ride still too harsh

ARTURO-B

Coming from the dear old Yeti I do like the gadgets on the Karoq but i think the suspension is really no better. My car was delivered in March with tyres set at 45psi (way way too high) so I lowered them to 35PSI and now 30PSI which is probably about right as there are usually just 2 of us and no luggage (the setting seems to be for 3 people/3luggage minimum).    Not sure what others find but I just do not like the obtrusive ride on the car and certainly would not lease another one. 

It's not possible to comment unless we know which wheels/tyres you have. If it happens to be 19" wheels, I am not surprised.

I do not feel the ride too harsh with the recommended 2.7 bar on mine. You can see the details below.

• Like 1

I never road tested the Seat Ateca as it had a well publicised harsh ride.

The Karoq ride was acceptable when I drove an Edition with 19 inch wheels. The 18 inch give a slightly softer ride.

German cars traditionally have a firmer suspension and Skoda use German running gear.

That said, i think the ride on an SE L is about spot on.

In addition to lowering the pressure, the Bridgestone Turanzas on my Fabia took several weeks to soften. As an above poster mentioned, alloy size matter.  If comfort is a priority then opt for the smallest alloy size possible.

Was your Yeti AWD and did it have independent rear suspension?

I could be wrong, since I never had a Yeti, but I thought that it had a multi-link rear suspension even on 2WD options.

A similar complaint amongst the Octavia (non-vRS) owners who found that their multi-link rear suspended mk2 became the cheaper torsion bar rear on the Mk3.

I know it is a very personal issue but I switched from 4 x 4 Yeti to the 2wd Karoq (both on 17" wheels) and I can't say the Karoq is any harsher on ride even with the cheaper torsion beam on the back. It is noisier over some road surfaces but even then that could be tyres. The Yeti was softer when I switched to Cross Climates from the OEM Pirellis. The Karoq has Hankooks which are on the noisy side.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi  Just got my DSG 1.5 Karoq with 19" wheels, ride was harsher than the test car but the tyre pressure was at 41psi  I have reduced this to 35psi and ride is very good, I still have my old Yeti fl (son drives it) which overall has similar ride on 17" mitchelins  225 50.  The FWD Yeti in Australia has independent rear suspension though the brochure  said torsion bar.

In Australia the Karoq has just been released.  Only ones available are the launch models. 6 manuals in total and some with sun roof and/or 19" wheels.

Not sure how prices are for UK but I paid $41,000 drive away which is 23,500 pound on the road.

features included were:-

KAROQ 1.5 TSI 
7 speed DSG base model

• 17 inch alloy wheels
  • 5 year warranty with unlimited mileage 
  • Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
  • Front Assist
  • City Emergency Brake
  • 7 Airbags
  • Driver Fatigue Detection
  • Low tyre pressure indicator
  • Advanced Keyless Entry including Smart Start (KESSY)
  • 8" inch 'Bolero' high resolution infotainment system Bluetooth© with voice control, audio and streaming, USB, AUX and SD card slot
  • Apple Car Play and Android Auto
  • 8 Speaker sound system
  • Rear View Camera
  • Rear parking sensors including braking assistant
  • Alarm with interior monitoring, back-up siren, inclination sensor and SAFE system
  • VarioFlex - flexible seats
  • Front seats with height adjustment and lumbar support
  • Climatronic – dual-zone air conditioning
  • LED Interior Ambient lighting and LED door welcome light
  • LED Daytime Running Lights
  • Privacy Glass (window tint)
  • Electric park brake with Auto Hold function
  • Light Assist – Automatic headlight function
  • Rain Sensor - Rain sensing wipers
  • Front Fog Lights
  • 3 spoke sports flat bottom leather steering wheel, radio and telephone controls, height and reach adjustable
  • Roof rails - Silver
  • Double-sided mat in luggage compartment
  • 2 Tablet Holders
  • cargo elements 
  • Full size steel spare wheel (215 60 16")

Launch Pack (Limited Volume) 

