Delivery times

cjrp

Delivery on.....Tuesday! It's been a long time since January and I am not the most patient person in the world with this sort of thing

• Like 3

I ordered a 1.5 DSG Edition on the 19th Feb. Originally told BW 14 (Delivery by May 31st), then moved to BW19 (this week).

Have had confirmation today that it has been built so if it finds its way to me in the next 4-5 weeks, it won't have been majorly delayed...

1 hour ago, monkey153 said:

I ordered a 1.5 DSG Edition on the 19th Feb. Originally told BW 14 (Delivery by May 31st), then moved to BW19 (this week).

Have had confirmation today that it has been built so if it finds its way to me in the next 4-5 weeks, it won't have been majorly delayed...

On 09/05/2018 at 19:47, Marchincus said:

It seems the cars are coming through a lot better now - collecting mine on Friday and ordered mid February.  Can't wait for Friday!!!

Ordered my 1.5 DSG SE L, no extras, in the last week of January and still not built, so cars may be coming through a lot better for you and others but certainly not for me. Skoda couldn’t organise a p*ss up in a brewery as far as I’m concerned ... whatever happened to “first come first served” ??? 

IF, I eventually take and accept delivery it will be the first, and the last Skoda.

Edited by Coburg
  • Like 1

Coburg.  I’m with you on this. Ordered 1.5 manual  sel on 19th January. Build week originally week 11.  But delayed. With no explanation until week 16. I more lucky cos mine was built week 16. Or so Skoda tell me!!!! and sent by train to emden. It has been at emden since 21st April. And hasn’t yet been assigned to a ship. Let alone been loaded on to one!!!SKoda chat line then told me that dealers were responsible for arranging shipping.  Imagine 500 vw Audi and Skoda dealers all operating that system!!!!!

now been allocated a case manager. Who when I returned his call was suddenly not available. So not much hope there.

So from Coburg and me. Just remember there are many others who have waited far longer than Marchincus and monkey 153. And there is still every opportunity that Skoda still have time to mess yours up too!!!!

2 hours ago, Coburg said:

Ordered my 1.5 DSG SE L, no extras, in the last week of January and still not built, so cars may be coming through a lot better for you and others but certainly not for me. Skoda couldn’t organise a p*ss up in a brewery as far as I’m concerned ... whatever happened to “first come first served” ??? 

IF, I eventually take and accept delivery it will be the first, and the last Skoda.

So sorry you and many others are still waiting.

All I can tell you is that the Karoq IS worth the wait - I very much look forward to driving it - and thats not happened for a long time.

I guess the popularity is such they can't build them fast enough to supply the demand.

Had mine for Three weeks and it is a great car. However, that still doesn’t excuse the awful mess that Skoda have made in building and delivering cars to their customers. Do they have a  system or do they toss a coin to decide which cars to build next. Similarly, the delivery system seems totally haphazard.

I’ve already commented on how appalling I find the haphazardness of the order/production/delivery process. All I can now add 2 weeks into driving the vehicle, an Edition 1.5 petrol, is how pleased I am with it. The only reassurance I can provide to those still waiting is that it is worth it. Skoda UK have to take a lot of the blame in not providing clearer information to their customers, dealers or end users alike. The reason may be in that the Karoq is more popular than anticipated, but lack of professional communication is inexcusable. Good luck to those still waiting, but hang on in there.

• Like 1

Well just finished with chatting to Skoda. Still unconfirmed build date week 21 I.e that’s next week. SEL 1.6 diesel with ACC.

I am amazed that with only a week away, production planning is appears to be so haphazard that they haven’t planned for the next couple of weeks.

If it doesn’t go ahead I will have to consider cancelling the order. I can’t extend the lease on my vehicle. It would be a real pain to do so.

They are building a new factory but apparently they need to boost output and for that reasons some KAROQ production is being moved to Osnabruck plant in Germany 

in order to help speed things up. 

17 hours ago, ARTURO-B said:

They are building a new factory but apparently they need to boost output and for that reasons some KAROQ production is being moved to Osnabruck plant in Germany 

in order to help speed things up. 

Apparently not until the end of the year. 

On 11/05/2018 at 19:17, OldKaroq said:

So sorry you and many others are still waiting.

All I can tell you is that the Karoq IS worth the wait - I very much look forward to driving it - and thats not happened for a long time.

I guess the popularity is such they can't build them fast enough to supply the demand.

Well worth the wait?

Irrespective of how good I find the car when I eventually receive it, (nearly five months and still no sign), nothing will erase this my first and certainly my last experience of Skoda. It doesn’t matter how much they speed up production if their planning is so disorganised and illogical.

Coburg.   I agree with you. Ordered 1.5 SEL on 19 jan. eventually built week 16.  Been at emden since 21April. Skoda chat and dealer tell me there are problems at the port. HA HA HA HA. Just hysterical.  It’s just one delay after another   And no one is really telling you why.

no organisation at all.  I’d have lost my job if I had given such a totally pathetic level of service.   I you and I have both said.  No interest or enthusiasm for the car. That went weeks ago.  And definitely no more Skoda in future

This is the one thing that is currently stopping me from ordering a 1.5tsi DSG Edition with just about every option box ticked. The thought of months of delays and the difficulty in getting accurate delivery data is a concern. Additionally how can a dealer give you an accurate trade-in price when they don't know when they will be receiving the trade-in. It makes planning a bit tricky.

32 minutes ago, The Zee said:

This is the one thing that is currently stopping me from ordering a 1.5tsi DSG Edition with just about every option box ticked. The thought of months of delays and the difficulty in getting accurate delivery data is a concern. Additionally how can a dealer give you an accurate trade-in price when they don't know when they will be receiving the trade-in. It makes planning a bit tricky.

This is he very problem I am facing with regards to trade in price and it does make planning very difficult. If there are any further delays I will be expecting my dealer to commit to a price or I will cancel

49 minutes ago, The Zee said:

50 minutes ago, The Zee said:

50 minutes ago, The Zee said:

Exactly. There are probably lots of people who like me are still waiting having ordered in January but either they are not aware of this site or are not interested in participating. I would take whatever delivery advice the dealer gives with a pinch of salt as they have no control whatsoever over it and are simply guessing.

It is extremely frustrating to be no further forward after all this time and even more so when individuals advise on here how quickly they have received their cars and I ordered a bog standard 1.5tsi DSG SE L. with NO EXTRAS

2 hours ago, The Zee said:

Once you trade in for a new car it stays at that price even if it takes 6 months

Edited by skoda1982

10 minutes ago, skoda1982 said:

Once you trade in for a new car it stays at that price even if it takes 6 months

This is not what I am being told and in fact the dealer telling me my Golf has dropped £550 in value since 31 March with only an extra 750 miles on clock!!

3 minutes ago, ronster007 said:

This is not what I am being told and in fact the dealer telling me my Golf has dropped £550 in value since 31 March with only an extra 750 miles on clock!!

I traded mine in 2 months ago paid a deposit in that time mine has depreciated £800 but the trade in price stays the same. Got another 4/5 weeks for delivery

14 minutes ago, skoda1982 said:

I traded mine in 2 months ago paid a deposit in that time mine has depreciated £800 but the trade in price stays the same. Got another 4/5 weeks for delivery

Same as me paid my deposit trade price is what it is. Every payment being made now brings down monthly payment it's on pcp   

• Like 1

Had email from dealer this morning , our Karoq sel has left the building (factory) !

should be first week of June approx for collecting the car , does that sound about right time frame wise ?