Both rear fog lights, How-to GUIDE!

cristianene

Some must and nice to have prerequisites:

Musts:

Cable: 1.5-2m

Torx T25 screwdriver

Electrical tape

Prying tool (or a flat screwdriver with some electrical tape on it so you won't scratch the paint job)

Nice to have: 

Soldering gun 

Cable connector so you would be able to connect to the other light without cutting the cable. 

c77b7aa7-1ed6-47b9-af74-732f9283f760.jpg    or     731.jpg

Pin connector (I found the entire set it in an electrical store) If you have an old computer lying around, I bet you can find this connector in there . Photo in attachment. 

IMG_20180919_024004.jpg

Edited by cristianene
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

So, it didn't go exactly as planned, but meh! 

The connectors I found, the multicolored ones are not good. It should have been one size bigger. Lucky for me, the mechanic had some spare cables lying around and I could take one plug from a proximity sensor (I think) and disassembled the darn thing for ONE female terminal connector, so I could use it. 

Duration, 30 mins, +-15

As a suggestion, try finding T-Taps. I couldn't find any, so I had to cut and join 3 wires, and after I used shrink tube.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 21/09/2018 at 16:29, cristianene said:

Yup! That's all! No coding, no VCDS, no nothing. 

Just one wire or a (+) and (-)?

great thread btw, very useful thank you :thumbup:

I see from your profile that you have a Superb II as well.

Would you not want to do that one too and post a how to.... Just because I have a Superb II and have thought about a 2. rear fog light.

Sorry, a bit cheeky.

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 18:22, cristianene said:

Well.. sorry to answer this late... yep only ONE wire... no + -, just one! easy peasy

Thanks for the reply - I guess it's just the positive feed that needs adding, and the earth is already wired into the connector?

:biggrin:

yep, just positive from the other light. Just imagine them in the mirror! It's an L shape on the left with cables... you should do the same on the right but mirrored. 

The hard part in this entire operation is finding the exact metal pin by size. 

Edited by cristianene

On 01/12/2018 at 13:26, Gazdok said:

I see from your profile that you have a Superb II as well.

Would you not want to do that one too and post a how to.... Just because I have a Superb II and have thought about a 2. rear fog light.

Sorry, a bit cheeky.

I'm not sure, but for the Superb 2 you can do the coding via VCDS

I have a VCP and VCDS and neither allow the 2. fog light to come on. VCP is probably more advanced and I have not seen any posts that describe that it works via coding.

But right and left hand drive have one on the opposite sight I think.

5 minutes ago, Gazdok said:

I have a VCP and VCDS and neither allow the 2. fog light to come on. VCP is probably more advanced and I have not seen any posts that describe that it works via coding.

But right and left hand drive have one on the opposite sight I think.

I thought the MK2 Superb had both fogs enabled as default?

The only exception was when LED rear clusters are fitted, I'm pretty sure in this case, there isn't an LED fitted to both sides.

VCP can definitely enable the second fog if fitted on PQ35 based cars.

I have the LED FL version. I think I have 2x LED fog lights fitted but only one activated. I have checked on the wiring diagram but have not attempted an activation across yet. Rear light cluster wiring.pdf

M4 on the left tail light has a NSL - Nebelschlußleuchte - as well as M42 on the right, but it is not connected on the left.

I have messed up my rear cluster when I tried to activate with VCP and back to square one.

Pretty sure the wire missing from your diagram would be between J519 T52a/6 and T2a/a near the cluster. At least based on earlier Superbs which had two halogen fogs...

To do this mod properly, you should add that wire that wire then use VCP to enable the fog light. Happy to help with the latter if you drop me a PM.

Obviously it's probably easier to just bridge the two fog lights together although there is a small chance of a bulb warning :)

On 04/12/2018 at 22:17, Gazdok said:

I have the LED FL version. I think I have 2x LED fog lights fitted but only one activated. I have checked on the wiring diagram but have not attempted an activation across yet. Rear light cluster wiring.pdf

M4 on the left tail light has a NSL - Nebelschlußleuchte - as well as M42 on the right, but it is not connected on the left.

I have messed up my rear cluster when I tried to activate with VCP and back to square one.

Are you sure, on the pre-FL halogens there were two bulbs, but on the FL twindoor (full LED) I was on the understanding the fog LED's are only fitted to one side, the same as on the estate?

Silver1011,

You are correct. I had mine out and swapped the over. The fog only lights up in the right one. When you look at the light cluster, it looks as if there is something in the slot for the left fog, but there are no LEDs visible. The reverse is true for the continental  european ones. They seem to have a fog only in the left cluster. The wiring however is the same for left and right.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

These are the part numbers for LED rear light clusters.

UK Left - 3T9945095B - NO LED fog

Skoda 462 FL SX UK
LH F03483500 00

EC Left - 3T9945095A - With LED fog

Skoda 462 FL SX ECE
LH F03483000 00

UK Right - 3T9945096B - With LED fog

Skoda 462 FL DX UK
RH F03484500 00

I did not bother with a EC right as that does not have a LED fog light.

If you would like a LED fog on the right you need to look for a UK right.

It must be more expensive to build 4 different light clusters rather than have 2 for one model.