Do people still do group buys ? Do you think numbers might allow for a Revo group buy if allowed?

Would you buy Revo if price dropped via a Groupbuy?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy Revo if price dropped via a Groupbuy?

• Yes
    • No I'd buy a DTUK instead

I was interested in getting a poll of numbers for a potential official group buy to be ran by admins in future.

Still playing with the idea, I would never buy one at its full RRP.

DTUK box a lot more favourable but less keen on the "magic box" alongside the car ( although I suppose its easy enough to remove if you were having problems).

I just read and found the section for Group buys so it would be something an admin created and managed there.

So I was just trying to help promote a poll on numbers that might have a potential interest so that someone in official position can organise a group buy proper IF ( and its a big IF) Revo would even be interested......But I guess you have to have a force of numbers before anyone can listen so can't hurt to get a poll right !

I guess I should have took opportnity of the Nov 25% lol

Edited by vRSAnt

I have ticked yes, but Revo do start out pretty pricey for Stage 1. £500 pus VAT I think. 

If there were another Shark group buy, that might be better value? 

I'll be going down the route in August (when my warranty expires).  Still undecided as to who to use, but a group buy discount could (very easily) sway me.

Gaz

• Like 1

Certainly plenty of interest by looks of the votes, so getting towards numbers of potential GB interest. Maybe even interest for DTUK boxes ? I hear they have app control via your mobile now. Though I'd rather have the direct ECU s/w controlling to be honest

I'd be happy with any reputable tuning company, probably keener to be one slightly more reserved backing off a bit or smoother control to reduce potential wear on components.

Of those with the tuning experience I think one of the bigger companies does have tendency to back off and do more sensible maps but can't remember who that was now ? Might have been someone mentioned this about Shark, don't know.

I think Shark are the company you are thinking about @vRSAnt . They don’t offer quite as much power as Revo, but have an excellent reputation on here for the quality of their work. 

I had BT fitted to my MkII vRS by Ben there. Top bloke & excellent service. 

I’d be up for a Shark map with a reasonable discount. 

• Like 1

So next step -

Anyone in a more admin capacity with connections to Revo or prepared to talk to them next maybe willing to see if they would be prepared to discount with up to about 10 interest ?

The 25% we missed in Nov would be nice :D I guess this would take it closer to DTUK price which I am sure would interest many.

I have had a DTUK box fitted to my 220 TFSI Octy VRS for the last 2 years and it's brilliant at what it does if the cars under warranty, however I don't think it's quite 100% like a proper live remap.
I ran Revo maps (Stage 1 and later Stage 2) on my Mk1 VRS and were faultless.

Anyone at Revo ? We have 16 hopefully all interested pending confirmation :)

Might try calling a dealer on Monday with this in mind, we should have at least 10 and have this organised in official group buys, but I was hoping someone a bit closer in contact with Revo dealers might take the bate to thread it or something.

I called JKM in Portsmouth today to book my car in for a REvo stage 1 - they didn't answer the phone, then I saw that they're closed on Saturday!

So definite yes from me - I want a REvo remap, cash is waiting. I hope we can organise this!

• Like 1

Interestingly they quote $599 for US AND £599 in Uk ( sorry this is for the 2.0 petrol vRS specifically) as many of you know.

Equivalent to £420 if you mapped a US and sent car ( or ECU) back to the UK lol

If permitted the 25% offer expired in Nov ( like me many of you probably missed/ignored it) then that would be around £480.....

Per their previous GB - if they would respect this:
10+ cars 30% total Revo discount

This would mean ~£420 for me !! I'd definitely be up for that.

(Noting DTUK £ 399 online lowest price, also that has a resaleable potential in future too with an actual viable physical unit not tied to the car -

so it would have to be that aggressive for my interest but in theory the numbers are there)

The original dealers are on the original GB so may give them a called after 2pm on Monday to guage their interest on this proposal ( if I remember!)
If we get potential go ahead I will ask for this to be moved or recreated in the GB thead "officially".
Thanks all for your responses.

On 15/04/2018 at 11:50, vRSAnt said:

Interestingly they quote $599 for US AND £599 in Uk ( sorry this is for the 2.0 petrol vRS specifically) as many of you know.

Equivalent to £420 if you mapped a US and sent car ( or ECU) back to the UK lol

If permitted the 25% offer expired in Nov ( like me many of you probably missed/ignored it) then that would be around £480.....

Per their previous GB - if they would respect this:
10+ cars 30% total Revo discount

This would mean ~£420 for me !! I'd definitely be up for that.

(Noting DTUK £ 399 online lowest price, also that has a resaleable potential in future too with an actual viable physical unit not tied to the car -

so it would have to be that aggressive for my interest but in theory the numbers are there)

The original dealers are on the original GB so may give them a called after 2pm on Monday to guage their interest on this proposal ( if I remember!)
If we get potential go ahead I will ask for this to be moved or recreated in the GB thead "officially".
Thanks all for your responses.

Did you make any calls today?

Sorry no, I forgot, firstly I got distracted by a garden full of weeds with the weather being fine :D ( ground elder anyone :( ) then decided I had to learn to play an amazing rocked up remix version of enjoy the silence I heard on Kerrang :D In fairness I haven't even been out in the car let along looked at it to spur to remember on that point.

Its on my "to do" for tomorrow now come 2pm ish.....

Edited by vRSAnt

Got cut off talking to Northampton who are dealer and they mention
They were muting a max 20% for 10+ numbers, and potential excusions on some models like 1.6d and not a lot of interest in those due to the work involved in remaps requires removing ECU etc. Hopefully the majority are in the 2.0 tsi/diesel or similar.

They had some concern about how many of the potential numbers might qualify interest getting to them though.
This is all provisional as they may have to confirm with Revo.

Spoke also to Quattrotech St Ives originally involved in GB years ago who are going away to have a think but had similar interest in something like this when they had an open day, so could be very interesting

Waiting on news to come back.

So I have made some steps, keep posted for further news and updates.

Edited by vRSAnt
  • Like 1

Ok so I can confirm the basis Quattrotech interest is similar to Northampton,

but they are talking about running as an open day to all visitors. Maximum 20% discount with those wanting the remap.

Organisation same as normal group buy, i.e. taking names and would involve a deposit of £100 required for interested parties,

potentially as soon as a day in May.

( I failed to get the minimum numbers on this sorry, but presumably circa 10).

You would have to visit on a openday for the remap where they would shut on a Saturday for their normal business with Revo present

and hence for this sugguestion, that would need to be the day the maps would have been be done then.

Buy they would also make this into an open day, you could come down to them and they will lay on food and goodies etc if you were just looking to go down and chat without  a remap basically.

The day to be arranged would be potentially open for discussion, so if the majority were looking for May it could be in May, if this causes issues for a number it could be settled on a more amicable date for all.

Does this make sense and any feedback / reaction to this from any as to any pros/cons/confirmation of interest ?

Edited by vRSAnt
  • Thanks 1