MPG

patrolman

Thanks for this so DSG 1.5 is between 36 to 38 MPG which is about what I am getting. I had expected nearer 50 MPG but obviously not done enough research to know the real world situation.

I think these figures will help people assess the true MPG. Obviously nothing ever perfect but a step in right direction...

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I'd add to the thread,  as I noticed our long term mpg has been reset, bit annoying that we hadn't noticed and written that down.

Had our car since February 6015 on the clock.

Long term on 1524 miles average mph 24  average 42.5mpg over 62.31 hours 92 green leaf

since refuelling 157 miles average 26 mph average 44.5mpg 6.04 hours 91 leaf.

We have the edition model, 1.5 dsg and certainly use the heated seats and the heated windscreen on these figures and air con when required.  Husband uses the eco mode. His Monday to Friday commute is only 5 miles each way, one of these journeys is one junction on the motorway and the return on 30mph roads at rush hour.  In the long term figure this would have included a journey to Central London and back yesterday and from Kent to Croydon and back a few weeks ago.

I think that anything around 45mpg is acceptable particularly when commuting is involved. On a long run 50+ should be achievable. 

Tomorrow is the day I can find out for myself after a 7 month painful wait. Woopee 

8 hours ago, Doogle69 said:

I think that anything around 45mpg is acceptable particularly when commuting is involved. On a long run 50+ should be achievable. 

Tomorrow is the day I can find out for myself after a 7 month painful wait. Woopee 

I think our highest on a longer journey has been 58.2mpg I think the figures are quite good especially as with the Edition we have the glass roof and the reason Skoda have removed this option is due to the weight and the emissions/efficiency.

@Doogle69 I feel I have been on that horrible journey with you the last few months I cannot wait to see lots and lots of photos of your car, your patience has been amazing.

:party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party:

I would love to get 50mpg but never been near it, best on a long journey was 44mpg. The short regular 5 mile journey 38 - 36 mpg.

Originally in Eco mode but after comparing Sport mode Eco mode was not better.

64 hrs driven 2382 miles since new. AVG speed 37mph AVG Mpg 39.4 Greenleaf 88.

I have a test run to motorway junction which I know in my Green line Octi I could get 60mpg. In the Karoq 40mpg.

I tend to use cruise a lot even on local roads and motorway work stick it at 75 with some bumps up to pass the mid lane hogs who don't keep constant speed...

ACC is superb and even on local roads very handy....

This is the only disappointment for me, the range is so much shorter and more often refueling.

Edited by MJ1
ca auto correct!!!
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Current mileage 9,280 miles since 26/01/2018 Karoq 1.5Tsi manual SEL. Brim to brim 962.76 litres (211.78 gallons) actual average 43.82MPG.:biggrin:

Accurate and concise as always!

But it may be time to to start an additional hobby! I have taken up archery and very much enjoying it....:biggrin:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OldKaroq said:

But it may be time to to start an additional hobby! I have taken up archery and very much enjoying it....:biggrin:

Indeed been watching the rain fall outside for the last 3 days, saving me from cutting the lawn and washing the fleet. Long term maxidot showing optimistic 48.5mpg at the moment.:blink:

After 6 months and 4,500 miles, long term shows 39.5 mpg at a surprisingly low 28mph for the last 1628 miles. As its a DSG Im quite happy with that.

Always room for improvement, of course!

100 mile trip this morning, Central Sweden, what you might call A and B roads, Speed limits varying from 45 to 55 mph with some 20 mph villages in between and a few unmetalled forest trails. Average speed over the distance around 42 mph. Normal drive mode on the DSG, extensive use of ASC, engine rpm typically between 1400 and 1550 rpm - VERY QUIET.

Consumption 20 km/liter or 56 mpg (UK)

150 mile trip home, mostly motorway or semi-motorway, average speed 68 mph, consumption 18.6 km/l or 52 mpg.

