Direct download links for ECE 2018/2019 maps

2 hours ago, MartiniB said:

for Amundsen Mib1
6.2 GB   http://vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.com/P89_N60S3MIBS2_EU.7z

330 MB   http://vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.com/P57_N60S3MIBS2_ROW.7z

Files inside:    2019.Okt

Downloaded the first one and currently copying it over to a Skoda SD card - looking good.

Thanks MartiniB :thumbup:

P.S. The new files are now live on the VW website, but the Skoda prital is still showing the (old) 2019/20 ones.

1 hour ago, TheWanderer said:

Does anyone know where can you get a Skoda 32Gb SD card from?

(Just in case I end up keeping my car)

My SE Technology came with a 32Gb card from the factory.

Škoda service partner only - as much as I know...

Škoda service partner only - as much as I know...

48 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

The new files are now live on the VW website

which car select to able see countries list and coverage picture for Amundsen MIB1?

like for Amundsen MIB2

European Countries – Package 1 13,5 GB
Albania *, Andorra, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina *, Bulgaria *, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, France, Gibraltar, Greece, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Kosovo *, Croatia *, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Macedonia (Former Yugoslav Republic) *, Moldova *, Monaco, Montenegro *, Netherlands, Norway, Austria, Poland *, Portugal, Romania *, San Marino, Sweden, Switzerland, Serbia *, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Czech Republic, Ukraine *, Hungary, Vatican City, United Kingdom, Belarus *, Cyprus *

4yAAAgDMKeA-960.jpg
Publicized: 2019.11.18
Files inside: 2019.Sep
vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.…rMedia2_EU_AS_1430_V12.7z

European countries — variant 1.
Andorra, Belgium, Gibraltar, Iceland, Ireland, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, United Kingdom3uAAAgDMKeA-960.jpg

European countries — variant 2.
Albania *, Bosnia and Herzegovina *, Bulgaria *, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Kazakhstan *, Kosovo *, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia (former Yugoslav Republic) *, Moldova *, Montenegro *, Norway, Romania *, Russia *, Sweden, Serbia *, Ukraine *, Belarus *, Cyprus *NFAAAgDMKeA-960.jpg

European countries — variant 3.
Germany, Italy, Croatia *, Liechtenstein, Malta *, Austria, Poland *, San Marino, Switzerland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Vatican CityQwAAAgLMKeA-960.jpg
vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.…verMedia2_EU3_1420_V12.7z

European countries — variant 4.
Andorra, Belgium, Germany, France, Italy, Croatia *, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta *, Monaco, Netherlands, Austria, Poland *, San Marino, Switzerland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Vatican City

A0AAAgLMKeA-960.jpg
vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.…Media2_EU_DL1_1420_V12.7z

European countries — variant 5.
Andorra, Belgium, Germany, France, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Croatia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta *, Monaco, Netherlands, Austria, Poland, San Marino, Switzerland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Vatican City, United Kingdom

GKAAAgLMKeA-960.jpg
vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.…Media2_EU_DL2_1420_V12.7z

European countries — variant 6.
Andorra, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, Finland, France, Ireland, Iceland, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, United KingdomGmAAAgLMKeA-960.jpg
vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.…Media2_EU_DL3_1420_V12.7z

European countries — variant 7.
Albania *, Bosnia and Herzegovina *, Bulgaria *, Estonia, Greece, Italy, Kosovo *, Croatia *, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Malta *, Macedonia (former Yugoslav Republic) *, Moldova, Montenegro *, Austria, Poland *, Romania *, San Marino, Switzerland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Serbia *, Ukraine *, Turkey *, Belarus *, Vatican City, Cyprus-JAAAgLMKeA-960.jpg
vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.…Media2_EU_DL4_1310_V11.7z

Non-European countries — variant 1.
Israel, Argentina, Brazil, Fr. Guyana *, Guadeloupe *, Martinique *, Mexico, Turkey *09AAAgLMKeA-960.jpg
--vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.…erMedia2_MRM1_1430_V12.7z

Non-European countries — variant 2.
India *, Chile *

OAAAAgHMKeA-960.jpg
--vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.…erMedia2_MRM2_1430_V12.7z

