Octavia MY19 facts and rumors

19 minutes ago, Nescafe1 said:

Hope you find this useful finally some info managed to get this today!

doc03662520180614105024.pdf

No exciting MY19 changes to the Octavia really but some info on VRS engine availability 

So the diesel VRS will return, but only in December? 

With regard to the petrol VRS interesting to see its definitely now going to be pretty much MY18 245 spec, but the single exhaust is a bit of a surprise. 

I wonder if a twin sports exhaust will be part of the "Challenge Plus Pack" talked about at Geneva?   

Or if MY18 245's with glossy roof bars and twin exhausts will become sought after?  

Oh and I want the new ice scraper so bad.

Edited by juan27

Just another thought, as the (petrol) VRS is now 245 as standard I wonder if the Challenge Plus pack will have a few more bhp?

2 hours ago, juan27 said:

With regard to the petrol VRS interesting to see its definitely now going to be pretty much MY18 245 spec, but the single exhaust is a bit of a surprise. 

I wonder if a twin sports exhaust will be part of the "Challenge Plus Pack" talked about at Geneva?   

Or if MY18 245's with glossy roof bars and twin exhausts will become sought after?  

Oh and I want the new ice scraper so bad.

I think the single exhaust refers to the fact that theres only one physical tailpipe, as per the diesel. Pretty sure the dummy trim will still be there

Just now, carrock said:

I think the single exhaust refers to the fact that theres only one physical tailpipe, as per the diesel. Pretty sure the dummy trim will still be there

Yes just all the petrol Mk3s so far have had real twin pipes I think? 

1 hour ago, juan27 said:

Yes just all the petrol Mk3s so far have had real twin pipes I think? 

Exhaust redesign possibly due to the GPF?

2 minutes ago, logiclee said:

Exhaust redesign possibly due to the GPF?

Good point well made.  That will be it. 

1 hour ago, SC03OTT said:

I think that’s the only part of the spec that bothers me is the single exhaust haha. 

Once you've had two pipes difficult to go back to one.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, juan27 said:

Just another thought, as the (petrol) VRS is now 245 as standard I wonder if the Challenge Plus pack will have a few more bhp?

Am sure when challenge plus was first talked about they said it was just cosmetic changes - maybe wrong but doubt there will be an upgraded engine

3 hours ago, juan27 said:

Once you've had two pipes difficult to go back to one.

I find it pretty much the same with women, going back to one is not the same when you've had two :D:thumbup:

8 hours ago, juan27 said:

Still TBC, kinda though VAG had said they would NOT be extending the range of models getting SCR (pig's ****)

Must be a shortage of pigs as VAG are most certainly taking the ****

I wonder whether the new particulate filter will have any effect on outputs or performance of the 1.0 TSI engines? I have one on order and really don't want my19 to be down on power compared to the car I drove prior to ordering

Hi everybody, I am new here, but I read from first comment everything.. my question is, that I ordered last week my rs diesel, what i found in some last comment and in the pdf, i have to wait until december for my car?? because now nobody can tell me nothing about when will arrive, only I found here some info about my19 changes and others..

Your dealer should be able to give you some info, from the info it looked like the TDI wouldnt be available to order until december. Orders for the vrs have been closed for some time so it may be a stock vehicle you’ve ordered which will mean very quick delivery. 

13 hours ago, cheezemonkhai said:

I don’t imagine any diesel without scr, will actually meet euro6 on the rde tests, or if it did it would be super expensive.

I imagine scr is the easier fix to the problem vs say a new or improved engine design.

be good if your in the market for a new diesel though,

with diesel cars being out of favour, mainly caused by all the government   bull$hit and people believing it  :sadsmile:

should be plenty  pre registered / discounted cars appearing at dealers in august  plus  no 6 month wait for delivery either  :biggrin:

there all euro 6 anyway, even without adblue, so cleaner than a nuns kn1ckers.

18 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Its gonna look cheap'n'nasty on a cold winters morning IMO

problems are all behind you though    :sadsmile:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 310golfr said:

there all euro 6 anyway, even without adblue, so cleaner than a nuns kn1ckers.

The difference with WLTP is that Euro 6 will be  bit cleaner on the road not just in the LAB.

Even so it will be 2023 before diesels will be as clean on the road as they were supposed to be in 2014.