Still no build week!

I was wondering how long people have waited between placing an order and being allocated a build week? It’s 4 weeks since my order was placed and I still haven’t got a build week yet. I’m thinking if it goes on much longer then they probably will have filled all build slots up until the factory shut down for re-tooling for MY19 (Skoda UK still can’t give me a definite date for this) and so I might get a MY19 Kodiaq.

I suppose this is probably a good thing for the 2.0tsi but other than the probable GPF I’m not sure what else will be different to the MY18?

When you say you haven't got a build date yet, you haven't been contacted by your dealer / Skoda UK, or when you've contacted them they've told you that there is no build week allocated?

When your dealer placed the order they will have had a 'provisional' build date straight away.

This then usually changes to a 'confirmed' build date (from the factory) anywhere between 2-4 weeks after that.

My dealer never gave me a provisional week (but they are generally useless it seems) and I’ve contact Skoda a few times including today and been told there is no build week allocated yet. I suppose I could contact my dealer and ask if there was a provisional one but don’t hold out much hope of them knowing!

Hmm, I guess it varies. I'm pretty sure the factory shutdown, the model year change, plus the emissions testing confusion together with the changes to the 2.0TSI engine are all compounding the issue.

In my experience Skoda UK customer services have been far more knowledgeable than the dealer in terms of build dates and the cars location etc.

It's just a tough time of year, it'll come good.

• Like 1

Did your dealer give you an estimated delivery date, and has the factory accepted your order? (Skoda CS can tell you this)

When I ordered my diesel Kodiaq at the end of February, I had exactly the same experience as you. I think I waited 6 weeks before I even had a provisional build date, which was not confirmed until the week before build. The dealer has had no communication with me (they ignored my emails asking if there was a problem). As it happens, my car was built last week, and is now sitting at Emden waiting for a boat, so looks like it will be delivered in line with the estimated delivery date my dealer gave me back in February.

5 minutes ago, MrTrilby said:

Did your dealer give you an estimated delivery date, and has the factory accepted your order? (Skoda CS can tell you this)

Before they placed the order the dealer suggested about 18 weeks but they were very vague and couldn’t say where they got this figure from

The order was accepted about 3 days after it was placed so no issues from that point of view.

8 minutes ago, MrTrilby said:

As it happens, my car was built last week, and is now sitting at Emden waiting for a boat, so looks like it will be delivered in line with the estimated delivery date my dealer gave me back in February.

Glad yours in built and you can

look forward to it. Mine seems forever away!

10 hours ago, silver1011 said:

See here, this will likely be affecting your build week allocation...

So from looking at this, if it’s not built in the next 9 weeks then it won’t be built for another 10 weeks on top of that??!

Wonderful!

OK so i provisionally had BW22 - but dealer contacted me today to confirm BW26! Which mean registering the car for the end of June deadline for the £1000 fuel card won't happen.

I have ordered the 2.0 TSI and am also a bit confused as to what actually engine this be now?

I ordered the car in the middle of March 2018

Edited by Krooked

8 hours ago, Krooked said:

OK so i provisionally had BW22 - but dealer contacted me today to confirm BW26! Which mean registering the car for the end of June deadline for the £1000 fuel card won't happen.

I have ordered the 2.0 TSI and am also a bit confused as to what actually engine this be now?

Last build week with 2.0 tsi 180hp should be week 30. From week 31, 2.0 tsi 190hp. (with particle filter).  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Krooked said:

There is a £1000 discount voucher if you take a test drive that replaces the fuel offer.

I ordered the 190TDI the 16 April and have been told a provisional BW22 but haven't had a confirmed build week yet. Be interesting to see how the times compare for the Diesel and the TSI

On 30/04/2018 at 18:13, mlohnork said:

Last build week with 2.0 tsi 180hp should be week 30. From week 31, 2.0 tsi 190hp. (with particle filter).  

But according to some (Skoda UK can’t confirm it) the factory closes to re-tool from the end of week 26 and only re-opens in week 31 so anything after week 26 might be the MY19 model!

I ordered last week, 1.4 SEL spec with no extras and have just received an email saying its now built, week 18 and that I should have it in around 3 weeks. 

3 hours ago, LHVRS said:

I ordered last week, 1.4 SEL spec with no extras and have just received an email saying its now built, week 18 and that I should have it in around 3 weeks. 

That’s impressive! They don’t usually get built that quick. I ordered mine on 2nd Feb and it arrived at the dealers yesterday.

That won't have been a factory build, it'll have already been built and sat either at the plant or Emden waiting for an order.

That's the only way you'll get petrol's now, all build slots prior to plant shutdown were allocated last month.

There are brand new cars out there without owners but they're built and in storage.

On 04/05/2018 at 18:02, silver1011 said:

That won't have been a factory build, it'll have already been built and sat either at the plant or Emden waiting for an order.

That's the only way you'll get petrol's now, all build slots prior to plant shutdown were allocated last month.

There are brand new cars out there without owners but they're built and in storage.

They told me it was not built when I made the purchase but was on a preorder they had made for that quarter. The Skoda thing they sent me via email also said BW18

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Currently living in Switzerland (Expat) ordered my car end of Feb. Still no Build week, nor a delivery date, expected Winter 2018 :-) 

Just to make you all feel better :-) 

16 minutes ago, Jfhuk said:

Ouch that’s a long time to wait for a car!

yep sure it is...but no other cars meet my criteria...unless anyone can suggest otherwise in terms of cost, space, and technology :-)