So I went and bought a Jaaaag

Saw a black one of these this morning - it looked 'better' but only because the black paint and the front number plate went some way towards hiding the gaping snout 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There are plenty of attractive men with large noses (shouts?) and I would not want them to change. Similarly, I don't hate the latest grills on Audis. In fact, they are a grill with a border, but it's OK.  I don't like the 4 series grill as much as the M4, but I think it's because of the indentations in the bonnet are missing. 

• Like 1

Just watched 'The Last Duel' yesterday and it struck me how handsome Adam Driver is. he is not just a great Driver, but also has a large nose :) 

Also, my old M4 has been sold, it was only up for a week on the BMW site, so I wonder if I pitched the price a little low? 😞 it was in lovely condition. It even had rubber left on the tyres :D 

Here is an interesting video. Two identically engined cars, both with Xdrive only one is a saloon and one is an SUV. the driver, Joe Achilles, eventually does a side by side drag race with extra weight in the M3 and the difference in performance is intriguing to say the least. Also, it shows how ridiculously quick the X3M is, especially when you think it was available for £549 deposit and then £549 a month on a PCP when it was launched. 

• Like 2

Thats a stunning car amanda ,even if thats not yours ,i imagine yours will look just as good ,am well jellous ,but having just had another speed awareness course yesterday best i dont order one haha

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I've never been offered a speed awareness course, I just get the points 😞 Been clean for a while now, although a lot of late night driving and long distances to travel might have changed that recently... 

4 minutes ago, Lady Elanore said:

I've never been offered a speed awareness course, I just get the points 😞 Been clean for a while now, although a lot of late night driving and long distances to travel might have changed that recently... 

I canny go quick enough in mine to get either which suits me fine to be honest. :D

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It said M4 on the back.... honest 😇:

CF23873D-76FA-424C-AE5C-E96BCD66D829.jpeg

Might've been latin - MIV

Gaz

Edited by Gaz
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, roottoot said:

Maybe one for @Lady Elanore

Match her eyes?

I saw this and was surprised he is thinking of selling it. He does like cars that give you a "moment", He even liked rather sudden feature in the old M4. One recent review of the new M4 had a journalist saying he ran the old one for 6 months and it tried to kill him 3 times :D I miss mine terribly :crying:

• Lady Elanore changed the title to So I went and bought an M3
  • 2 weeks later...

in keeping related to the original thread title, but down a few rungs on the power ladder, how does this video make people feel?

i have chest pains watching it...

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

I have an M3 outside that hasn't gone anywhere in 10 days 😞 I was hoping to have it ready for its first running in service by now, so I could check the carpet depth 

• Sad 1

Not so bad looking in certain colours, even if there will always be many who dislike it. I think like all things, we get used to them. I like the styling except the rear view

I think they look quite smart. The number plate breaks up the front grill and the rear is just new and will become that bit softer looking as time goes by. Love the colour, works extremely well with the black trim enhancements. 

Edited by UndertheRadar
  • Like 1

The colour is a new one to the M3, unfortunately everyone is now picking it (it's a no cost option) so it may well become one of the dominant colours and it's also available on the 2 series family wagon I believe :D 'Exclusivity' is a not a club I am a member of 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

I done a photo

M3.thumb.jpg.648c915043b90f1d0ea68fb8267a1991.jpg

is that yours? 

have you taken it for uts detailing, and now its good to go? 

It is mine, for the next few years, hopefully (you never know what the future will bring). I had it detailed at Magic Detail here in Manchester, as they have done a couple of other cars for me :) That rather large nose (which I like, but there again I find Jean Reno really sexy and he has a huge nose :D ) is rather prone to stone chips, so I had PPF applied to the front of the car. It's already taken its first hit and hopefully the paint underneath is fine. Sadly, after parting with a fair of cash, I pulled out of the studio and said to Matt the detailer, "it looks like rain", at which point it pretty much dumped a cloud on me. Then I continued to drive it 150 miles in thunderstorms and on resurfaced roads, where stone chippings had been liberally been applied with complete abandonment to a road surface that was as dry and unsticky as a billiard ball. To make matters worse I attempted to wash the car at my fathers and found the water pressure of his hose was terrible, the car shampoo he gave me was as old as my record collection and the chamois he said he would fetch was an old tea towel. So then my car was filthy and covered in strange shampoo/water-spot hybrid circles. 

I'll never learn

• Love it! 1
  • Sad 1

I despise stone chips 🤬 Whenever I have any sorted properly (as opposed  to my own bodge repairs) I can pretty much guarantee I’ll add another one to the collection within a day or two 🙄 One arrived on my NSF door handle a few days ago 😕

Water marks do my noddle too.

G

• Like 1

Congrats on the new car @Lady Elanore 🙌

My M4 is also long gone, I had a spell in a JCW after an unfortunate incident on the M60 in rain 🙈 and then onto a 2020 M135i (new shape with Carbon everywhere)

E7F4713D-0C54-48A1-88E8-A1ADEDE2133E.thumb.jpeg.18bc1c9c6737d54bff8f2552b31c0f9d.jpeg

then finally I jumped to the other well liked German make (back in a vag)

A578FEC3-5A09-405C-9017-3CE1420FC2BB.thumb.jpeg.e670368ec6bef5e2d7575d6f078e0b92.jpeg

• Like 2