Non-European countries — variant 3.
Australia, New Zealand, Botswana *, Lesotho *, Mozambique *, Namibia *, South Africa, Swaziland *; Reunion *, Brunei, Indonesia *, Malaysia *, Philippines *, Singapore, Thailand, Egypt *, Algeria *, Bahrain *, Jordan *, Qatar *, Kuwait, Morocco, Oman *, Saudi Arbien *, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates *5kAAAgHMKeA-960.jpg
vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.…erMedia2_MRM3_1420_V12.7z

1 hour ago, SHIRI said:

I have posted everything you need like 2 posts back... I have 16GB card and ALL fits on it for now.

I have 2 original Amundsen MIB1 SD cards and they are both 8GB - so for the last 3 years I have had to reformat them with either 2048 or 4096 cluster size for the maps to fit.

1 hour ago, MartiniB said:

which car select to able see countries list and coverage picture for Amundsen MIB1?

Golf until 2015, then Discover Media will show the maps for the Amundsen MIB1

As you can see the European map has been updated (7th November 2019), but the non-European is still an old one dated 10th January 2018.

image.thumb.png.c7d54584fa137918cf4536c05d245207.png

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, laca29 said:

2019 map and sd card cid?

What's your question/point?

You asked what maps will download onto the SD card that you posted a picture of, I replied that card is used on an Amundsen MIB2.

So you need to look at the links posted by MartiniB and download the Amundsen MIB2 map you need.

1 minute ago, PetrolDave said:

What's your question/point?

You asked what maps will download onto the SD card that you posted a picture of, I replied that card is used on an Amundsen MIB2.

So you need to look at the links posted by MartiniB and download the Amundsen MIB2 map you need.

Thanks

16 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

but the non-European is still an old one dated 10th January 2018.

[download] button goes to P51
while server contains next releases P54 and P57

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/11/2019 at 08:12, MartiniB said:

[download] button goes to P51
while server contains next releases P54 and P57

Yet even whole EU 1430 is about year old map!!! No matter 'files inside' are dated from September 2019, maps are much older. For instance, I checked some road segments built and opened in June (and I saw them in July on Here Maps web site online, so they have been put into maps) are not in latest VW update 'from September'.

I wonder how they are not ashamed... Yet I guess they are making so big money management is fine and customers are happy as noone complaints... So there we are.

12 hours ago, pa_ko said:

is about year old map!

yes, earlier(2017; 2017/2018; 2018) updates were provided directly from navigation.com(Here) portal

no claims, simple answer:

there are huge count of alternatives -
for daily routes i prefer Waze
for longer trips Google Maps + Waze

• Like 1

The only issue I have with Google Maps is, it can remember things when you really don't want it to.

Like the other week when I plugged it in and it connected to the infotainment system screen and bought up the address of an "Adult entertainment & toy" store I'd visited a little while ago... 🤭😳😈

Edited by TheWanderer

• 4 months later...

I don't know or particularly care what the current maps are for either VW or Skoda at the moment.

Given up, wasting my internet download time to the cars crappy sat nav system as it keeps resetting itself and the T,D & Y to 00:00:00 & 01/01/1970! 

image.png.39a0ee7059cbed28034f3d97923232d2.png

On 21/11/2019 at 18:56, PetrolDave said:

If you have an Amundsen then no, it MUST be a genuine Skoda SD card as they have hidden secure data that the Amundsen requires.

Call me thick but - if you formatt the card how does the "hidden secure data" stay on the card?

Edited by vRS G60

30 minutes ago, vRS G60 said:

Call me thick but - if you formatt the card how does the "hidden secure data" stay on the card?

The "hidden secure data" is stored on a separate part of the card that is not affected by the format. It is quite literally "hidden" and can't be seen by the computer doing the formatting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BOD20 said:

The "hidden secure data" is stored on a separate part of the card that is not affected by the format. It is quite literally "hidden" and can't be seen by the computer doing the formatting.

Thanks. I'll give it a go although it looks fraught with danger !

3 hours ago, vRS G60 said:

It'll be a separate partition - when you format any drive, you format just the partition you can see.

Now if you started using disk partition software and removing partitions then you'll be in trouble.....