Superb Turbo replacement options

badgerman

My Superb CR170 went into limp mode twice so took it to local garage who said turbo and actuator failed. Said was £900+VAT for OEM new plus ~£250 to fit. 

Are there cheaper options that are OK? It’s 130k miles and 8 years old. Worried it’s a write off. 

1 minute ago, VWGDT said:

Have you had your emission update software in the last two years? If so it will be covered under the trust-building measures (in the UK anyway, not sure about where you are).

No! Not done it yet!

thanks for your other replies. Will ask the garage. 

Edited by badgerman

I had a similar fault on my 170 superb about 3-4 years ago.

I replaced the actuator, it was a pain to get the old one off just because of its location.

The kit is similar to this one 

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=191828163664&category=63707&pm=1&ds=0&t=1537634357000&ver=0&cspheader=1

my engine is CBBB

The symptoms - car went into limp mode when engine was being revved past about 3000, I was able to clear the fault and it happened again and following some research decided to change the actuator and problem solved. 

Good luck.