Delivery times

cjrp

16 minutes ago, Skodaq said:

Goldtw74, have you heard at what stage your order is at yet?

Unconfirmed build week of 22 Oct. Hopefully get confirmation next week. So I would get handover mid November if that's stuck to. Teach me to add digital dash!

Just now, Goldtw74 said:

Unconfirmed build week of 22 Oct. Hopefully get confirmation next week. So I would get handover mid November if that's stuck to. Teach me to add digital dash!

Am sure that the wait will be worth it and that like me, you soon be swanning around in your new toy! Lol.

Mine took 12 days then dealer preparation time. There are a lot more ships going into Grimsby at the moment so if you are in the North you will be lucky

Anyone knows if Skoda dealers give free drive away car insurance? Am going to pick up mine in 1.5 weeks but obviously can't buy insurance until I'm given the car registration. When do they even get it registered as getting insurance last minute tends to cost more.

3 minutes ago, SizzlingPotato said:

Anyone knows if Skoda dealers give free drive away car insurance? Am going to pick up mine in 1.5 weeks but obviously can't buy insurance until I'm given the car registration. When do they even get it registered as getting insurance last minute tends to cost more.

If your car is due in 1.5 weeks your dealer will already have a reg no for it. I have the reg no for mine and the car isn’t due till the end of the month!

You can have 5 days free insurance from when you pick up your car. Your dealer will give you the details with the registration number. 

Twelve miles on the clock at the dealer.  Went to Costco nearby to fill up. I expected they would have only put enough in to get to a garage but there was about three gallons which was nice. About £17 worth. Top marks to Skoda, Liverpool.

After 122 miles refuelled to brim at Costco Chester.  Averaged 52 mpg. Now it's on 519 miles and the screen display shows average 54+ mpg. Next fillup will show if that 's accurate.

Economy mode selected, there's a button for that. Expect mpg to improve as it loosens up.

Lots of clever stuff on board. Phone system connects by Bluetooth, The old Citroen has it's own sim card in dashboard slot with it's own number. Just as good.

Bit of a faff to delete old navigation destinations. Still learning it. Points of interest - restaurants, fuel, hotels etc, can be added or deselected on the screen.

There's a long list but you need to decide on favourites as it's limited to twelve to show on screen.

Voice control works well.

Lots of screen menus, including green economy meter for your light foot score as a percentage. I'm managing 89%. Easy away from the traffic lights and keeping to 60 on the motorway, just ahead of the trucks.

Has cruise control and speed limiter. This model doesn't have the ACC-auto cruise control which holds you a distance away from vehicles ahead. I'm told it does have automatic emergency braking if you're heading for disaster. I'm reluctant to test that feature.

Just loaded a usb stick with lots of music tracks and photos and it works fine.

Doesn't do movies though. The old Citroen does via av sockets in the glovebox. Shuts video down when moving above 5mph- quite rightly.

The Karoq front and rear 12v sockets are permanently powered so would flatten the battery if I left my Nextbase dashcams connected. Will have to remember to pull the plugs when leaving the car. Nextbase helpline suggested hard wiring to the fusebox or replace with their motion activated cameras. Very expensive.

High driving position is good, can see over hedges and easy to get in and out. Good turning circle. Powerful smooth brakes. Reasonably comfortable, not quite up to  Citroen hydropneumatic suspension but better than most modern steel sprung cars. No doubt it will soften up after a few skirmishes with our potholes.

Little raucous on start up but very quiet when up and running. Proper size tyres - none of that low profile skinny rubber band rubbish and feels firmly attached to the road. Very light steering-not much feel of what's going on down there. Reckoned to have a more forgiving ride than the VAG Seat and Tiguan lookalikes which is good if you're not looking for sporty performance and like it relaxed and comfy.

All in all, very pleased.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doogle69 said:

You can have 5 days free insurance from when you pick up your car. Your dealer will give you the details with the registration number. 

You have to go through the process of getting a quote on the phone.  They not unreasonably want you to insure with them.  I was very disappointed.  I went through the whole thing and then nothing arrived to indicate that the car was insured - not to us nor the dealer.  They had the correct email address as they sent me the customer service questionnaire!  Fortunately, my existing insurer was happy to give me a free overlap.

The registration process was done while we were with the salesman to collect the car.  He had told us the registration beforehand to arrange the insurance.  The transfer of our old car was also done on line while we were there and we given the acknowledgement that it had been done - a postal acknowledgement from the DVLA arrived about a week later.

Our car arrived in the last week of September but we could not collect it until October. There was no pressure to register the car in September - probably that month had already been given up as lost cause for bonuses etc.

