MORE-BHP remap

By driving exactly as you did before upping the power and at the same speed you can actually get improved economy.

You can use the performance get up to speed and then be off the throttle.

As to if their Map / Engine management is any good, no idea.

Or by using the fuel more efficiently, getting more energy out of each litre, with possibly scant regard for the increased pollutants that might be produced by those combustion conditions; because MOTs don't measure NOx.

Edited by Wino
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, toni8b said:

If you have get more bhp how can you have mgp up?

Easy. My car before re-map 110bhp at 2,000 revs, after 126bhp at same revs. Standard produced 248bhp at 5,000 revs, after 302bhp at 5,500 revs. Torque was 395NM before at 2,700 rpm and after 467NM at 2,800 revs.

Long term actual MPG average before was 39.3mpg and now it's 42.45mpg, giving an overall average since new of 40.96MPG. Considering Skoda quotes a combined figure of 42.8mpg for my 6 speed manual car my actual figure is very impressive.

Obviously if you boot it all the time then I could average something like 15MPG but then I probably wouldn't have a driving licence. The extra power & torque allows you to get upto normal speeds more quickly and maintain higher GEARS more often than a standard car

which may need to be in a lower gear at higher revs. This is the reason my current car is the sixth one I've owned with a re-map and turbo cars benefit the most.:D

Edited by shyVRS245
MISSING WORD

3 hours ago, Wino said:

Or by using the fuel more efficiently, getting more energy out of each litre, with possibly scant regard for the increased pollutants that might be produced by those combustion conditions; because MOTs don't measure NOx.

Good fuel also helps in this respect as I can get 60 more miles from 99 octane compared to standard UK 95 octane unleaded per 50 litre tank. For example 440 miles maximum on regular or 500 miles on super.:cool:

9 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Easy. My car before re-map 110bhp at 2,000 revs, after 126bhp at same revs. Standard produced 248bhp at 5,000 revs, after 302bhp at 5,500 revs. Torque was 395NM before at 2,700 rpm and after 467NM at 2,800 revs.

Long term actual MPG average before was 39.3mpg and now it's 42.45mpg, giving an overall average since new of 40.96MPG. Considering Skoda quotes a combined figure of 42.8mpg for my 6 speed manual car my actual figure is very impressive.

Obviously if you boot it all the time then I could average something like 15MPG but then I probably wouldn't have a driving licence. The extra power & torque allows you to get upto normal speeds more quickly and maintain higher GEARS more often than a standard car

which may need to be in a lower gear at higher revs. This is the reason my current car is the sixth one I've owned with a re-map and turbo cars benefit the most.:D

Still I think this belongs to the "laboratory conditions" driving. Maybe if your car is to weak to start with and they you add more power, you could benefit. I dont have the same experiences with fuel economy after using DTUK box, that said, I am using aggressive box setting, not fuel economy wise.

• Like 1

I was looking at one of these instead of a remap as I need something that can be removed at the end of my lease. What would you think to this instead?

https://tdi-tuning.com/car/skoda/octavia/20-tdi-148-bhp-150-ps-110-kw-320-nm-236-lbft/crtd4-twin-channel-diesel-tuning-box-chip

On 17/08/2018 at 21:06, ebakke84 said:

Hi!

Planning to remap my 2.0TDI 150hk

Have anyone here used tuning files from more-bhp on MK3 TDI? happy or not? MPG up or down after remap? 

Hi mate I used shark for my remap and it is absolutely spot on. I asked them about doing my wife’s fiat 500x but they don’t do it so they recommended I went to MOREBHP for it. They come highly recommended and their Facebook page shows some really nice work. Will be going there when the pennies allow for the 500x remap. 

Shark I believe now has gone into liquidation, no idea why and it’s sad to see because they were fantastic mappers and guys. However good news is that Ben the map writer and developer from shark is now with a company called racing line performance in Milton Keynes. I’m a massive fan of bens work so I’d be considering going there for a vag group car. 

5 hours ago, Esseesse200 said:

Hi mate I used shark for my remap and it is absolutely spot on. I asked them about doing my wife’s fiat 500x but they don’t do it so they recommended I went to MOREBHP for it. They come highly recommended and their Facebook page shows some really nice work. Will be going there when the pennies allow for the 500x remap. 

Shark I believe now has gone into liquidation, no idea why and it’s sad to see because they were fantastic mappers and guys. However good news is that Ben the map writer and developer from shark is now with a company called racing line performance in Milton Keynes. I’m a massive fan of bens work so I’d be considering going there for a vag group car. 

Hi!

thanks for your post.

I tuned my Octavia with file from MOREBHP on Friday with big success, the car is like a new one :D

long driving today 0,5L/10KM (same as before tuning) and a looot better performance, logged 420nm with VCDS.

If I go WOT the boost/torque are instant compared to stock.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...