Delivery times

cjrp

23 minutes ago, Kainey54 said:

Hi, I'm a newbie  here, first post.

I ordered my Karoq on March 13th. 1.5 TSG SEL in Moon White with heated windscreen.

The dealer told me yesterday that it's scheduled to be built in week 21, which I make w/c 21st of May.

I'm going on holiday to France in mid-June, and would obviously love to have the new car to go away in, but I reckon it's going to be touch and go. What's the typical time between build and customer delivery?

Hey Kainey

We picked ours up on Friday, 9 weeks after order. The dealer told us orders to handover are now running at 4 months+. It does seem to depend on spec ordered and dealer. Some seem to get through quicker than others.

Skoda UK don't seem to have an official tracking app, unlike other brands in VAG. Keep onto your dealer for updates; others here will give you a number for SUK CS too.

Hope you get it for France. Our previous Yetis took us down to the Dordogne and across to Como fully loaded very comfortable, and they were 1.2s. Your Karoq will take it in its stride. Just don't thrash it whilst it's running in.

Enjoy :thumbup:

Ordered my Karoq Edition 1.5DSG in Petrol Blue + Canton sound system, heated front screen, Light assist & Assistance pack. The cost of all the extras is 4 months wait for delivery. Only ordered last week, yet to get a build date. Let’s hope it’s worth it!

On 01/04/2018 at 01:05, Karman said:

Thanks eagerforupdate its been along stressful time for us and will be till I get the keys I suppose.

True Karman. I was told three or four ships were supposed to leave to U.K. Easter weekend... hopefully ours are loaded in them. Fingers crossed 

26 minutes ago, Eagerforupdate said:

True Karman. I was told three or four ships were supposed to leave to U.K. Easter weekend... hopefully ours are loaded in them. Fingers crossed 

I didn’t know about the four ships leaving for the UK, so let’s hope ours are on them, and one good thing getting them later is that hopefully the really bad weather is over and by the time we get ours so we can enjoy them better.

Edited by Karman

On 09/03/2018 at 16:32, Arkaig said:

Threatened unlimited strike action at the Czech plants, should it happen, certainly won't help delivery times:

https://www.kfz-betrieb.vogel.de/drohender-streik-koennte-lieferzeiten-bei-skoda-erhoehen-a-689056/

It seems potential strike action at Czech plants is getting ever closer - this Union report for the workforce at the Mladá Boleslav factory from last Thursday refers: http://www.odborykovomb.cz/stavka-stavka-stavka/d-4725/p1=1008

Simply not clever

Edited by Arkaig

On 29/03/2018 at 22:08, PETE31SUE said:

OldKarok.   Yep. It is. Just very frustrating.  Still have my trade in car. Dealer says he will still honour trade in price. He had better or there really will be trouble. Neither dealer nor Skoda chat line can explain why build week keeps moving backwards.  Week 13 to week 16. Now. But still unconfirmed.  Only added heated windscreen and nozzles. So not exceptional to build.My dealer only responds to my contacts. They never contacted me. 1st time Skoda purchase. Will almost certainly be the last !!!!!

Have you heard any more? My SE L dsg  is now at Embden, Germany awaiting journey to Grimsby. It was built on schedule last week, Wk 13.

Old Karoq.  Thanks for the continuing concern and pleased for you that your car is built and on its way.total silence for me i’m afraid still no further news other than unconfirmed build week 16.Even more frustrating when you read on here about cars ordered in February and now being delivered.Skoda did confirm that factory accepted order on 19th Jan. the day I ordered it. But since then it has gone down a big black hole.

Anticipation and excitement about a new car have long since disappeared,which is very unusual for me.  getting to stage of not really caring if it arrives or not!!!!!

Sorry for negativity.  Enjoy yours when it eventually arrives.

2 hours ago, Arkaig said:

It seems potential strike action at Czech plants is getting ever closer - this Union report for the workforce at the Mladá Boleslav factory from last Thursday refers: http://www.odborykovomb.cz/stavka-stavka-stavka/d-4725/p1=1008

Simply not clever

As Mrs Brown would say "that's nice"

• Haha 1

@Pete31Sue  Truly sorry. Cant believe it, we ordered on the SAME DAY! Very similar spec, 1.5 Tsi SE L + heated windscreen. Cant remember if you specified DSG or not, (should make no difference anyway) but its near identical.

Have you tried the Skoda Web Chat thingy? My dealer yet to get in contact about anything but will reply when pushed, hence my repeated use of the Chat.

No build week yet? Its Build Wk 14 now. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/28/2018 at 16:30, Luckypants said:

Well my build week is meant to be this week and the salesman tells me it is STILL unconfirmed. :wondering: Everything seems so uncertain with Skoda, leading to customer nervousness. I'm already speaking to brokers about alternatives if it all goes south. 

Well my dealer is still telling me that my build week is unconfirmed, so I tried the Skoda web-chat. They have told me the car is built and en-route to Emden for transportation to the UK!

