Lane assist update

Hi guys. I have the vcds activated lane assist and wondered if I will ask from the dealer to update the lane assist (to lane guidance) will it work?

thank you

Over here in the UK, it is very unlikely that a dealer will do any changes with VCDS, but I do not know what the position is in Kosova.

Your best option is to find someone in your area with VCDS, though that may not be easy as there's no one on the map of members with VCDS near you.

40 minutes ago, Penpusher said:

Over here in the UK, it is very unlikely that a dealer will do any changes with VCDS, but I do not know what the position is in Kosova.

Your best option is to find someone in your area with VCDS, though that may not be easy as there's no one on the map of members with VCDS near you.

In fact, I already coded with VCDS and lane assist is working great. I know that there is an update for lane assist which upgrades the functionality to lane guidance and that the dealers can do that. However taking in consideration that i did not have initially the lane assist will the update work for me or will the dealer do an update for something that was not supposed to be enabled in my superb

Ah, sorry gony, I misunderstood your original question.  I'll have to leave it for someone else to answer as I have no idea if your dealer will do this.

The A5 camera. So if High Beam Assist and/or Traffic Sign Recognition is present in the car, you should be able to get Lane Assist activated.

On 3/26/2018 at 07:51, GaSelle said:

Guess that’s just coding. Activated Lane Assist on my MY16, and it has Lane Guidande too. 

How is that possible? I have already activated the lane assist, so how to activate lane guidance?

4 hours ago, GaSelle said:

As per JR RS’ picture you’re missing some coding. 

Is it possible to code lane assist with just the A5 camera? I was reading other forums and noticed you'd looked at doing the same

Yes. My Superb (which has just been handed back to the dealer, still waiting for the new one) came with High Beam Assist. I enabled Lane Assist using VCDS. Also tried to enable Road Sign Recognition, but since the car only had Bolero it threw an error each time it was started due to the missing navigation; so turned that off again. 

• Like 1

There is a guide in here somewhere. Think it’s in the ‘VCDS tried and tested’ thread. 

Edited by GaSelle

This works with ALG for MY17:

STG 17
Coding 
Byte 4, Bit 6 - Activate/Enable ( "Lane Departure Warning / Lane Assist Enable")
Byte 11, Bit 1 - Activate/Enable ( "Lane Departure Warning / Lane Assist Information BAP installed activate")

STG A5
Coding
Byte 16, Bit 7 - Activate/Enable

Security Access - 16
Enter security access key: 20103
Adaptation
-change (ADP Personalization BAP) (BAP personalization, not activated) from activated to not activated
-change (ADP-warning intensity lane departure warning) (Warning intensity;. lane depart warning, medium) by menu selection - Medium

STG F5
Adaptation
-change (ADP (49) -Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-LDW_HCA_0x19) from not activated to activated
-change (ADP (21) -Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_Lane_Departure_Warning) from not activated to activated
-change (ADP (23) -Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_Lane_Departure_Warning_over_threshold_high) from not activated to activated

STG 44
Enter security access key: 19249
Coding
Byte 3, Bit 0 - Activate/Enable ("Lane Assist installed")

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

Hello Members.

So its true that prerequisites for line assist is just installed A5 Cam for S3 or do you need some more special modules or HW ? ? i saw upper that in radio is also mentioned "blind spot monitor". It is installed in side mirrors ? These questions is not clear for me long time.

27 minutes ago, rrozbroj said:

i saw upper that in radio is also mentioned "blind spot monitor". It is installed in side mirrors ? 

The blind spot monitors r located inside the rear bumper, one on each side.

5b054ed4a033d_SummaryofComponents-LaneChangeAssist.thumb.JPG.6e76ac51b50d549770cfcfc527afcc14.JPG

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Did not found on other topics.

Any clue how to enable Adaptive Lane Guidance when Lane Assist is enabled with VCDS?

It is working great, but do not have ALG option in the menu, so no TJA also. 
I have DCC and it is DSG.

On 26/03/2018 at 13:46, GaSelle said:

The A5 camera. So if High Beam Assist and/or Traffic Sign Recognition is present in the car, you should be able to get Lane Assist activated.

Hi

I have high beam assist , radar camera and sat nav  but i do not have lane asist or traffic sign recognition, i also have adaptive cruise control. Should i have the other options in my car?? or can i get them added by VCD?

Edited by barts2

In the maxi dot display between the clocks i get an icon with 2 cars warning me i am too close to car in front but the car dose nothing if i get closer etc

25 minutes ago, barts2 said:

In the maxi dot display between the clocks i get an icon with 2 cars warning me i am too close to car in front but the car dose nothing if i get closer etc

It should if you're doing less than 8mph (I think)