Even Panasonic or Sony batteries, just not like the Panasonic or Sony ones sold in 99 pence shops or on Amazon / Ebay that are made to look like batteries.

Edited by Offski

Asthma is a condition that is triggered by allergies and sometimes genetic in origin. Pollen, household dust, mites, animals, medication, food are all well known triggers. Don't blame it solely or mainly on cars.

Industry, planes, ships,trains, buses, trucks....

What about wood burning stoves, coal fires, recycling plants....

The severe asthma I had from birth eventually I found out was caused by exposure to the dirt and damp living in old victorian houses, horse hair lime mortar was particularly nasty. Moved into a new build 25 yrs ago and its gone completely. Wife was opposite, never had it until we moved.

I will add that those that delete DPF or tune their diesels so producing several hundreds or more times the amount of smoke/particulates should have their cars confiscated/crushed without compensation, driving ban and fined heavily, thousands of pounds.

7 minutes ago, xman said:

Asthma is a condition that is triggered by allergies and sometimes genetic in origin. Pollen, household dust, mites, animals, medication, food are all well known triggers. Don't blame it solely or mainly on cars.

Industry, planes, ships,trains, buses, trucks....

What about wood burning stoves, coal fires, recycling plants....

The severe asthma I had from birth eventually I found out was caused by exposure to the dirt and damp living in old victorian houses, horse hair lime mortar was particularly nasty. Moved into a new build 25 yrs ago and its gone completely. Wife was opposite, never had it until we moved.

I will add that those that delete DPF or tune their diesels so producing several hundreds or more times the amount of smoke/particulates should have their cars confiscated/crushed without compensation, driving ban and fined heavily, thousands of pounds.

Was thinking old lorries, old buses, old taxi's and old diesel cars producing plenty of particulates before they decided to trap them and incinerate them onboard.:dry:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, xman said:

For me particulates causing cancer is more of a concern as is recent suggestion that young children can be brain damaged by them getting into the blood stream.

Ever thought of removing the Superb boot badge (seems quite trendy at the moment) from your car and fitting a KUGA one. Looks a lot like YUGO if you squint a bit.:notme:

On 01/10/2018 at 12:00, xpertbg said:

The new VCDS version 18.9 was released recently, but unfortunately it has no description of the changes. Anyone knows if it works for the MY2019 superb?

To answer my own question, I found this news:

http://www.ross-tech.com/news.php

VCDS Release 18.9 is now available on our Download Page . 
This version includes support for new 2019 model cars, as well as a number of other enhancements and improvements. This release works with all genuine Ross-Tech interfaces made since 2004, but support for 2019 model cars requires a current generation interface.

• 1 month later...
On 03/10/2018 at 10:56, shyVRS245 said:

Did you know that the air quality in the UK is so great that there are 4.3million adults and (SAD) 1.1million children suffering from ASTHMA.:angry:

So?

Peanut allergies are also reported more than ever before but when you quote absurd statistics you cannot expect to be taken seriously. My father faced death several times from asthma attacks when growing up and a close business colleague died unexpectedly over a weekend when pollution levels were higher but measured differently.

Do not dare, ever, to push you pathetic and misguided snowflake agenda onto the real world suggesting few exceptional examples can be extrapolated across 4.3 million adults and 1.1 million children with mild symptoms that may be asthmatic just because labels = money. You hardly ever see people exhibiting asthmatic symptoms now anywhere.