Delivery times

cjrp

9 minutes ago, Nicky_P said:

It's a 1.5tsi dsg edition, only extras are heated screen and scuff plates and a space saver spare wheel, pretty well kitted out as standard.

Also having the rear windows tinted further prior to collection on Saturday, prefer a darker tint.

Near enough the same as mine will be ;) 

The spec on the Edition is excellent isn't it. I was torn between the Karoq & VW Tiguan, but for the spec & price, there's no contest!

3 minutes ago, anna_banana said:

Near enough the same as mine will be ;) 

The spec on the Edition is excellent isn't it. I was torn between the Karoq & VW Tiguan, but for the spec & price, there's no contest!

We priced up the Tiguan too, it looks better but spec for spec the price of the Skoda was a no brainer.

The Karoq is for my wife and she's over the moon with the spec coming from a Nissan Juke.

Think I may be borrowing the Karoq a lot more than I did the Juke ;)

When's yours due?

2 minutes ago, Nicky_P said:

We priced up the Tiguan too, it looks better but spec for spec the price of the Skoda was a no brainer.

The Karoq is for my wife and she's over the moon with the spec coming from a Nissan Juke.

Think I may be borrowing the Karoq a lot more than I did the Juke ;)

When's yours due?

Should get it in May sometime (hopefully). Got unconfirmed BW15, brought forward from 18. 

Can I ask, are the wheel arch trims an option, or do they come as standard on the Edition?

5 minutes ago, anna_banana said:

Should get it in May sometime (hopefully). Got unconfirmed BW15, brought forward from 18. 

Can I ask, are the wheel arch trims an option, or do they come as standard on the Edition?

The trims are only available on the 1.5tsi editions I think, but don't quote me on that :tongue:

54 minutes ago, Nicky_P said:

Did you go in person for an update?

As a guide to you I think it took 12 days from finally getting it's rear seats fitted to arriving at the dealers, out of which It spent 9 days in Port of Tyne compound.

Yes, I spoke to the sales advisor who contacted Skoda uk, there is about 360 cars waiting still In a compound all waiting seats.

Exactly 2 weeks ago I was advised that my car would be here at the end of March and today I was told that it should now be here by the second week of April. I hope this isn't to be followed by further delays.

Still, I now at least have some Karoq rubber mats for the front , which took an impressive 24 hours from order placed to receipt from Plymouth Skoda. I tend to get a lot of mud and stone chippings in my cars when I go fishing and these mats look just the job. They have a half inch raised edge which should help to stop rubbish getting onto the carpet below.  I had rubber mats in my Superb, but these didn't have raised edges and only partially protected the carpets. 

17 minutes ago, Tenchfisher said:

...I now at least have some Karoq rubber mats for the front , which took an impressive 24 hours from order placed to receipt from Plymouth Skoda. I tend to get a lot of mud and stone chippings in my cars when I go fishing and these mats look just the job. They have a half inch raised edge which should help to stop rubbish getting onto the carpet below.  I had rubber mats in my Superb, but these didn't have raised edges and only partially protected the carpets. 

I got the rears from them. Same 1 day delivery via DPD. After a week in a warm room they've finally gone flat, having been rolled for transit tighter than a gnat's ring. Will do the job when we've got Trouble and Doubletrouble (aka grandkids) in the back. For more civilised use, our sales dealer is putting in a set of carpet mats.

Also used the Offers page here to order a boot mat. Should be despatched Thurs but with easter will be next week. 24% off the list :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Karman said:

Yes, I spoke to the sales advisor who contacted Skoda uk, there is about 360 cars waiting still In a compound all waiting seats.

Thats a lot of seats to find considering its three a car with the vario flex. 

So bored of waiting for a delivery date now. 

5 minutes ago, dcdamo71 said:

My new toy! Picked up this afternoon! Absolutely delighted! 688C0E4C-E3A4-43D7-9A0B-F7C45632C971.thumb.jpeg.7129f55a8eb09ad26f1d2494a95cb77e.jpeg

Lovely!

You're 2 characters away from me on the reg number so hopefully I'll be next!!

Edited by olly_shaw

33 minutes ago, dcdamo71 said:

My new toy! Picked up this afternoon! Absolutely delighted! 688C0E4C-E3A4-43D7-9A0B-F7C45632C971.thumb.jpeg.7129f55a8eb09ad26f1d2494a95cb77e.jpeg

C24136B1-8D3D-4F6A-BB89-55DE60D5FBE4.jpeg

You DO know that nobody likes you anymore :D

• Haha 1

Dcdamo 71.  Good pictures. Glad to see petrol blue karoqs do exist at some point.  My dealer said unconfirmed build week 13. Then 14. Then 15.  Now update from Skoda.  Confirmed receipt of order on 19th jan. but now put back to unconfirmed week 16.

am I heading for some kind of record.  A karoq that only goes backwards. And the longest waiting time ????????

Hello there, long time reader, first time poster.

We ordered our Karoq on the 18th March.  We went for the Edition 1.5 petrol in Petrol Blue.  We only added heated washers and windscreen.

We ordered from Skoda Milton Keynes and was told it would take about 12 weeks from order.  We were contacted by the salesman yesterday and he informed us that production should be finished by the end of April and that's when it will leave the factory.  He went so say that he thinks delivery of the car will be brought forward.

I'm a little confused by the issues people have been experiencing, and I'm not sure whether they are isolated incidences or whether the problem is more widespread?  I've no reason to doubt the salesman at this stage.

2 minutes ago, sb-random said:

We ordered our Karoq on the 18th March.  We went for the Edition 1.5 petrol in Petrol Blue.  We only added heated washers and windscreen.

We ordered from Skoda Milton Keynes and was told it would take about 12 weeks from order.  We were contacted by the salesman yesterday and he informed us that production should be finished by the end of April and that's when it will leave the factory.  He went so say that he thinks delivery of the car will be brought forward.

I'm a little confused by the issues people have been experiencing, and I'm not sure whether they are isolated incidences or whether the problem is more widespread?  I've no reason to doubt the salesman at this stage.

It was just a few cars that were built in week 8 and 9 that were missing their back seats.

Unfortunately one of those was mine and I still dont know when it will arrive.

Five weeks late and counting....

Current production doesnt seem to have any problems.

Just now, TheRoq said:

It was just a few cars that were built in week 8 and 9 that were missing their back seats.

Unfortunately one of those was mine and I still dont know when it will arrive.

Five weeks late and counting....

Current production doesnt seem to have any problems.

Oh crumbs, that is a pickle.

I can only imagine how frustrating that must be.  Fingers crossed that it all gets sorted soon.  It does seem odd that the car went through the assembly line missing seats, you'd think someone would notice that. 

2 minutes ago, Karman said:

We have to wait until spare seats become available.

Hey Karman, sorry to hear you still have to wait. Mine finally arrived in the UK on Monday after waiting a week in the exit port, but I now have to wait until a week on Thursday for the transporter to take it to the dealer, even with priority delivery flagged.  

3 minutes ago, Karman said:

We have to wait until spare seats become available.

No news on yours either then Karman?

I'm supposed to be getting an update from Skoda tomorrow.

Hopefully its good news

28 minutes ago, sb-random said:

Hi

I also ordered mine from Milton Keynes on 18th Feb. The salesman told me 12 weeks, but has never given me a build week (probably because they are only ever unconfirmed until about a week before the build starts).  He phones me every week and, and every week tells me that nothing is confirmed but the 12 weeks should still be right!!? 

I did however contact Skoda via email and by the online chat, worryingly they both gave me different order numbers, one quoting an unconfirmed BW16 and one BW20, now I'm totally confused!