Woop! Hopefully the dealer can confirm tomorrow.

Just got my Karoq last week -- it was build week 8 -- transport was ordered on March 12th but the "beast" I gather played a bit of havoc so I did not get it until 28th. 

SE L -- Feels bit like starship enterprise after my poor old yeti !!

• Like 1

Ordered my 1.5 TSI SE L on 11 Jan 2018 with expectation of March delivery to avoid MOT and Tax for my trade in.

After much confusion and stories of seat delays and engine corrections dealer admitted delays and impounded my trade in in return for a courtesy car.

Having obtained my eight digit order no from my dealer Skoda Live Chat are willing to talk to me and say my car is now at Emden Port  'Authorised for Release'.

Emden port web site shows a ship transporting cars to Grimsby leaves today.3 days shipping and max 10 days in port then transport to dealer so should have car  by end April if I'm lucky.

Seems hopelessly poor on customer care in this day and age.

Those of you suffering from build week 8 delays have my sympathies. I ordered in January, got build week 9 assigned. I picked it up today. It is 1.5 tsi SE L dsg. I got 43 mpg over a 60 mile drive but not pushing things. I can only endorsed others who say they are very pleased. Still to get used to the plethora of toys. It is a vast improvement over my 1.2 Exe Yeti.

by the way it is skinflint blus. I like it as does the boss.

pictures to follow if / when it stops raining.

• Like 1

I was caught up in the seatgate affair, but it’s built now and is at Emden docks waiting transport to port of Tyne, I was hoping to get mine for Easter week now looks like the middle of the month if I’m lucky.

I ordered my 1.5 SE L in the last days of December 2017 and I think the quote was about 16 weeks.  I was given build week 8 which turned out to be exactly right and it was in the UK by early March. 

The skoda chat side were very good and could always get an update on my order from them. Took 3 weeks from dockside to dealer largely due to bad weather. So from factory to receiving the 

car I think time was about 4 weeks. 

I ordered 17th March, still no build date. Not even heard from the dealer since I ordered.

Was told to check again in 3 weeks time

for a build date from Skoda UK. 

With a strike sounding more likely, this will only push back the build. 

Just seemed when when I ordered from

Vw the customer care from the dealer was much more refined and was always in contact, even sent me videos of the order being processed etc etc. Funny enough the Skoda dealer I have ordered from is part of the same group who delt with my VW order. 

Maybe im just impatient  :sweat:

20 hours ago, Luckypants said:

Woop! Hopefully the dealer can confirm tomorrow.

The dealer confirmed its on its way to the UK, stated "on course for 2nd/3rd week April"! Possibly at the dealer next week seems unlikely but fingers crossed! I'll have to pull finger out to get rid of current car and insure the new one if that's the case.

I got one of those funny video things that say mine should be with the dealer on or around the 10th. So that’s about two weeks since it landed UK side. I hope it doesn’t take long to get it PDI’d once they get it and give me my car.  :-)

Mine arrived on the Friday and they said I could have it on the Tuesday afternoon if I wanted it and bearing in mind the service side of things probably were not working at the weekend !!

So good to hear about everyone getting their cars.

Skoda confirmed today that mine is still waiting for seats 6 weeks after it was built.

I’ve told them I’ll need a courtesy car as of next weekend as my old car will be sold.

Its so frustrating. I’d rather they hadnt built the car than knowing its sat around waiting for one part.

This whole situation has taken the excitement out of receiving it.

Can I just ask to those caught up in the BW8 seats fiasco.

What date did you order your car and were they black leather varioflex?

I've got another call with Skoda tomorrow and need some ammunition.

Mine was ordered on the 12th January on the understanding it would be here by the end of March.

Its now coming up to 3 months.

Is anyone else still waiting for seats?

Old Karoq, TheRoq

as fellow long sufferers  you have my understanding .  Ordered 1.5 SEL on 19th January   order accepted by factory on same day.

My build week  unconfirmed has gone backwards from  week11- week 16.

Spoke to Skoda online chat this morning and status has now been changed to confirmed build week 16, the 16th April.  Could still go wrong given past events so no celebrations as yet.

For those like Nemutai,  with an order on 7th March  and provisional build week of 20 , learn from our experiences    or you may just be a lucky one!!! 

Hi TheRoq, Ordered mine on the 13th of Jan during the launch weekend they had, got a build week 9, was built on the Friday of that week, except we had seatgate fiasco, then it was supposedly finished last Wed, still showing transport to Emden.

Hope that helps. My argument with them was of us being invited to the launch and taking the effort to go, ordering there and then, only to have to wait for the finish build while others have ordered after me and recieved their vehicle. Plus poor customer relations and communication.

But yes black leather vario flex seats.

@pete31sue  Yea! A confirmed build week of 16 is good! When I got to that point, the build happened. Its the week after next. 

Looks like it was the black leather various flex seats that was the problem? My karoq has the alacantara or whatever they are called.