Delivery times

cjrp

22 minutes ago, Michael G said:

Provisional and Confirmed BW's same for me, and overall, actual handover was a month earlier than was estimated on Order Day.

How close were you to the build week before it was confirmed Michael?

15 minutes ago, ronster007 said:

How close were you to the build week before it was confirmed Michael?

Ah, some of it was verbal, so my written records are incomplete. AFAIR, it went Status 20 (confirmed) about a week before the actual Build Week - BW9 - so 26/02 to 04/03.

I do have an email on 06/03 saying it had gone to Status 30 - denoting in transit to Emden.

Replying to our friend in Sweden,  my dealer said that there had been a 'quota of 1.5 petrol engines and this had been used. He spoke about causing a delay but did not sound so stressed it was a 2019 delay.  I in fact had picked up my car in March (1.5 se l) and it would be interesting to hear from others who have had the car a while their pro's and con's about the car -- I think the car travelling towards the petrol pump is quite a natty gizmo.

Until September, it seems that it is not possible anymore to order a Karoq with 2.0 TDI engine, because of the switch from NEDC to WLTP emission and consumption tests. 

Do you have the same situation in UK or in other countries?

Because of this restriction, the car for which I signed could not be ordered Today, so now the dealer gave me the alternative to choose a pre-ordered car that is almost similar to what I configured,

but with some important options missing(heated windscreen, heated steering wheel, alarm) and some other added(navigation, 18" wheels, auxiliary heater, phonebox, sport seats and sport steering wheel, vario flex), all for a plus of 866E. This car can be available in 2 weeks, versus the 6-7 months for my order...

The other option would be to order the car in autumn and to have the car, God knows when, probably on next year, this time.

I'm thinking that the auxiliary heater could replace the heated windscreen and the steering wheel if I program it before every departure, but I'm a bit worried about the sport seats, which I didn't have the chance to test them, so not sure how they will be.

What would you choose?

Edited by Gabi4

8 hours ago, Gabi4 said:

Until September, it seems that it is not possible anymore to order a Karoq with 2.0 TDI engine, because of the switch from NEDC to WLTP emission and consumption tests. 

Do you have the same situation in UK or in other countries?

Because of this restriction, the car for which I signed could not be ordered Today, so now the dealer gave me the alternative to choose a pre-ordered car that is almost similar to what I configured,

but with some important options missing(heated windscreen, heated steering wheel, alarm) and some other added(navigation, 18" wheels, auxiliary heater, phonebox, sport seats and sport steering wheel, vario flex), all for a plus of 866E. This car can be available in 2 weeks, versus the 6-7 months for my order...

The other option would be to order the car in autumn and to have the car, God knows when, probably on next year, this time.

I'm thinking that the auxiliary heater could replace the heated windscreen and the steering wheel if I program it before every departure, but I'm a bit worried about the sport seats, which I didn't have the chance to test them, so not sure how they will be.

What would you choose?

I'd take the car I can get my hands on at least you know when it will arrive, a new order could be sometime never the way others are reporting deliveries on new orders.  I also think if you don't take up the offer there will be a queue to bite his hand off.

17 hours ago, ronster007 said:

Just out of interest how close was it  to the actual build week before people got their build week confirmed by the dealers and it Skoda?

For me it was confirmed when the car was built. It turned out to be the same week as the revised, revised build week.

Build week 20 now confirmed. On a similar topic received an email from a dealer I had made other enquiries with, stating any order placed now would be produced very late 18, early 2019! Confirming similar posts. 

While I was picking mine up last weekend, I was talking to staff and they also said the waiting list was 5 - 6 months and was still growing. So glad I decided to upgrade early.

I kept in touch via their website chat and they were helpful -- they gave me build week 8 and at the end of build week 8 I asked for progress 

and they said it was en route to emden....they never seem to mind you asking for an update.....

On 5/5/2018 at 08:32, ernieb said:

I'd take the car I can get my hands on at least you know when it will arrive, a new order could be sometime never the way others are reporting deliveries on new orders.  I also think if you don't take up the offer there will be a queue to bite his hand off.

At the end, I refused that car because I want to be configured as I want. With this ocassion I realized that I want also Auxiliary Heater and the 18" wheels. 

So I'm waiting to be able to send the command..

i HAVE 18" wheels on my SE L and find the ride a bit to firm and FWIW back end of last year one of the car mags was voicing against the 19" wheels as they opined they would make the ride a little too unsettled. 

