Delivery times

cjrp

5 hours ago, Michael G said:

Didn't the first mentions of seat issues pre-date that?

Yes, they did. But keep in mind that there was a huge row with this specific supplier in 2016 when VAG ended up putting thousands of workers on "short time".

There were quality issues reported by Kodiak owners before the current Karoq seatgate (leather and alcantara seams popping out etc) so I suspect that this was brewing for some time before March 21st...

4 hours ago, Karman said:

I would have thought they would be winding one supplier down while they build the new one up, proberly a small hiccup during transition, and that’s why it may have taken so long in getting the missing seats.

I'd be betting you are right. 

If I was one of the delayed owners here - I'd also look very carefully at my new Karoqs seats and check the quality is right and the colours match!

If the delay was taking money out of my wallet - I'd also be roaring at Skoda/VAG to make good - it appears they terminated the supplier voluntarily.

On my 2014 Yeti I had to have the drivers leather seat replaced, just sagged and partially collapsed.  No issue or discussion just changed th defective part.

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 22:28, SkinflintJohn said:

Those of you suffering from build week 8 delays have my sympathies. I ordered in January, got build week 9 assigned. I picked it up today. It is 1.5 tsi SE L dsg. I got 43 mpg over a 60 mile drive but not pushing things. I can only endorsed others who say they are very pleased. Still to get used to the plethora of toys. It is a vast improvement over my 1.2 Exe Yeti.

by the way it is skinflint blus. I like it as does the boss.

pictures to follow if / when it stops raining.

Do you reckon Skoda will add Tightwad red as a paint option!

:D

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 22:28, SkinflintJohn said:

Those of you suffering from build week 8 delays have my sympathies. I ordered in January, got build week 9 assigned. I picked it up today. It is 1.5 tsi SE L dsg. I got 43 mpg over a 60 mile drive but not pushing things. I can only endorsed others who say they are very pleased. Still to get used to the plethora of toys. It is a vast improvement over my 1.2 Exe Yeti.

by the way it is skinflint blus. I like it as does the boss.

pictures to follow if / when it stops raining.

Ordered my Karoq Edition 1.5 DSG in Petrol Blue c/w Canton sound system, Assistance Package, Heated front screen, Light Assist on Monday 26/03/18. Delivery date provided by dealer 4 months I.e end of July. Still waiting for dealer to provide order number & Build Week number from Skoda. The price of asking for extras. Any one care to suggest when I might get hold of my new toy?

I also ordered a Petrol Blue 1.5 DSG SEL at end of Feb with no options. Dealer emailed last week to say build would be week commencing April 30 (whatever number week that is)  for delivery early June. So I guess a July delivery for an order one month later sounds about right.

2 hours ago, Lincolnlad said:

I also ordered a Petrol Blue 1.5 DSG SEL at end of Feb with no options. Dealer emailed last week to say build would be week commencing April 30 (whatever number week that is)  for delivery early June. So I guess a July delivery for an order one month later sounds about right.

Think that w/c April 30 is BW18. My order was accepted in the factory on 8th Feb with a BW of 19 with delivery early to mid-June. Mine is 1.5 TSi DSG SE L with ACC and warm wheel. 

Nice one Karman. 

Had a look at google earth for Emden and the ports in Grimsby and Newcastle. What a massive operation it is. Then looked a Bremerhaven. Even bigger. Parking for 10 car transporter ships and 95,000 cars!

Kind of understand why shipping takes so long at either end. 

Apparently my car finally has its seats after sitting at the factory for nearly 7 weeks.
They were just in time calling me, I was at a VW dealer yesterday looking at an R Line Tiguan.
No good news today would have seen me cancelling the Karoq order.

They wont give in on giving me a courtesy car though so looks like I'll be cycling to work for the next few weeks.
Lets hope the weather dries up!

I am very pleased that at least one of the rumoured 360 abandoned Karoqs has now got seats

Skoda UK "still know nothing" about my car - it has now sitting outside for longer than the time it took from order to  99% assembly.

