My Slightly Sportier Citigo Sport

Vitas

So as of today (as of making this thread) it marks exactly a year since i purchased this fine car. It didnt take long before i started fettling with it.  It's come a long way in a year, so here's to another.

April 1st 2017

HLUK4271.thumb.JPG.8c666c3098ae7a2afe734dd6ba11788a.JPG

IIOB9336.thumb.JPG.d13e5e09d13c565defc5ed8587f4a5f4.JPG

April 1st 2018

IMG_0738.thumb.JPG.dc886d657c0a1e730a3e26bfbbad2145.JPG

IMG_0736.thumb.JPG.51f2cc5832ffa6b0f727f8bcb8e2c634.JPG

Things done so far:

Lowered 40mm on H&R Springs

The Obligatory De-Badging

Light Modifications to the Air Intake

Things to do in the next year;

1. Remap
  2. Exhaust
  3. Lose the stripes on the bonnet and the roof
  4. Coilovers (of a decent quality
  5. New seats
  6. Strut bars
  7. Get the car Track Ready

Watch this space, More updates to come.

4101CD4E-0066-4CBE-991D-61D9032DA398.thumb.jpeg.5c9636deb74796d17d5e8bad8aae6d0b.jpeg

So the car now has a tow strap. I just seem to have an issue trying to attach it. Just wondering what the best way is to remove the absurd amounts of polystyrene. Also is there a way to drop the bumper off without removing the headlights?

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/04/2018 at 19:31, Vitas said:

4101CD4E-0066-4CBE-991D-61D9032DA398.thumb.jpeg.5c9636deb74796d17d5e8bad8aae6d0b.jpeg

So the car now has a tow strap. I just seem to have an issue trying to attach it. Just wondering what the best way is to remove the absurd amounts of polystyrene. Also is there a way to drop the bumper off without removing the headlights?

How is the tow strap attached inside. do you have any pics of it before fitting or the link to the one you bought? looking to do the same with mine.

It’s not actually attached inside as of yet. Due to the absurd amounts of polystyrene between the bumper it’s hard to get a flush fit. An M16 Left hand bolt is needed though. I believe @Hyphons has also done this so it may be worth asking him

15 minutes ago, Vitas said:

It’s not actually attached inside as of yet. Due to the absurd amounts of polystyrene between the bumper it’s hard to get a flush fit. An M16 Left hand bolt is needed though. I believe @Hyphons has also done this so it may be worth asking him

I hacked the bumper up :D this is one of those "no going back" deals, I had to trim the hole to sit the strap correctly 

Can I ask... whats the point of a tow strap like that?  Apart from it flapping around and scratching the paintwork and making awful noises?

Is it attached to the chassis to be actually useful?

Why keep it attached all the time and not just when required?

Is it one of those "boy racer" things?

1 hour ago, hwr1983 said:

Can I ask... whats the point of a tow strap like that?  Apart from it flapping around and scratching the paintwork and making awful noises?

I believe its just for aesthetics, i doubt you could actually use it but personally i quite like the look of it but each to their own if you think its a  racer thing.

3 hours ago, Vitas said:

I see so is the strap itself attached to an m16 bolt or have you just placed it in atm?

3 hours ago, Hyphons said:

I hacked the bumper up :D this is one of those "no going back" deals, I had to trim the hole to sit the strap correctly 

Where did you get your strap from @Hyphons because reading on your citigo 2.0 thread you later upgraded to a strap that fitted better and is that attached to a m16 bolt inside? 

21 minutes ago, ljstevenson1998 said:

I believe its just for aesthetics, i doubt you could actually use it but personally i quite like the look of it but each to their own if you think its a  racer thing.

I have no really opinion either way...genuinely didn’t know if it was just for show or whether it had a function :-)

Ive seen a few cars with straps at front and/or rear and was just unsure if they had function

6 hours ago, ljstevenson1998 said:

Where did you get your strap from @Hyphons because reading on your citigo 2.0 thread you later upgraded to a strap that fitted better and is that attached to a m16 bolt inside? 

McGill Motorsport, initially the one I bought was purely because it was the only "left handed" threaded tow strap I could find (but actually once it was received it came with a right hand to left hand thread adapter) later upgraded to the new one as I wanted a proper rated tow strap, this one is rated to 3000kg and using the adapter to fit :)

8 hours ago, hwr1983 said:

6 hours ago, hwr1983 said:

I have no really opinion either way...genuinely didn’t know if it was just for show or whether it had a function :-)

Ive seen a few cars with straps at front and/or rear and was just unsure if they had function

I use mine on track so for me it's functional, but I hope it never has to be used :D

On 01/05/2018 at 09:29, hwr1983 said:

It’s one of those aesthetic things really, I’d rather that than the towing eye sticking out of my bumper when it eventually sees a track. (Or when I blow the engine sky high)

• 4 weeks later...

Long Time, No Update.

Since my last update i have bought a new interior from @Hyphons which looks pretty good if i don't say so myself.

20180526_211719.thumb.jpg.42e974cf67a136db06d33a11402a9f29.jpg

20180526_211725.thumb.jpg.0d33f602e6d52adeae5eac195738a6f4.jpg

20180527_175152.thumb.jpg.b627a319af9d5cf7c551a174acf30e14.jpg

Seems to match the red stitching on the handbrake and gear gaitor pretty well.

Other than that, I've banished the Rear wiper from existance

20180523_210007.thumb.jpg.4bd90b7fddc07b41b6f224d1601f6c92.jpg

and De-Chromed the grille

20180523_202308.thumb.jpg.b70d570fe2dcdff1a35d244f770d6f47.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So, the car is finally on it's new coilovers, it's also had new brakes and some much better brake pads. I also got a new set of rims to go along with everything.

20180919_221931.thumb.jpg.7210b29862f856661ef3712fc2dc7af5.jpg

However this may be the final entry with me as the owner. Unfortunately, a bigger car is now a necessity for me now and it'll be sad to see it go.

So I took a long and hard think about my car and I came to the conclusion that I may as well keep it for the foreseeable future. There's still so much I want to do before I part ways with it

• 4 months later...

Unfortunately car is now sold, replaced with a 2017 up. Hopefully it ends up with someone on here with it going to auction. It's been a good ride over the last 22 months with the car. I'll get a Felicia pick up soon though.

On 12/02/2019 at 19:58, Vitas said:

Unfortunately car is now sold, replaced with a 2017 up. Hopefully it ends up with someone on here with it going to auction. It's been a good ride over the last 22 months with the car. I'll get a Felicia pick up soon though.

thought you needed a bigger car :D