The car I tested had the 16" wheels and seemed to me having a too soft suspension. That's why I was thinking to jump to the 18" ones.

Thanks for your feeback!

Popped into dealers yesterday , ours was ordered on 17th march ,build week confirmed this week so we should receive it first week in June :)

Edited by fabman

29 minutes ago, fabman said:

Popped into dealers yesterday , ours was ordered on 17th march ,build week confirmed this week so we should receive it first week in June :)

Can I ask what model you ordered and engine? I ordered mine 8 weeks before you and I am still awaiting a confirmed BW.  Many thanks.

I ordered mine last week of Jan and no sign of it. It leaves me absolutely bewildered and less than content when you see on here customers ordering their cars weeks after me  collecting their vehicle. What system is Skoda operating? They are certainly p*ssing a lot of people off. I am lead to believe BW 20 whenever that is.

8 hours ago, Coburg said:

I ordered mine last week of Jan and no sign of it. It leaves me absolutely bewildered and less than content when you see on here customers ordering their cars weeks after me  collecting their vehicle. What system is Skoda operating? They are certainly p*ssing a lot of people off. I am lead to believe BW 20 whenever that is.

According to my case manager BW21 is the week beginning 21 May so assuming yours is the week before hopefully you should have confirmation that it is actually being built this week coming. As mine has slipped from BW 16 to 21 I wouldn't go holding my breath.

Hi Coburg,

Mines BW20 (14 May) this is now confirmed. Skoda chat will be able to tell you if it’s provisional or confirmed, you just need your order number. 

21 hours ago, Coburg said:

The week numbers are standard ISO 1-52 (or 53), which appears on some calendars (google can convert it to actual dates if you don’t have it handy) build week 20 is 14-20 May.  Add 3-5 weeks for delivery.

It doesn’t really help anyone when people post without mentioning engine, gearbox, spec and options.  As an example 1.5 petrol DSG are nearer 24-28 weeks, but some less popular combinations are much quicker

32 minutes ago, SurreyJohn said:

The week numbers are standard ISO 1-52 (or 53), which appears on some calendars (google can convert it to actual dates if you don’t have it handy) build week 20 is 14-20 May.  Add 3-5 weeks for delivery.

It doesn’t really help anyone when people post without mentioning engine, gearbox, spec and options.  As an example 1.5 petrol DSG are nearer 24-28 weeks, but some less popular combinations are much quicker

Based on the information you have provided, it could arrive in mid - late June which will be close to five months from ordering.

I chose a 1.5 Petrol DSG, with no extras. There was no indication when ordering that choosing certain models and configurations would influence delivery and if I had been informed at the outset of the amount of time I would have to wait I would have sourced an alternative manufacturer. After all there are dozens to choose from. I’ve been fortunate enough to have had many new cars over the decades but this unpleasant experience is a first for me.

• Like 1

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 12:03, ARTURO-B said:

i HAVE 18" wheels on my SE L and find the ride a bit to firm and FWIW back end of last year one of the car mags was voicing against the 19" wheels as they opined they would make the ride a little too unsettled. 

I found my tyres had been inflated to the 'ECO' pressure of 40psi when delivered. Normal pressure is 34psi. Perhaps you should check and adjust if necessary? The lower pressure will be more compliant over small bumps.

dear luckypants, thanks for the heads up -- checked my tyres and they were 45 (or even slightly over) PSI !!!!  have dropped them to 35psi and certainly takes some of the harshness of the ride away. It might be as well for anyone else taking delivery of the card to check their tyres too because we rarely have more than 2 of us in the car -- not 3 or 4 with luggage indicated beneath the fuel cap

On 06/05/2018 at 20:17, GlosJanner said:

Can I ask what model you ordered and engine? I ordered mine 8 weeks before you and I am still awaiting a confirmed BW.  Many thanks.

Hi Glos , model ref is Karoq sel 1.5tsi ,petrol blue,heated screen,ambient lighting,spare wheel .

I ordered my energy blue 1.5 TSI SE L DSG with space saver wheel and virtual pedal for the boot on 15th February. The dealer has just let me know that it's on its way to the ship, so hopefully I should have it by the end of the month. I've been very worried reading reports on this forum of big delays, but hopefully I'll take delivery on time. When I ordered the car, they told me the end of May for delivery. Mind you, I haven't got it yet ...