Still no build week!

13 minutes ago, mlohnork said:

On the adac list they say something similar to: this list contains only cars that are available for orders. (must be the same as the manufacturer has put it online on pricelist etc) So naturally skoda knows it before the list is updated. I would expect them on the adac list next week. 

Apparently it depends on what country you’re in, every config can be ordered in Norway. 

Can anyone help me understand please.

Ordered a 2.0TSI Sportline on 30 June. Had an expected delivery date mid November. About a month ago was informed by the dealer it would not arrive until Feb 2019.

When I complained the dealer has apparently found a car currently on route for delivery with the exact same specs as the one I ordered. Due to arrive  early December. When I compare Commission Numbers the substitute car was ordered after mine was yet was apparently built and released unlike the one I ordered on 30 June.

if there cars aren’t compliant and my original car not in production until later this year can anyone shed any light on how this substitute car was built and released and should arrive shortly???

5 hours ago, Cf12TSi said:

if there cars aren’t compliant and my original car not in production until later this year can anyone shed any light on how this substitute car was built and released and should arrive shortly???

Possibly a misunderstanding. 

Could it be a 180TSI 2018 model from a dealers stock? No 2019 TSIs is on the way yet. 

6 minutes ago, Cf12TSi said:

They tell me it’s MY19 TSI but I don’t believe them 

Yeah it must be a misunderstanding. You either get a 2018 TSI or a 2019 TDI.

Skoda CZ are building cars, production has not stopped, vehicles are built and 'bunkered' and being transported to countries now ready for First Registering when the WLTP Approval goes through.

Get any misunderstandings cleared up by the Suppliers by them putting in writing what they are offering.

For a non WLTP Approved vehicle to be first registered now it would need to have been built before June 1st 2018 and being First Registered under 'Derogation Rules'.

There are not going to  be that many Kodiaq with any engine that are sitting about like that,  built 6 months ago plus and not First Registered.

There are plenty VW & Audi & maybe SEAT though.

57 minutes ago, Offski said:

being transported to countries now ready for First Registering when the WLTP Approval goes through.

Are you 100% sure of this?

The message I got was that they are stocking cars on lots in CZ as they are not allowed to leave the country until they are certified. 

3 minutes ago, BGB said:

The message I got was that they are stocking cars on lots in CZ as they are not allowed to leave the country until they are certified. 

Yes, this is what I know too.

I agree with what everyone is saying... my dealer is saying something completely different. The car come out of production in the last 2 weeks. Is showing ‘sailing’ on the tracking site. Due to arrive 2 December. 

I guess I’ll have to wait and see what they try to deliver me. 

Does the EU not allow them to move in the EU, after all they can be going between Slovakia & Germany and the Czech Republic from plant to plant.

The UK is in the EU and it is not allowed to First Register for the Road, not 'Not allowed to be an 'feature' on a British Disused Airfield other than storage uses.

?

Are the cars Imported into Europe but built around the world sitting in the country of manufacture because no WLTP approval and not being shipped to be 'Banked' in the country they are destined for.

Storage /banked / bunkering in the Czech republic might well be as economic to do as putting in Transit and then 'Banking' in Norway or Slovakia. 

Which might happen when the WLTP Approval is through.

More and more cars are coming off the lines needing 'Bunkered'.

The UK is different, ferries and transport is contracted but takes longer, likely is more costly, especially if slots are not used,

& the UK weather is milder for thousands on Banked / Bunkered vehicles, 

and the waiting lists are growing.

So if the cars are 'Bunkered' in the UK for First Registration and the 'Cash Money'   the Great British Pound paid ASAP then that is maybe Simply Clever.

The UK is on the way to BEXIT and there can be 'Crossing the Channel Issues' on the horizon.

As it is already with so many vehicles on 'Back Order'  when those that are already WLTP Approved they need to get those into the UK by March to be sure of no more additional delays.

Cars built a few months before sitting at some facility in a Czech Republic winter, not 'Simply Clever' really.

'Manage customers delivery expectation'.

44055667_10214790112404136_4897098019859595264_n.jpg.2a90548ee185c0568cf207b6680a090b.jpg

Edited by Offski

@Offski, yes your assumption is logical it could be as you mentioned.
I think that the cars are "banked" near the factory because of case when there are needed to be done some modifications on them (e.g. software or mechanical) to meet the WLTP standard requirements.

Btw do you have a new "delivery expectations" since those are valid from 8.Oct to 22.Oct. I'm just curious if something changed there. 

8 minutes ago, Jfhuk said:

Interesting bit is the car transporter ships are running from Emden each week to Sheerness, they must be carrying something.

Actually, there are hundreds of "banked" cars what already passed the WLTP so maybe those are shiped.

Ordered my Kodiaq SE Technology 150 4x4 DSG on the 22nd of august with a provisional build date of the 3rd of December. Having had no update from the leasing company through which ordered it, and obviously feeling slightly worried due to the horror stories I've read here, I thought I would check direct with skoda as to its status. Live chat inform me that it still has an unconfirmed build date as of the 3rd of december and that confirmation will only be made 1 week before build.

I then went on to ask about any likely delays due to WLTP however they confirmed certification has been granted for the model therefore normal delivery procedures will apply. What are peoples experiences of length of time from build to actually receiving vehicle? I remember when I ordered my current car (Audi A6) it was around 4-6 weeks. 

1 hour ago, hinchy31 said:

What are peoples experiences of length of time from build to actually receiving vehicle?

I picked mine up just over 2 weeks after it was built (don’t forget build takes a week) but that was possibly luck on my side that it just flew through the transportation stages and didn’t get held up anywhere.

Around 4 weeks seems to be the norm based on posts on here, I think.