What have you done to your Superb III today?

On 20/09/2018 at 12:39, bbuchan8 said:

Not quite today, but last week!

I put my MY18 Superb Sportine 206TSI 4x4 (or 280 for you Europeans) on the dyno to get my JB4 further tweaked.

Ended up with ¬220kW or ¬300PS at all 4 wheels, or approximately (if using 20% drive train loss) 260kW / 360PS at the engine. B)

Interesting stock result (map 0) which was very strong at 183.5kW or 250PS at the wheels.

Mods: BMS JB4 tuner, 034 Motorsports P34 intake, CTS turbo inlet.

Awesome results. I guess you need all that power to get away from all the wild animals in Australia.

• Haha 1
  • Groan 1

Spent the day with rubbing compound, a bottle of touch up paint and a fine brush, caring for the self-inflicted chips and grazes from my 23-day trip to Sicily. Not too bad, really. You have to get up very close to see the work.

I have to say that car did the 3,500 mile trip with nary a hiccup and I was very grateful for the adaptive suspension on some very challenging roads. 38.6 mpg.

The vulcanised tyre must have been turned on the rim, because I can't see where the repair was done. 

Second service on Monday at 13,500 miles.

• Like 1

Today, like many other days, I have not touched my Superb.  :toivo:

Its in my garage with the battery charger maintaining showing 13.33v and 10-12mA. :thumbup:

Its started raining, :rain: so it stays in the garage......:coffee:

2 hours ago, xman said:

Today, like many other days, I have not touched my Superb.  :toivo:

Its in my garage with the battery charger maintaining showing 13.33v and 10-12mA. :thumbup:

Its started raining, :rain: so it stays in the garage......:coffee:

Serves you right for buying the convertible...

• Haha 1

The Big Red Bus had its second service today. £189. They gave me a report on the condition of my tyres – there was no mention of the vulcanising on the right rear. Also, it was inspected and checked for service updates. There were none and there was no mention of the DTUK Pedal Box, which I have left in place for two services now.

• Like 1

On 20/09/2018 at 11:39, bbuchan8 said:

Not quite today, but last week!

I put my MY18 Superb Sportine 206TSI 4x4 (or 280 for you Europeans) on the dyno to get my JB4 further tweaked.

Ended up with ¬220kW or ¬300PS at all 4 wheels, or approximately (if using 20% drive train loss) 260kW / 360PS at the engine. B)

Interesting stock result (map 0) which was very strong at 183.5kW or 250PS at the wheels.

Mods: BMS JB4 tuner, 034 Motorsports P34 intake, CTS turbo inlet.

mZQo54r.jpgYVhwI4A.jpg

Interesting numbers.  So is that approx 308 BHP at the engine?    

What fuel was in the car when you did the dyno runs? 

Not the first time I've heard that the the stock '280' PS engines are producing way more.  I've seen other posts about the 280 Leon Cupra producing high 290/low 300 dyno results.  In fact someone who was heavily involved in remap development for the EA888 engines claimed the stock maps on the Cupra/Golf R/S3 are practically the same.  

Edited by penguin17

2 hours ago, freelunch said:

The Big Red Bus had its second service today. £189. They gave me a report on the condition of my tyres – there was no mention of the vulcanising on the right rear. Also, it was inspected and checked for service updates. There were none and there was no mention of the DTUK Pedal Box, which I have left in place for two services now.

Good news on all counts B)

8 hours ago, penguin17 said:

Interesting numbers.  So is that approx 308 BHP at the engine?    

What fuel was in the car when you did the dyno runs? 

Not the first time I've heard that the the stock '280' PS engines are producing way more.  I've seen other posts about the 280 Leon Cupra producing high 290/low 300 dyno results.  In fact someone who was heavily involved in remap development for the EA888 engines claimed the stock maps on the Cupra/Golf R/S3 are practically the same.  

Yes interesting stock numbers for sure. This was on Australian Premium 98 octane.

On this same dyno, even new MK7.5 Golf R's were getting around 175-180kW at the wheels stock, and similar torque readings. So this makes me think the Superb does not have the detuned version 206kW/280PS, but in fact the same 220kW/300PS tune as the Golf R.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bbuchan8 said:

Yes interesting stock numbers for sure. This was on Australian Premium 98 octane.

On this same dyno, even new MK7.5 Golf R's were getting around 175-180kW at the wheels stock, and similar torque readings. So this makes me think the Superb does not have the detuned version 206kW/280PS, but in fact the same 220kW/300PS tune as the Golf R.

I don’t doubt that.  I think a lot of it is to do with marketing and maintaining the VAG brand hierarchy. 

Regardless, its a gem of an engine. 

• 3 weeks later...

Today:

Car valeted. 

Scheduled car for 2nd service in December. 

Ordered a replacement door umbrella due to premature failure. 

Noticed after 11000 miles from new the front tyres have approximately 2mm tread remaining. Rears have 4mm plus. 

Are these cars notorious for consuming front tyres? It's hardly a nose heavy car (2.0 tsi) so can't be that it's heavy over the front axle? 

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Adrian55555 said:

Yes it is, so far its doing really well, its been on a couple months and been washed prob 6-7 times since its been applied too. 

Crikey, you have too much spare time on your hands :o

Oh look......you missed a bit......right there.....:mmm::giggle:

My car has been washed a grand total of zero times in 8 months....eco mode.....:happy::angel: