Boot/Trunk cannot open via exterior switch/button

On 03/05/2018 at 10:16, Wino said:

This is what the circuit looks like, V53 being the motor that you are calling the solenoid.

Check that the red/green wire coming from E234 to the Onboard supply control unit is going to 0V when the switch is pressed, and if that is happening, check for voltage on the green/red wire coming to V53 while the switch is pressed.

I'm not sure what impact the other switch - F218, inside the rear lock, would have if it is broken.

Rear lid.JPG

All the brown wires at the bottom of the diagram are earths, or should be. Check that they really do connect to chassis.

Hi Wino,

I am getting deeper and deeper in this.

So, as an update, the onboard supply control module (5WK48216 - 6Q0 937 049) was replaced. Some error codes pop up and had to replaced (also in sequence to an issue that the car would stop after 2hours of driving along with 2 new coils.

Tested the switchs F218 and E234, as the tailgate/boot locking motor. So my guess is now the relay. I've opened the compartment under the steering wheel and found these: 18, 29, 404 and 447. Do you know with of these is responsible to send current to the tailgate/boot locking motor?

None of those unfortunately. The relay shown in that circuit is inside the onboard supply control unit, soldered to the circuit board.

The fact that you have replaced this module may be relevant. Was the module exactly the same part number as the original, and was it coded the same using VCDS or the official equivalent?

On 11/05/2018 at 17:08, Wino said:

None of those unfortunately. The relay shown in that circuit is inside the onboard supply control unit, soldered to the circuit board.

The fact that you have replaced this module may be relevant. Was the module exactly the same part number as the original, and was it coded the same using VCDS or the official equivalent?

yeap, found that the hard way (****) because, somehow the car doesn't stop after removing the key. Only starts and doesn't stop... only by removing one of the relays.

So... I guess the relay went bad (let's hope it is only that).

Yes, the module was ordered and placed by a official mechanic as per the part. 

So, maybe it comes to a wire. The most basic option.