2.0 TDI Rocks.

Edited by Agerbundsen
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, OldKaroq said:

It would provide you with some release of tension. 

…..sorry.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, OldKaroq said:

After 6 months and 4,500 miles, long term shows 39.5 mpg at a surprisingly low 28mph for the last 1628 miles. As its a DSG Im quite happy with that.

Always room for improvement, of course!

I know that your 28mph may seem unusually low but our long term average of mostly urban and short journeys is usually a pathetic 28kph. 

I cannot help but laugh at the weekend when we see a local brand new bright yellow Lamborghini venturing out onto our 40/50kph speed limited roads. I have no idea how it negotiates some of the treacherous spoon drains on our urban backroads. might be due to the number of cylinders but it seems to idle at 1500rpm and I don't suppose his long term average speed or consumption is all that good either (for the  A$400k+ it would have cost here). Muscular, tattooed young fellow drives. I don't recognise him as a sporting star so I'm guessing... drug dealer :) 

• Like 3

I've had my 1.6TDI DSG for a bit over 3000km now. I have fuelled up the car 4 times, and each time the range has been between about 730-750km, and the overall average MPG is 49.xx (17.55km/l).  The Long-Term average speed and MPG indicated on the MID are 36km/h (22mph) and 19.2km/l (54.xx MPG).

Edited by manlms

First brim yesterday. 41.7.  Now up to about 400 miles

driving consisted of initial running about, driving from north notts To Brancaster and then steady driving on Norfolk roads

i am fairly happy with that. 

• 1 month later...

You folks with 1.5 tsi DSG's are getting some good numbers vs my own consumption figs on same car e.g. 33/34 on 20 mile urban trips and about 39/40 on longer 100 mile + trips involving motorway / dual carriageway trips .  Mind you my figs. are perfectly acceptable from my own perspective as I previously ran a 280 ps Superb Sportline for 9 months before parting with it to downsize to a single vehicle that Mrs BD is more comfortable driving . Miss the big beast but actually beginning to love the Karoq edition , plus my licence will be safer too :)

SO having crunched the numbers into the calculator we have purchased 988.16 litres of regular unleaded (217.37 gallons) over 9,996 miles (car was delivered with 7 miles on it) at an average of 45.99MPG. Pretty happy with that compared to the 42-46mpg we got from the 1.2Tsi manual 6 speed Rapid we had previously ran for 3 years.:biggrin:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Boxerdog1 said:

You folks with 1.5 tsi DSG's are getting some good numbers vs my own consumption figs on same car e.g. 33/34 on 20 mile urban trips and about 39/40 on longer 100 mile + trips involving motorway / dual carriageway trips .  Mind you my figs. are perfectly acceptable from my own perspective as I previously ran a 280 ps Superb Sportline for 9 months before parting with it to downsize to a single vehicle that Mrs BD is more comfortable driving . Miss the big beast but actually beginning to love the Karoq edition , plus my licence will be safer too :)

Hi,

You are getting about what others with DSG are getting. Click on the fuelly icon on some of the posters have showing their mileage. Then filter on the fuelly site by the DSG 1.5.

I think the manual versions getting better than DSG.

I am getting same as you and I am not driving flat footed.

• Thanks 1

Have had my 2.0 TDI 4x4 for 3 weeks now and have done 900 miles. I'm averaging 45mpg on my 30 mile commute which is a mix of A roads - some drives through villages and some dual carriageway.

Does anyone with the same car do any better? I was hoping for high 40s or possibly 50. Also does anyone know if the consumption improve with more miles?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Offski said:

@Stefanos Is that 15 miles from a cold start to work and 15 miles back?

You are doing OK from a TDI IMO.  Go 30 miles each way and the economy will be much better.

You are going about 10 miles to 15 miles and the engine temp / oil is just at the efficient running temp.

It's actually 30 miles each way from a cold start. Based on this it sounds like the economy should be better?