This is further to my piece on poor Skoda dealer  warranties The dealer in question is Mitchell Skoda near Chester. I have spent a good part of today in email contact with Richard Macklin, Skoda brand manager. I was given incorrect and downright contradictory information by one of the sales team, Ben Walker by name on Friday evening last. I was told that the warranty process had to be authorised by Skoda and a positive result could not be guaranteed.  No time spans were given at all, Mitchell did not make the decision, the warranty company did. Less than 24 hours later the same member of staff emailed to say that I could bypass the whole claims  process by phoning  the  service department and it could all be arranged and the fault sorted at no cost to me at all. "The process" could now  be completely bypassed. This was a direct contradiction of course. That may sound like good news but it wasnt.. Acting on what I  was initially  told I needed the fault fixing speedily and  the claims process could have dragged on for ages due to no information on time taken to authorisation and the job completed very   so I was forced to contact my usual independent garage. I do mean forced.  I only had one speed working on the fan and the weather here has been atrocious and is still very  bad and  I needed a fully working fan to give me good visibility as I have several medical appointments this week and needed a car; the bus service is very poor here. It would be downright dangerous as it is and if the one remaining speed failed I couldnt have got out by car at all. I got a booking at very short notice and they were great, even juggling appointments around to fit me in. You might think that being given such contradictory advice ( as proven by the emails) by  a company representative would mean something to Mitchell: wrong.! They had the gall to suggest cancelling the appointment at the indie and to hell with any loss the garage might have incurred even though they had pulled out all the stops to help me, including ordering special parts.  I tried getting the other person involved, Ben Walker to acknowledge what his actions had caused but he apparently thinks he  has been insulted. You couldnt make it up! There is no way I would cancel, they have been great to me over 13 years and  Richard Macklin has flatly  refused to reimburse me for  tormorrow`s bill even though their contradictory advice had directly caused this foul up. All he can go on and on about is " the process" and he has ignored all the evidence. I suspect they believe I cannot afford to hire a good solicitor to sue them and they are riding roughshod over all  my requests for fair treatment. This is from a company that makes a huge deal out of not opening on Sundays  due to religious convictions and poses as a moral company with a high regard  for customer service and satisfaction! My advice would be NOT TO GO NEAR THIS COMPANY. They will be bad for your financial health!  They will treat you like I have been treated, all style but no substance!

Might help if anyone reading knows what the issue is that you have.

Is there some post about a problem with your car someplace?

Got you.

Maybe giving the threads titles that refer to the subject will help.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/446057-ted-robertson 

This member bought a Skoda Warranty.

Buyer beware......

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/440772-nightmare-fabia-vrs-engine-replacement-needed

Looks like Mis-selling goes on, taking money under false pretences.

Edited by AwaoffSki
  • Like 1

I heard from Mitchell Skoda near Chester  today that they are refusing to reimburse me. My previous two threads refer. They have behaved throughout in a despicable manner and hgave refused to see what I was saying, whre I was coming from. They read what they wanted to read in order to justify their preconceived position.  I have had rubbish main dealers before and I expect I will again. I wont ever be going into their premises again thats for sure nor will I be having another Skoda. If anyone in the Wirral/ Chester area is even thinking of dealing with Mitchell Skoda my advice is: dont go near them.