Fabia Sleeper

Kenrw8

New serious problem was having a drop in fuel consumption and acceleration lag and hearing a rattle around the turbo area which turned out to be the wastegate , so new turbo required.

Calling a in the trade relative got a good trade price for an oem turbo from TPS which hopefully will be fitted by this time next week if not will be the first week of the new year.

18 hours ago, Kenrw8 said:

New serious problem was having a drop in fuel consumption and acceleration lag and hearing a rattle around the turbo area which turned out to be the wastegate , so new turbo required.

Calling a in the trade relative got a good trade price for an oem turbo from TPS which hopefully will be fitted by this time next week if not will be the first week of the new year.

Ouch, not fancy fitting one of the 1.4 act turbos? 

• 2 months later...

Well had problem getting car through MOT, failing on CO emission at 22% with limit at 20%.

Took car back to Tony Banks they nothing wrong their cat but after their test fitted a 2nd cat underneath the engine. Also added fuel additive to reduce CO. Well after quick 70 mile (mway) journey straight back to MOT station, still failed, straight away to another test station and got 21% still a failure. 

Got quoted £1070 excludes fitting for OEM. So bought a 3rd party type approved exhaust and fitted for third of oem.

Following day back to MOT and passed at 0% , which I'd got prior to fitting Sports cat.

So going to leave this exhaust on, probably lost iro 10-12hp, to probably 130hp

• Like 1

So much for the Tony Banks reputation! Its obvious their Sports Cat have no catalyst at all, effectively just a though pipe. Hope you get your money back from him. You have enough evidence

Edited by xman

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Also replaced the water logged whip aerial with a fin with FM, DAB+ and GPS.

Swapped the Pure 600 DAB+ and the Swing for a Pioneer avh-z51000Ddab that has Bluetooth, DAB+, CD/DVD Android Auto.

Had the car on Dyno today and replacing the sport cat back standard has reduce power back 121hp.

With 110bhp at 4000rpm with peak of 121bhp at 5200rpm and torque 150lb/ft available from 2600rpm to 3500rpm with 125lb/ft at 5200rpm.

Edited by Kenrw8

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No reason, it wasn't fitted when I got the car.

Did get one from tps but after some hacking still wouldn't fit, so as I've not had any problems decided it isn't needed.

Edited by Kenrw8
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Well I thought I'd look in, it's been while, surprised membership not deleted.

Any way, just to let you I've still got my car and it 4 years since remap and most of my mods. Car has done about 30k with the remap and going strong.

Any else got a long running remap?

Edited by Kenrw8

21 hours ago, Kenrw8 said:

Any way, just to let you I've still got my car and it 4 years since remap and most of my mods. Car has done about 30k with the remap and going strong.

mine haha

• Haha 1

On 23/12/2020 at 23:30, Kenrw8 said:

I've read that you have replaced the chain tensioner... Have you had any problems related to chain issues on the 1.2 tsi? As you have a remapped engine, your chain is more stressed comparing to the engines with original maps so it would be interesting to hear your experience and maintenance tips. How often do you change oil and what kind of oil do you use? 

5 hours ago, e-Roottoot said:

@AMD87 The 'haha' might be best explained.

You are not running the car original 1.6 TDI CR anymore with a map are you?  That engine became a dead parrot eventually, maybe after loads of smiles per miles though.

Not really, me and @Kenrw8 have met and I’ve been out in his car. My car ran over 40k mapped and with the new engine has done over 10k already 

7 hours ago, Madket said:

I've read that you have replaced the chain tensioner... Have you had any problems related to chain issues on the 1.2 tsi? As you have a remapped engine, your chain is more stressed comparing to the engines with original maps so it would be interesting to hear your experience and maintenance tips. How often do you change oil and what kind of oil do you use? 

Have no problems with tensioner since was changed end if 2018, and was only changed cuz I was having the LSD and clutch changed.

I have had a monthly payment service plan contract with a local independent VAG garage for alternating yearly servicing based in 9000 and 18000 recommend servicing since I bought the car in 2016. Prior to me the car had yearly oil changes which I've continued.

I bought with 62k now 103k. With respect to the Bridgestones A005 I've just replaced the fronts with MK2 versions, they'd only had 4mm left, still think they are the best tyres I've ever had, wet grip is fantastic.

Oh I've just changed the registration , youngest son bought for xmas, to NI dateless one, on investigation it a relatively newly issued one , 2019 or 2020

Edited by Kenrw8

On 25/12/2020 at 15:21, Kenrw8 said:

Have no problems with tensioner since was changed end if 2018, and was only changed cuz I was having the LSD and clutch changed.

I have had a monthly payment service plan contract with a local independent VAG garage for alternating yearly servicing based in 9000 and 18000 recommend servicing since I bought the car in 2016. Prior to me the car had yearly oil changes which I've continued.

I bought with 62k now 103k. With respect to the Bridgestones A005 I've just replaced the fronts with MK2 versions, they'd only had 4mm left, still think they are the best tyres I've ever had, wet grip is fantastic.

Oh I've just changed the registration , youngest son bought for xmas, to NI dateless one, on investigation it a relatively newly issued one , 2019 or 2020

I thought you werent allowed to put a newer plate on than the cars year for some reason?

You can when it's a dateless Northern Ireland registration. NI plates are three letters, and 4 numbers in the range of 1001 to 9999, with no indication of year of registration or age.

In my case the three letter combination started issue with 1001 in June 18 are sequentially upto 9999. After which the next three letter combination will start at 1001.

• Like 1

On 26/12/2020 at 21:47, Kenrw8 said:

You can when it's a dateless Northern Ireland registration. NI plates are three letters, and 4 numbers in the range of 1001 to 9999, with no indication of year of registration or age.

In my case the three letter combination started issue with 1001 in June 18 are sequentially upto 9999. After which the next three letter combination will start at 1001.

I know Northern plates are different than Uk plates, My own Monte Carlo Was a Northern Registration. What I didn't know was that you could use them on any car regardless of the cars model year. I had figured it was just a blanket law that just wouldnt allow you to put a newer plate on an older car, never figured you could circumvent the rules by putting a northern registration on. Personally, I think the Uk plates look nicer as opposed to the NI plates but thats probably a "Grass is greener on the other side" situation. Normally most every British car near me is a NI registration considering I live minutes away from the Border.