I checked the tyres. They were at 33psi all round. Confirmed the TPMS on screen. (Must check that's the correct pressure). Thanks for the reminder. Incidentally, should I be putting my thoughts on a different thread, not under this: Delivery Times?

2 hours ago, DaveWK said:

Twelve miles on the clock at the dealer.  Went to Costco nearby to fill up. I expected they would have only put enough in to get to a garage but there was about three gallons which was nice. About £17 worth. Top marks to Skoda, Liverpool.

After 122 miles refuelled to brim at Costco Chester.  Averaged 52 mpg. Now it's on 519 miles and the screen display shows average 54+ mpg. Next fillup will show if that 's accurate.

Economy mode selected, there's a button for that. Expect mpg to improve as it loosens up.

Lots of clever stuff on board. Phone system connects by Bluetooth, The old Citroen has it's own sim card in dashboard slot with it's own number. Just as good.

Bit of a faff to delete old navigation destinations. Still learning it. Points of interest - restaurants, fuel, hotels etc, can be added or deselected on the screen.

There's a long list but you need to decide on favourites as it's limited to twelve to show on screen.

Voice control works well.

Lots of screen menus, including green economy meter for your light foot score as a percentage. I'm managing 89%. Easy away from the traffic lights and keeping to 60 on the motorway, just ahead of the trucks.

Has cruise control and speed limiter. This model doesn't have the ACC-auto cruise control which holds you a distance away from vehicles ahead. I'm told it does have automatic emergency braking if you're heading for disaster. I'm reluctant to test that feature.

Just loaded a usb stick with lots of music tracks and photos and it works fine.

Doesn't do movies though. The old Citroen does via av sockets in the glovebox. Shuts video down when moving above 5mph- quite rightly.

The Karoq front and rear 12v sockets are permanently powered so would flatten the battery if I left my Nextbase dashcams connected. Will have to remember to pull the plugs when leaving the car. Nextbase helpline suggested hard wiring to the fusebox or replace with their motion activated cameras. Very expensive.

High driving position is good, can see over hedges and easy to get in and out. Good turning circle. Powerful smooth brakes. Reasonably comfortable, not quite up to  Citroen hydropneumatic suspension but better than most modern steel sprung cars. No doubt it will soften up after a few skirmishes with our potholes.

Little raucous on start up but very quiet when up and running. Proper size tyres - none of that low profile skinny rubber band rubbish and feels firmly attached to the road. Very light steering-not much feel of what's going on down there. Reckoned to have a more forgiving ride than the VAG Seat and Tiguan lookalikes which is good if you're not looking for sporty performance and like it relaxed and comfy.

All in all, very pleased.

That's a bummer that the 12v sockets stay on. I'm all ready to install a dash cam I bought but have to now think twice. No settings for that?

1 hour ago, DaveWK said:

I checked the tyres. They were at 33psi all round. Confirmed the TPMS on screen. (Must check that's the correct pressure). Thanks for the reminder. Incidentally, should I be putting my thoughts on a different thread, not under this: Delivery Times?

Actually what should be the pressure? Is it written on the inside of the door like other cars?

No settings afaik. If car is your own, not leased I'd hard wire it.

The kit includes a plug which fits into a suitable fuse socket (powered with ignition on) and original fuse fits in top.

8 hours ago, Teds said:

You have to go through the process of getting a quote on the phone.  They not unreasonably want you to insure with them.  I was very disappointed.  I went through the whole thing and then nothing arrived to indicate that the car was insured - not to us nor the dealer.  They had the correct email address as they sent me the customer service questionnaire!  Fortunately, my existing insurer was happy to give me a free overlap.

The registration process was done while we were with the salesman to collect the car.  He had told us the registration beforehand to arrange the insurance.  The transfer of our old car was also done on line while we were there and we given the acknowledgement that it had been done - a postal acknowledgement from the DVLA arrived about a week later.

Our car arrived in the last week of September but we could not collect it until October. There was no pressure to register the car in September - probably that month had already been given up as lost cause for bonuses etc.

Thanks for this Ted. I don't collect the car until Tuesday so will get the insurance sorted today as I have the registration number and don't want to be messing about worried about the it on the day. 

6 hours ago, SizzlingPotato said:

That's a bummer that the 12v sockets stay on. I'm all ready to install a dash cam I bought but have to now think twice. No settings for that?

If you want to run a cold box it's better they are live all the time. Mine monitors the voltage and shuts off if it gets low to prevent a flat battery. 

17 hours ago, Skodaq said:

Hi Dave. At last my Karoq is on its way to Emden! How are you getting on with yours?

Mine has also just left the factory! We are collecting from Epsom. I'm very keen to see how long yours takes. What spec did you go for again?