CitiGo-Go - Reincarnated by Darkside - First TDi Citigo?

• Administrators

Yep, amazing.

I love the line, only 280hp. Given mine is only 210ish behind this must be mad out there :) Granted I only have a little NA 3pot in mine, the oil burner, diff, tranny, cage must be equal to another body :D

Brilliant though, well done... now to make it disappear into a line up of citigo's.

I'm guessing it will be road legal?

• Like 1

Well done guys for getting it finished.

Remember when Richard started it all those years ago and being asked if he wanted to take out the extended warranty when he bought it new!

• Like 1

Very well done in completing the project, albeit with a totally different engine than originally planned, but excellent work. Interesting with the AWD I was always curious about completing a 4x4 with a diesel based off the A3 model but a very lightweight car like the citigo will be great handling car that you’ve done

Edited by Skoda_Saint

On 3/31/2018 at 09:30, DarksideDevelopments said:

Guide me through the process if possible :)

Using such a new base vehicle, all the hard work is already done as all of the elements of the stock CItigo 'remainder' will already be up to scratch.

Because the monocoque has been cut, the car is essentially now a de-registered new amateur build under the Radically Altered Vehicle Rules. https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-registration/radically-altered-vehicles

So the next step would be to have a read through the Category M1 IVA Test Manual, https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/iva-manual-for-vehicle-category-m1 and once you are happy you've covered everything, book the Test at your local DVSA Centre.

You'll not be able to use your new purchased number plate, unfortunately. All newly registered Radically Altered Vehicles have to go on a Q-plate.

• Thanks 2

Savage job guys, 

All the pain and argument Mr Fox had have finally been brought to bear, if a different beast than what he had been aiming for.

It looks brilliant, and still pretty stock. 

The mk1 octy vrs spiders looks really great on it too :)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...