Citigo Electric

Ronn

5 hours ago, Gerrycan said:

I will be sure to tell my elderly and infirm in-law that she cannot come up for coffee because some moron says she ought to be able to cycle the short distance.

How she going to get into the car? 😂

11 hours ago, Ronn said:

How she going to get into the car? 😂

Well she still has more mobility than you have humour.

Edited by Gerrycan
  • Like 1

Just found the new manual for the Mii electric on Seat UK website - will give a good idea of systems on the Citigo e for anyone seeking a bit of info in advance.

https://www.seat.co.uk/datamanual-manual/mii_electric/my20_w46/en-uk/Mii_Electric_11_19_EN.pdf

Just used the Skoda Configurator for the new Citigoe. Got the spec close as I could to the Mii electric and found it was quite a bit more expensive. Biggest issue was Candy White paint at £540. It looks like Seat have possibly pitched their offering to be more attractive than Skoda’s. Also no sign of a deposit contribution on finance. 

SEAT Norway did a fun thing in which you can have a Mii like a mobile phone plan, you pay a fixed price (165GBP) including services, insurance and so fourth. You can have the car up to three years or deliver it back after a month. 

Edited by BGB
  • Like 1

On 11/12/2019 at 11:34, rkenny said:

Just found the new manual for the Mii electric on Seat UK website - will give a good idea of systems on the Citigo e for anyone seeking a bit of info in advance.

https://www.seat.co.uk/datamanual-manual/mii_electric/my20_w46/en-uk/Mii_Electric_11_19_EN.pdf

Nice to see that the manual has instructions for jump starting 🙂

• Like 1

Welcome.

It is true that production stopped of Petrol Citigo and you can just buy ones already built.

If petrol production has stopped for ever and they will never do petrols again, who knows.

You could buy a New VW petrol Up! as long as they are getting built.

I have just read that the VAG electric city cars all scored just 3 stars in the NCAP test mainly down to the removal of autonomous emergency braking from the cars specification/options. Seems a poor decision to me. I contacted my dealer to ask about it but they did not know the technical reason for AEB being to longer available on the Mii. He said we can cancel the order and get deposit refund if I am really concerned but not sure what to do. Any thoughts?

6 hours ago, Roottootemoot said:

Welcome.

It is true that production stopped of Petrol Citigo and you can just buy ones already built.

If petrol production has stopped for ever and they will never do petrols again, who knows.

You could buy a New VW petrol Up! as long as they are getting built.

Hi and thank you for your reply. I know that electric seems to be the unstoppable way to go, and I have a couple of years left before my pcp contract ends, but unless I will be able to get an electric vehicle that is as convenient and quick to ‘fill up’ as my petrol car and lasts over 300 miles between charges and at a similar purchase price I will be sorely tempted just to keep mine for as long as it it practical to do so.

6 hours ago, rkenny said:

I have just read that the VAG electric city cars all scored just 3 stars in the NCAP test mainly down to the removal of autonomous emergency braking from the cars specification/options. Seems a poor decision to me. I contacted my dealer to ask about it but they did not know the technical reason for AEB being to longer available on the Mii. He said we can cancel the order and get deposit refund if I am really concerned but not sure what to do. Any thoughts?

You get lane assist instead. 

Emergency braking was under 30km/h anyway so how important it is? Not important and that's why they does not offer it anymore. 

• Thanks 1

I entirely agree with you CitogoBob. 

They ai t going to get me out of Petrol until they work a lot, lot hstder & make Electric much much more attractive to the purchaser... 

21 hours ago, CitigoBob said:

Hi and thank you for your reply. I know that electric seems to be the unstoppable way to go, and I have a couple of years left before my pcp contract ends, but unless I will be able to get an electric vehicle that is as convenient and quick to ‘fill up’ as my petrol car and lasts over 300 miles between charges and at a similar purchase price I will be sorely tempted just to keep mine for as long as it it practical to do so.

4 minutes ago, Roottootemoot said:

@Ronn  Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

It seems that 2020 is not the year that you will be getting an EV!   Just a feeling in my water...

If you mix water and electricity you maybe in for a shock and Ronn may buy a Leaf or Prius if he becomes a Hollywood "A" Lister.:party:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

If you mix water and electricity you maybe in for a shock and Ronn may buy a Leaf or Prius if he becomes a Hollywood "A" Lister.:party:

TBH, If we replace my wife's Skoda Citigo greentech in the ear future, I rather like the look of the new Toyota Hybrid that will be available middle of next year.

A brand new model, new sexy shape, loads of new technology & Toyota have re-thought through the Hybrid & totally re-engineered it. 

It looks impressive. 

Also I shall have a look at the brand new Hyundai i10. 

Also a brand new car with loads of technology & a new striking shape, but not a Hybrid. 

I most certainly won't be looking at the new EV Citigo. 

Although I'm 73 we're not ready for God's Waiting Room just yet. 😂