Washer level indicator??

Hi. 

Had the fabia 4 months now and not sure if it has an indicator light for when the washer fluid gets low. Have read the manual and it references that there is an indicator but I've had to fill the reservoir twice since getting it following it running out with no indication. 1st time was in the winter so just presumed nozzles frozen and not actually empty but now.... Hmmmm 

Thanks Darren 

2018 Monte Carlo estate. 

Edited by Darren09
Spec (if that matters)

I have a 2016 SE that has warned me of low washer fluid on the MFD.

I also have the bigger washer fluid tank because I have the headlamp washer jets.

Don't know if this makes a difference though.

Thanks AG Falco

11 hours ago, AGFalco said:

I have a 2016 SE that has warned me of low washer fluid on the MFD.

I also have the bigger washer fluid tank because I have the headlamp washer jets.

Don't know if this makes a difference though.

Thanks AG Falco

It may well do, I have a Feb 2017 build Monte Carlo and haven't had any warnings, I felt on topping it up every 3 weeks or so now. No headlamp washers on mine.

So if you have the headlight washer jets you also have a bigger washer bottle and the low washer level warning.

The headlight washer jets also heat the water and it is not good to run this with no water in the system.

Thanks AG Falco

My old 55 plate Skoda estate had a low windscreen washer bottle warning but my mk3 sel has not :( another cost cutting item same as one touch driver window winder Joe

• Like 3

I don't think they've ever had them unless you opt for the headlamp washers. Been this way for many years on VWs, for certain, and I'm sure Skodas are no different. 

On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 20:33, AGFalco said:

So if you have the headlight washer jets you also have a bigger washer bottle and the low washer level warning.

The headlight washer jets also heat the water and it is not good to run this with no water in the system.

Thanks AG Falco

Are you certain that cars with headlight washers have heated headlight washer jets, I'd doubt that, the headlight washers tend to come with either HID/LED headlights and/or winter pack, the headlight washers are powered by a high pressure pump and that high pressure washer fluid pumps the washers spray bars up - if it was to also head the headlight washer fluid, it would need big heaters, I'd check that again if I were you.

Never really noticed if it had a washer bottle indicator, as I tend to top up once a week or every two weeks, depending if I am going on a run.

The mark 1 Fabia defo had one iirc it was a little yellow light.

Davy

I have a poverty spec Seat Alhambra, large washer bottle, no headlight washers, not even front fog lights.

Low washer warning message though, comes on when there is just about to be no fluid left, which has happened quite a lot as i like washing tailgaters screens for them.  Or having their auto wipers operating.

Edited by Offski

I think it should be mandatory to have washer fluid warning fitted. Given that when you want washers the wipers operate automatically, if no water then your vision can be obscured further.

If you are on a long journey in poor weather it is not beyond the bounds of possibility to empty a full tank.

Bill :)

1 hour ago, rum4mo said:

Are you certain that cars with headlight washers have heated headlight washer jets, I'd doubt that, the headlight washers tend to come with either HID/LED headlights and/or winter pack, the headlight washers are powered by a high pressure pump and that high pressure washer fluid pumps the washers spray bars up - if it was to also head the headlight washer fluid, it would need big heaters, I'd check that again if I were you.

■ The windscreen washer nozzles for the windscreen are heated when the engine
is running and the outside temperature is less than approx. +10 °C.

Looks like it is only the washer jets for the windscreen and not the headlight washers as well.

You can have headlight washers as an extra option on the halogen headlights as well.

Thanks AG Falco

I never set off anyplace without 5 litres of ready to use washer fluid in the box i move from vehicle to vehicle. (Currently a Sainsbury Plastic Basket...)

Gloves, De-icers, WD 40 / GT85, tools, sciatica cushion, hi-viz vest etc etc. Even in the summer.