Delivery times

cjrp

I am in the same position as TheRoq

Ordered January 8th, built to stage 7 BW 8, promised delivery end of March.

Black leather Varioflex seats

Still parked outside at the factory with Skoda having absolutely no idea when it might be completed apparently (though how a fully computerised factory system doesn't know when components are due is a mystery)

A very shoddy way to treat your early customers when we know cars with these seats have been whistling out of the door from BW9 onwards - it is now BW14 - the Type 2 model Karoq (Model Year 19) starts down the line BW22 - so adding in delivery time, and Skoda's glacial pace, we will be very lucky to get our cars before the new model starts production

The delivery times have been a disaster. 

No further updates on ours (ordered Jan 13th Edition model, seats were the cause of delay too) other than we know it’s built now.

I contacted Skoda UK yesterday just to voice some disappointment - no response yet. 

13 minutes ago, sexdrugskaroqnroll said:

The delivery times have been a disaster. 

No further updates on ours (ordered Jan 13th Edition model, seats were the cause of delay too) other than we know it’s built now.

I contacted Skoda UK yesterday just to voice some disappointment - no response yet. 

If it’s same as mine it’s still on it’s way to the port as from last Wed, must be really slow trains probably run by BR.

13 hours ago, Karman said:

If it’s same as mine it’s still on it’s way to the port as from last Wed, must be really slow trains probably run by BR.

I was told Tuesday (3/4/18) that mine was on its way to Emden. Today they told me it has been at Emden since 3/4/18 - I assume late in the day, so already been waiting two days. Skoda chat told me it could be there 4-7 days. Skoda chat could not tell me what ship it would be on (for tracking purposes).

18 minutes ago, Karman said:

Just out of interest how long did others wait at Emden Port, before shipping over?

So based on the above, I'm also very interested in this! ;)

Edited by Luckypants

1 hour ago, Karman said:

Just out of interest how long did others wait at Emden Port, before shipping over?

58 minutes ago, Luckypants said:

I was told Tuesday (3/4/18) that mine was on its way to Emden. Today they told me it has been at Emden since 3/4/18 - I assume late in the day, so already been waiting two days. Skoda chat told me it could be there 4-7 days. Skoda chat could not tell me what ship it would be on (for tracking purposes).

So based on the above, I'm also very interested in this! ;)

15 minutes ago, Cambron said:

Today I was advised no change since Tuesday ie Car is in Emden Authorised for shipping

Check out this thread from the Kodiaq forum that details time at Emden etc https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/447818-time-from-emden/

1 hour ago, Karman said:

From memory a couple of days then over a week at Port of Tyne where yours will be heading to some time soon.....hopefully.

After the optimism of early March when a delivery date of the end of March was being promised, things have gone ominously quiet this week. No updates from my dealer and a message to Skoda asking for any information on my car's location resulted in an email with Paloma Faith's advert and no information on my car. I'm beginning to think that the original estimated delivery date of 3 May, which I got on 2 February may have been right. Just how long does it take to deliver a completed car????

Just been told my black SEL 1.5TSI with leather seats, spare and family pack is built and on its way but not sure where it is at present ! Was BW15, then BW22, now seems was made in BW14.

Hopefully this is correct and it isn't the "cheques in the post" as i'm really looking forward to collecting it sooner rather than later.

Skoda make great cars but seem to fall down on the 7 Ps  when it comes to information and customer service

7Ps = Proper preparation and planning prevents P... poor performance.

• Like 1

Just rung the dealer who tells me the car is status 40,which means it is in the UK, either at Sheerness or Grimsby. Delivery to the dealer should take place later next week and I should have the car within 10 days, much to the relief of my wife who wants her car back.

Karman, TheRoq and others - had an email from my dealer today saying that Skoda UK have sent out a letter with an apology and a gesture of goodwill (he said he does not know 'how much this is') so will update when this arrives.  Anyone else had any similar news?

9 minutes ago, sexdrugskaroqnroll said:

Karman, TheRoq and others - had an email from my dealer today saying that Skoda UK have sent out a letter with an apology and a gesture of goodwill (he said he does not know 'how much this is') so will update when this arrives.  Anyone else had any similar news?

I haven’t been told anything like that by Skoda UK, had a call this afternoon off my dealer though, and it’s been released for exit at the port, so I am hoping very soon it will catch the boat.

4 hours ago, Karman said:

I haven’t been told anything like that by Skoda UK, had a call this afternoon off my dealer though, and it’s been released for exit at the port, so I am hoping very soon it will catch the boat.

Will be sure to let you know what we get in the post.

I don’t know if our dealer instigated it - he may well done on the basis he knew we weren’t too impressed. 

Bag of Tesco's doughnuts.................... 4 for a quid.  :D

You want Jam, chocolate or custard ones???  B)

• Like 1

Just read an article on google news that VAG have cancelled any contracts with a company that makes their seat frames and covers, plus they make other various parts other than for seats, after a long association with said company. So I wonder if during a transition to another company as caused our seatgate.

Edited by Karman

Well let’s all hope VAG have already got a contract with another supplier, who can hit the ground running, producing the required products, in the required quantity & to the required quality!

22 hours ago, Karman said:

Karman, mine has been in the port for close to 1.5 weeks and now on a ship to U.K. Apparently prioritising the car due to existing delay would be realistically possible only after it arrives UK it seems.

11 hours ago, Karman said:

Just read an article on google news that VAG have cancelled any contracts with a company that makes their seat frames and covers

Looks like you are right -  here is an article on it posted yesterday:  VW cancels all contracts with rebel supplier

The timing might explain a few things... "Prevent said long-term contracts with VW were canceled without the required notice on March 21 and the automaker refused to accept any of its parts as of March 22 "

1 hour ago, Eagerforupdate said:

Karman, mine has been in the port for close to 1.5 weeks and now on a ship to U.K. Apparently prioritising the car due to existing delay would be realistically possible only after it arrives UK it seems.

Mine to has been stuck at the port of exit too for 1.5 weeks, as soon you said yours was finished I got on to them and mine was finished the same time, I also asked about it being made a priority which she said could only be done once in the UK.

8 minutes ago, TheRobinK said:

Looks like you are right -  here is an article on it posted yesterday:  VW cancels all contracts with rebel supplier

The timing might explain a few things... "Prevent said long-term contracts with VW were canceled without the required notice on March 21 and the automaker refused to accept any of its parts as of March 22 "

Didn't the first mentions of seat issues pre-date that?

It's clearly more than a KFC situation. Sounds to me like a breakdown in trust and lack of shared objectives. Indeed, what can happen when one party thinks they have the upper hand :sadsmile:

I would have thought they would be winding one supplier down while they build the new one up, proberly a small hiccup during transition, and that’s why it may have taken so long in getting the missing seats.

14 minutes ago, Karman said:

I would have thought they would be winding one supplier down while they build the new one up, proberly a small hiccup during transition, and that’s why it may have taken so long in getting the missing seats.

You'd think so. But if the report is accurate, it's all gone t*ts up very quickly.

Edited by Michael G
sp