The Tiguan and Volvo XC40 are looking more attractive every day

• Like 1

Mine was ordered on the Friday of the launch weekend so probably one of the first.

Six weeks to be built and another 6 weeks waiting for one part.

First in last out by the look of it.

Hopefully everyones will now be leaving.

17 hours ago, Karman said:

Finally mines on it’s way to good old Blighty, or after looking at the shipping logs it already arrived! Yesssss!:emoticon-0157-sun: , nearly party time.

`How did you find out about which ship it was on?

I got another message from the dealer today to say the car is now in the country and will be delivered to the dealer in 10- 12 day’s time. Then I have to wait several more days until it is ready for me. On Friday I was told the car was already in the UK and would be ready for me in 10 day’s time., so it’s slipping back again. It is now a month since I was told I should get the car at the end of March and now it is likely to be the end of April, barring further delays. Considering that I was told the car had been built in the first week of March it will have taken nearly 2 months to get from the factory to the customer.

I was originally given a delivery date of 3 May when I ordered the car at the beginning of February, so compared to you guys caught up in seatgate I must count myself lucky, but it’s just so annoying when your hopes are raised for an earlier delivery, only to find that the date has become very elastic. If the car should be ready in the last week of April, the dealer can keep it until the beginning of May, as there is no way I am going to pay the full price for a year’s road tax to  get 11 months and a couple of days. They can wait for their money too!

17 minutes ago, Petroldsg said:

Is your vehicle a standard trim with no extras, or what?

Standard SE energy blue. With options satnav, heated front seats, colour m f display, familypack, travel assist, tow bar prep  

5 hours ago, Luckypants said:

`How did you find out about which ship it was on?

I asked live chat at Skoda UK, and they gave me the ship and number, which was city of Sunderland.

• Thanks 1

Skoda 92 and others.    Hope these dates work out for you  but beware.  I ordered mine on 19th JAnuary.  End of week 3.  Had to wait whilst my unconfirmed build week went back from week 11 to week 16.  16 was only confirmed last week. So should be next week but still not convinced. Mine is a 1.5 manual   Petrol blue  SEL. Only extras were heated screen and nozzles and electric tailgate.  13 weeks of nothing   Simply to get on to a build week and nothing from dealer.  Doing tracking myself.  Hope your experience is better than mine.  but don’t get too overjoyed too early !!!!

When i picked my Karoq up I asked my dealer when will he be able to pull a car off of the dockside/availability list for a customer, he said that is one year away he felt. 

I ordered on 29 December and picked it up on 28 March and it looks like these waiting times of 12 weeks or a little longer will be with us for quite a while yet.

14 hours ago, Karman said:

I asked live chat at Skoda UK, and they gave me the ship and number, which was city of Sunderland.

Live chat says mine is still stuck in Emden. Dealer told me last week that I'd get it this week :laugh:

22 minutes ago, Luckypants said:

Live chat says mine is still stuck in Emden. Dealer told me last week that I'd get it this week :laugh:

I think once it's on a ship, theres no further updates until the dealer contacts you.  My order says its still at Emden and Released for Shipping, but I know for a fact that its on the way to the UK on a ship as the dealer has notified me that it is.

Based on Karman's comment I specifically asked if it was on a ship. They said at Emden, but will be shipped this week. I've asked the dealer to check where it is and when it will be with them, but based on previous experience I'm not expecting a useful update from them.

26 minutes ago, hwr1983 said:

I think once it's on a ship, theres no further updates until the dealer contacts you.  My order says its still at Emden and Released for Shipping, but I know for a fact that its on the way to the UK on a ship as the dealer has notified me that it is.

When I contacted live chat they knew it was on the ship and even knew which ship and ships number, then I’ve recieved a call from Skoda UK to say it was dockside UK. I was able to track the ship from leaving Emden port

Edited by Karman
Extra information.