Direct download links for ECE 2018/2019 maps

5 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Are the MIB2 Amundsen maps still ECE 2018? I can’t tell from my phone sadly.

They are ECE 2018/2019 - this same link was discussed elsewhere on the Seat forum.

I am about to slide the card into the car soon, so I can get you some photos.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaco2k said:

They are ECE 2018/2019 - this same link was discussed elsewhere on the Seat forum.

I am about to slide the card into the car soon, so I can get you some photos.

This is my car after the update:

zwHXrMS.jpg

Edited by Jaco2k
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Ideal, thanks. Mine say ECE 2018 so these must be different. Will update mine later :)

Someone said in Seat forum this database is dated April 2018, so they must be pretty recent maps...

...not that I use the built in navigation much (Waze and AndroidAuto here...) but always nice to have as a backup.

Also, the speed limit recognition system always gets confused and throws an error in a new tunnel we got here, so I am hoping this update will get rid of that.

• Like 1

Hi, I just picked up my vRS yesterday and they gave 2017 maps so I've downloaded the update from the Skoda portal and wondering if I can just overwrite the maps on that SD card? On the update steps on their website it says you need the OEM card so to me would read as update over that. I don't have any spare SD cards about so if I can overwrite then great :thumbup:

5 hours ago, AvRS said:

Hi, I just picked up my vRS yesterday and they gave 2017 maps so I've downloaded the update from the Skoda portal and wondering if I can just overwrite the maps on that SD card? On the update steps on their website it says you need the OEM card so to me would read as update over that. I don't have any spare SD cards about so if I can overwrite then great :thumbup:

Yep, delete or (quick)format your Skoda SD card, and simply copy the files to the empty card.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, aki78 said:

Yep, delete or (quick)format your Skoda SD card, and simply copy the files to the empty card.

Better - backup the files on the SD card first so you can revert to them if necessary :wink:

• Thanks 1

Is this different to the one on the Skoda portal website? I'm ROW rather than ECE.

The one from this website: http://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/en-US/Updates/ says that I have an MRM_2018 update but when putting it on the SD card in various ways (with the MIB1 and 2 together, with the MIB1 alone to the MIB2 alone) it still doesn't recognise it after clicking on "Update" in the System Information section of the menu.

The car recognised a “new software update” is available as soon as I put the SD card with the update into either card slot but when asking it to update through the menu this is what it says:

65A50BDF-F881-4F57-BAB3-DD707D853F44.jpeg

On 01/07/2018 at 03:48, SkodaAsh said:

I can’t find out whether I have MIB1 or 2 on my vRS 2016/17 model. Anyone got any ideas how to get the update to work?

906B9ECA-DF6F-4DD0-AC5E-2ADA242031CB.jpeg

An MY17 should be a MIB2