Mudflaps

Afternoon Everyone,

After being quoted £180 from my local Skoda dealer to fit a full set of mudflaps to my superb, I decided to look elsewhere. 

Ive noticed they are on Super Skoda for a fraction of the price. Has anyone experienced ordering parts through them ? Are they genuine parts - any issues with customer service etc? 

Thanks, 

Dave. 

They look fine on my Magnetic Brown 280 Hatch, also sourced from Superskoda as a gift for me and fitted by the dealer as part of the purchase package :biggrin:

44 minutes ago, xman said:

I wonder if they add anything to the aerodynamic drag?

On a 280 I'm sure that its not worth worrying about :D

• Haha 2

When I bought my car, I managed to agree with the dealer to get a set of mudflaps fitted at no extra charge as part of the deal.  I've always had mudflaps on my cars to protect them as much as possible from stones and dirt being thrown up from the wheels.  I always go for the manufacturer's flaps as I find they fit better than aftermarket ones.

I used to be happy to fit them myself, but my knees are not very good now and it's difficult for me to drop down on the ground and even more difficult to get back up again!

Excellent step by step guide by @dubzter. Got my flaps from Superskoda and followed his guide. I'm an idiot when it comes to doing anything with cars, but I managed to put them on in about 30 mins.

• 1 month later...
On 2/16/2018 at 09:53, Penpusher said:

When I bought my car, I managed to agree with the dealer to get a set of mudflaps fitted at no extra charge as part of the deal.  I've always had mudflaps on my cars to protect them as much as possible from stones and dirt being thrown up from the wheels.  I always go for the manufacturer's flaps as I find they fit better than aftermarket ones.

I used to be happy to fit them myself, but my knees are not very good now and it's difficult for me to drop down on the ground and even more difficult to get back up again!

Unfortunately, I know the feeling well :sadsmile:

• Like 1

I got mine via Ebay. Sorry cant remember the seller but £15ish for front and back. They came via China and obviously a copy but look fine, fitted spot on but took about 3 weeks to arrive.

+1 on the £15 Ebay specials here. Well happy with mine.

Super easy to fit. Look and function exactly as genuine factory but at a fraction of the price. Why on earth wouldn't you?