• 3 Year/45,000km Free Service Pack
  • Full LED headlights with Adaptive Frontlight System including LED DRL's
  • Leather appointed upholstery and heated front seats
  • 18 inch alloy Wheels
  • Front parking sensors
  • Steel pedals
  • Virtual Pedal – hands free electric tailgate open and close
  • 9.2 inch 'Columbus' Satellite Navigation including gesture control and 10 years MapCare 
  • Park Assist 3.0 – Auto parking pilot for parallel, parallel exit, reverse and forward perpendicular
  • Drive Mode Select
  • Personalisation (vehicle set up) via 3 keys
  • Wireless Charging
  • DAB+
  • Lane Assist
  • Side Assist - Blind Spot Detection
  • Rear Traffic Alert
  • Electric driver's seat with memory function
  • Foldable auto dimming door mirrors with memory function and down lighting
  • Front heated seats

Panoramic Sunroof RRP $1,900

Metallic/Pearl Effect paint RRP $700

19 inch alloy wheels RRP $700

Mine with 19" wheels was 23,500 pound. On the road no more to pay.

very pleased  so far 

TJ

hi

can't get the heated windshield or steering wheel and there is no ice scraper in the fuel door in Australia.  Only the one engine 1.5 tsi.  We won't see  the 1.0 tsi and maybe no diesels.   Also AUS Skoda say  no Scout here either but expect the sports line with 4x4 and 140kw tsi next year.  

TJ

On ‎12‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 09:20, OldKaroq said:

Rip-off Britain yet again?

Agree paid £23,500 for wife's SEL with Moon White metallic and 2 free services but only standard 3 year UK warranty. Ride good on standard 18" alloys and Michelin Primacy tyres. After 6,600 miles car is now averaging 45mpg (1.5Tsi manual).:angry:

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

Agree paid £23,500 for wife's SEL with Moon White metallic and 2 free services but only standard 3 year UK warranty. Ride good on standard 18" alloys and Michelin Primacy tyres. After 6,600 miles car is now averaging 45mpg (1.5Tsi manual).:angry:

I think my 1.5TSI  SE L DSG was £25k, but includes extras like heated screen, heated steering wheel,  spare wheel & business grey with the 2 services.

As you say good ride on 18" wheels. After 4k miles im managing 39mpg mostly on a 7 mile commute to and from work and its months since I have been on a motorway or long journey, so im happy with that.

Soooo much better that the Sportage First Edition it replaced!!

On 12/08/2018 at 10:40, TrevOz said:

can't get the heated windshield or steering wheel and there is no ice scraper in the fuel door in Australia. 

Do you need these in Aussie land with all that arctic weather you get ? :biggrin:

On 12/08/2018 at 08:21, TrevOz said:

KAROQ 1.5 TSI 

7 speed DSG base model

• 5 year warranty with unlimited mileage 
  • Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
  • Advanced Keyless Entry including Smart Start (KESSY)
  • Rear View Camera
  • Alarm with interior monitoring, back-up siren, inclination sensor and SAFE system
  • VarioFlex - flexible seats
  • LED Interior Ambient lighting and LED door welcome light
  • 3 spoke sports flat bottom leather steering wheel, radio and telephone controls, height and reach adjustable
  • Double-sided mat in luggage compartment
  • Full size steel spare wheel (215 60 16")

And you get all these on the base model ?? :wondering:

1 hour ago, Panther_uk said:

Do you need these in Aussie land with all that arctic weather you get ? :biggrin:

In winter it gets cold in the mountains where they put Canberra.

Lots of sub zero mornings to wake up to.

Similar situation in the desert areas and a scraper would be handy in both places.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, agedbriar said:

I wonder what the Danes think about that. :wink:

The would be happy to subsidize  anybody if that means getting UK prices. :cool:.  Not so much discussion about  small stuff between dealers and customers either.

Edited by Agerbundsen

13 hours ago, Panther_uk said:

And you get all these on the base model ?? :wondering:

Yes, the Yeti was well spec'ed in Australia as well.  The base model manual Karoq is 18,800 pound drive away  before you neg the price down. Unfortunately these base models will probably not arrive here till the end of the year.  Only the launch Edition Karoq are available now.  Price difference is partly due to UK 20% VAT while VAT (called GST in AUS) here is 10%.

TJ