5TA827566B rear-view camera problem

Hi guys, 

I hope someone can help me!

I have just installed the original rear camera 5TA827566B (with washer). It had 3 wires, one short black wire for V-, one long red wire for V+ and one yellow midle length for activating the camera (connected to the reverse  light). Video cable connected to the radio unit (Pin 6 & 12).

Then I have done the coding as per instruction:

image.png.7bad3d73c5b63af9dec6dfd95cb0fb5b.png

But I do not get any video signal up in the radio! When I go in and activate the "Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2_VPS_oxoB", my sensors also disappear from the radio.

I have attached 2 pictures - "No response from Controller" failure code from VCDS.

I think it has to do with the Gateway connection (Pin 12 CAN LOW & pin 6 CAN High), but not 100% sure.

I hope someone here in the forum have an idea.

Thanks in advance :-)

Fault 131689.PNG

6C Back-up Cam.PNG

Yes, same instruction. But not sure what this means: "6C (Manual tr.) > long coding: 0484020102002017000040"  (I have manual gear)

Otherwise all has been followed and confirmed.

Okay, I get it now. But because I get the error message when entering 6C, I am not able to read out this code :crying: Any ideas?

That would be the coding string that should be present when you edit the bit settings for each byte in long coding. I'd check to ensure that the correct bits are set, as you may have other options on your car which are then disabled by that code string if you simply cut and paste.

Isn't the 6C control module for the Highline model only?

Though I still didn't do it, the instructions I have to activate the lowline RVC are:

Controller 5C

Coding

Byte 19 - Activated bit 4

Controller 10 or 76

Coding

Byte 2 - Activate bit 4

4 hours ago, jbastos said:

Isn't the 6C control module for the Highline model only?

Though I still didn't do it, the instructions I have to activate the lowline RVC are:

Controller 5C

Coding

Byte 19 - Activated bit 4

Controller 10 or 76

Coding

Byte 2 - Activate bit 4

Hi Jbastos,

I think the Lowline coding did the trick :).

The camera picture came on, as soon as I put the car in reverse.

Thank you all for the good advice.

2 hours ago, Kgn said:

I think the Lowline coding did the trick :).

Cool, I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, but good to know it works :)

From my understanding there are two models:

High model that adjusts the lines on the screen as you steer, this model needs the rear view camera system module (6C), bought as a kit with the camera or separately.

Low model that only shows straight lines, no module needed, just camera and cable.

Coding is different and I believe the High model also uses two extra cables to connect to the CAN bus.

Excelent, that makes absolute good sense. That is why I wasn't able to communicate with the controller - as I dont have the controller :cool:

I am very grateful for the help :blush

I’ve asked and been told that with an MIB2 head unit, an additional camera controller for the highline camera is not necessary? I stand to be corrected though.

If it is required, does anyone know the part number and where it is to be installed in the car?

Edited by wg100

I'd really like to do this, perhaps with a cheaper version of compatible camera but its the chassis modification that I can't bear tackling.

Would be really good if more options came about for no modification, I know there was one regarding number plate lamps but they aren't common place and quality isn't clear. I think they are from aliexpress

• 2 years later...
On 20/06/2018 at 08:35, arnold said:

Hi everybody

I also installed a Highline camera from VWmodul like a month ago, but i skipped the washer part because i could not see where to attach it.

I saw a picture in that PDF, but where is that located exactly? ( I have a Superb)

can somebody help me out with an explanation? 

Hi all

Not sure if this is the appropriate thread but:

I bought a rear camera from ebay which was fine but the lines did not move and the picture wasnt great, that had 2-wires into the plug on the MIB .  I upgraded to one from Aliexpress which was recommend on a thread and this as more wires.  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000164914793.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.73e14c4dfQHeyz

On  this the lines move and the picture is much better.  I have a removable tow bar and removable connecting plug/adaptor. 

There is some odd behaviour from the camera/car which perhaps someone can clarify?

1. With no tow bar fitted or connector fitted, sometimes I momentarily see most of the number plate as if the camera is looking down before it then shows the normal view behind the car.  Its as if the camera has more than one mode/position.  This could be a mode for looking at the tow ball?  
  2. With the tow bar and connector plug fitted, but nothing hitched or connected, the camera sometimes shows a shaded semicircle from the back of the car over the tow bar.  This is not always there.  This seems odd because from what I understand having  wired the tow bar, the connector is straight through  to allow the electric for the towed electrics to be connected.   So how would the car know I have fitted the electrical connector?  Perhaps the parking sensors are seeing something?
  3. With the tow bar and connector plug fitted, but nothing hitched or connected, the camera usually shows the normal view behind the car.  As mentioned the picture is excellent and the picture of the tow ball when reversing to connect is really clear allowing visual as close as 3cm from the bumper, the tow ball is approx 10cm from the bumper 😀

Thanks Simon