Skoda Kodiaq Scout

Ordered!

Skoda Kodiaq Scout 1.4 TSI 150 4x4 5dr Manual 7 Seat

Any other Scout owners on here yet?

My deal...

5aad475537aa7_SkodaKodiaqScoutDeal.jpg.2f7371a25bb9de48a02878a148c62df1.jpg

5aad3e482234b_SkodaConfigurator(2).thumb.jpg.37755a95c14e6c3c0e2997a51bfb61c8.jpg

5aad3e4d6b924_SkodaConfigurator(1).thumb.jpg.645176f4ba1206b7bd2ffb2da4e0f2bf.jpg

5aad3e50bb41c_SkodaConfigurator(3).jpg.e03e3a72f1f5549640433ad68d648ae1.jpg

Quoted 12 weeks for delivery but given the tales of woe on here around the 1.4 TSI engine and alcantara seat shortages I think they're being optimistic!

Edited by silver1011
  • Like 3

Well done. Looks grand. And it seems to me you have acquired another £1000 off surreptitiously, if you are only borrowing £24880 after having paid only £5000 because the Fuel Card is not meant to be cash! So that's well done x 2...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, freedie said:

Well done. Looks grand. And it seems to me you have acquired another £1000 off surreptitiously, if you are only borrowing £24880 after having paid only £5000 because the Fuel Card is not meant to be cash! So that's well done x 2...

Good spot, you're right, the fuel card was kept off the finance calculation, the dealers contribution was higher than I realised.

Corrected in the opening post :thumbup:

• Like 1

This was the test drive car at Pulman Skoda in Durham, straight out of the showroom.

If anyone wants a Quartz grey one (no options) they were ready to do a deal!

20180309_120356.thumb.jpg.20cd968f81b846115a563f89fa679e45.jpg

20180309_120410.thumb.jpg.8f869ee3b7218a64fd54ed1802218413.jpg

I didn't buy from Pulman but they're a good team to deal with.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Good choice. 

I have picked up our scout plate January. We test drove the kodiaq during the dealer VIP event but the demo was a 1.4tsi sel auto, it drove well but felt slightly under powered and wanted to try the 2.0tsi, which is what we went for in the end. We bought one the dealer had and very happy with it 

image.jpeg

• Like 2

No, his words were "we'll sort them closer to delivery, but we'll do you a great deal and keep you right", this was on the proviso we ordered the car that day (why do salesmen want to close the deal right there and then!?).

The running boards are around £900 fitted and the mudflaps are £20 a pair so we'll see where I end up but I'll be sure to quote him come the time :D.

The plan is to use the £1,000 fuel card for them.

13 hours ago, Bignij said:

I'm still not convinced by the Power Rangers bling on the front. I think I need to see one in the flesh.

The fake aluminium guards are one of the main reasons we went for the Scout. I think the Kodiaq looks a bit dull in all the other specs (excluding the SportLine and L&K).

It comes to down to personal preference but I'm not a fan of non-painted black plastic, at least not in the quantity the Kodiaq has.

The fully colour-coded bumpers on the SportLine look much nicer but SUV's aren't meant to look sporty?

The L&K wasn't available when we ordered and would likely be too expensive, plus I don't want the digital display / dash.

This Scout will be our third (two previous Octavia Scouts), I think it strikes the perfect balance :thumbup:

• Like 2

22 hours ago, tonashp said:

Good choice. 

I have picked up our scout in January. We bought one the dealer had and very happy with it.

It looks great! Meteor grey is a brave choice and probably the most divisive colour Skoda do.

It does suit the Scout though.

Did your car come with any factory or dealer options?

37 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

The running boards are around £900 fitted and the mudflaps are £20 a pair so we'll see where I end up but I'll be sure to quote him come the time :D.

Would be interested to know what deal you end up with Silver:thumbup:

• Like 1

I'm spending far too much time on here so an update is guaranteed... :D

...as well as lots of pictures, especially on how they are fitted (see the side steps thread), some of the aftermarket / non-genuine steps have to have the plastic undertrays cut to shreds :o

Edited by silver1011
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, silver1011 said:

It looks great! Meteor grey is a brave choice and probably the most divisive colour Skoda do.

It does suit the Scout though.

Did your car come with any factory or dealer options?

We had a 66 plate octavia vrs in the same colour and loved it. It's nice to stand out from the crowd.

our scout was one of a couple of scout they had in, it was the right engine and spec we wanted. Would have like the heater screen and canton but this was a car we could have straight away and right spec and engine for us.

We have some nice options including,

sunroof

dcc

reverse camera

image.jpeg

That's a great spec, the panoramic sunroof was the one option I would have really liked but couldn't justify, you're very lucky.

Some other sensible options there too, the colour multifunction computer might not sound like a big deal but the basic version that comes as standard is... well really basic! I also believe the background of the screen matches the colour you select on the LED interior light pack too. The little things B)

Do you notice much difference with the different settings in DCC? Another pricey option you've done well to get. Wasn't sure if the extra ride height on the Scout would affect it.

Thank you.

When we test drove the kodiaq without the roof on a sel and found it too dark. Which we agreed either light interior or the sunroof was a must, again personal preference. 

It does change the on the colour display to your chosen colour, our is set to blue. The colour display does make a big difference on a 30k+ car which should be standard.

The DCC does make a difference it's ride. We have it set on comfort which driving the the new forest makes a huge difference. If you change into sport it get stiff and you feel steering weight up and gearbox goes into sport.

• Like 1

£29,880, but that was bad enough, it's not even mine!

I'm going to have to squeeze another 3 years / 90,000 miles out of the old Superb whilst the wife enjoys the Kodiaq for her 8 mile daily commute :speechless:

Just had a call from the dealer, my unconfirmed build week of week 16 (April 16th) has just turned to 'confirmed', something called 'status 20' in the system.

Seems they're knocking the Kodiaq's out at quite some speed. I ordered on the 13th March.

Mid May would seem possible for delivery to the dealer so that's approx 8 week lead-time from ordering to collection. Pretty quick.

I do feel sorry for our mainland European friends, the lead-times in Belgium and Germany are huge, somewhere around 6-8 months. Not sure why the UK gets priority, perhaps we're more likely to shop around if lead-times are excessively long?

I now need to finalise my dealer-fit accessory list so he can price them up and order them in!

Mine had a build week of 14 (this week) - Had a chat with the online Skoda team this morning - and they have confirmed it has been built and on it's way to the departure point - (Guessing that is Emden)

If things go smoothly - I reckon it could be here in about 4 weeks. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The end is nigh!

Picking it up on Friday. It's been at the dealers almost a month now so keen to get it home.

Cleared the £24,880 PCP the day after I signed the paperwork with zero interest incurred.

Just the £5,500 remainder of the deposit to pay now (£500 put down when I ordered).

What's the chances it's lashing it down with rain :D

• Like 2

Weather warning for tomorrow, sunshine on collection day and then heavy rain on Saturday.

At least it might stay new looking for 24 hours :D

Capture.JPG.36bb2e6f9c0f7a401ccce7fac75637d6.JPG

1 hour ago, silver1011 said:

She's arrived!

That's no "she".  That's definitely a bloke. Look under its skirts if you don't believe me. 

Seriously though - congratulations, its a great looking beast.  I'll be jealous until you post the first pics tomorrow , after you've driven in the rain....  ;)

• Like 1