Delivery times

cjrp

Just now, Goldtw74 said:

How long was it from build to shipping.  Mine is be built this week.

I can’t be precise as there was some delay during the build week but in all I would say approximately 3 weeks. It was sitting at Emden for appprox 1 week.

1 minute ago, Skodaq said:

I can’t be precise as there was some delay during the build week but in all I would say approximately 3 weeks. It was sitting at Emden for appprox 1 week.

All in allI reckon that you’re looking at the 2nd to 3rd week of November

Ordered a Skoda  karoq black automatic  se l 1.6 dsg on the 20th July have got an unconfirmed build week of 46 from Skoda live that’s provisionally week beginning 12 of November 2 weeks to build car 4 to 6 weeks for delivery will b lucky if I have it for Christmas so all in all 5 - 6 months for delivery from order 

5 hours ago, Jim69 said:

Ordered a Skoda  karoq black automatic  se l 1.6 dsg on the 20th July have got an unconfirmed build week of 46 from Skoda live that’s provisionally week beginning 12 of November 2 weeks to build car 4 to 6 weeks for delivery will b lucky if I have it for Christmas so all in all 5 - 6 months for delivery from order 

Blimey! That IS a long time to wait. Mine arrived at Grimsby 4 hours ago so, from the date I placed my order to the date that the dealership gets it will have been 3 months despite delays caused by WLTP and God knows what else!

On ‎28‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 12:38, Goldtw74 said:

I'm getting misty screens already, I think fords were the only cars with heated screens back in the day. But is an option i have selected.

Heated front screens definitely the way forward. Disabled friend of mine had them on his Ford nearly 20 years ago. We had them on our Freelander several years later. Other manufacturers playing catch-up. I can see the vertical elements on the Karoq screen - more distracting in certain light conditions. But mainly forget they are there.  No more frozen fingers scraping the car for me!

Was initially told 11 weeks by dealer can’t fault the dealer as he placed the order confirmed by Skoda live if I’d realised it was going to take this long I’d have went elsewhere but stuck between a rock and a hard place now as a lot of other forums are saying long delays in other makes of cars too so the thought of starting all over again isn’t a good one

Yes, don't jump ship now Jim. (out of the frying pan into the fire).  IF another make's model was available there is probably a good reason for it not being popular!  Only place I would try (as they got us an excellent new SUPERB that was already leaving the factory 4 years ago) is CAR WOW.

6 hours ago, Jim69 said:

Ordered mine 2nd August and seems I am a week ahead of you for same model. Had you added any extras? 

47 minutes ago, cboyle7 said:

Just had confirmation mines is in the UK. Skodaq looks like we were right about them being on the same boat.

Yeah the ship arrived at about 3.30am. We will probably have the same handover date at Lawrie’s!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cboyle7 said:

As mine is a lease it will be getting delivered

Motability lease being delivered to your home? Mine’s a Motability order but as I live across the water from Liverpool I will collect mine in person.

16 minutes ago, cboyle7 said:

As mine is a lease it will be getting delivered

Just noticed that you live in Livingston! How come you ordered through Lawrie’s and not a Scottish dealership?

finally some good news for us 

our dealer has found us a car so will be getting it next month all being well.  It all happens at once though, another dealer found us a tiguan too - and i'm feeling torn between the two cars now.

51 minutes ago, Skodaq said:

Just noticed that you live in Livingston! How come you ordered through Lawrie’s and not a Scottish dealership?

Through the leasing broker there was only a certain number of dealers who had the Q3 deals on. And of course the point that offksi makes!

2 minutes ago, cboyle7 said:

Through the leasing broker there was only a certain number of dealers who had the Q3 deals on. And of course the point that offksi makes!

Ah right! So we won’t bump into each other on handover day!

10 minutes ago, cboyle7 said:

Bet you’re getting impatient now to get behind the wheel of your new toy!! I certainly am!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lauryloo said:

finally some good news for us 

our dealer has found us a car so will be getting it next month all being well.  It all happens at once though, another dealer found us a tiguan too - and i'm feeling torn between the two cars now.

Good news at last then

5 minutes ago, Neilsam55 said:

I was all set to pick mine up this morning at 11am but mobility had a glitch in system when they tried to tax it system reset now won’t allow me to have my car until Tuesday it’s been sitting in dealership ready to go since last fri 

I feel for you and hope that doesn’t happen to mine as  mine is a Motability vehicle as well and should be with the dealer some time next week.