Delivery waits

Hi,

I ordered my new Superb in early August and I'm still waiting to hear what my build week will be.  Anyone willing to compare?  Also, any experience you can share on the time between 'build week' and actually getting a car to drive?  I think that I'm looking at something like 7 to 8 months between order and delivery ..... is that normal or am I being taken advantage of?

Cheers.

• Like 1

Petrol? I placed an order for a 280/272 in May. Car was built in August but I'm told that the 1st or 2nd week of November is my expected delivery date. I hope that helps despite it not being great news

Yep - I was ordering the 1.4 petrol auto just at the point that the model year was changing and knew that it would be bumped to the 1.5 engine with an expectation that this would slow things down a bit.  I guess it's just what it is.  Bad planning on my part as I have to hand in my company car at the end of November meaning that I'll end up with 4 + months of renting which will burn a hole in the bank balance!

Ordered my new L & K 150 diesel estate 8th August Week 32, recently heard through the weekly updates from my dealer that the build week is currently week 45 early November !

Thanks for sharing .... I ordered the same week as you so I'm now on the edge of my seat for my next Friday update email from the dealer!

I'll be most disappointed when it arrives with yet another cup and paste of 'no news yet'.

Ordered a Sportline Plus 272 (supposedly an MY19) on 4th of august, got my build week on 14th September - which is BW42 (15-21st October).... No idea on delivery yet.

I guess they have to pass WLTP for that combo first :wondering:

I ordered mine when delivery times were shorter and info from the dealer easier to get. But it still took 3 1/2 months from placing the order to taking delivery. But in all fairness it had been at the dealers a couple of weeks while the calendar turned to March and the new reg.

WLTP is the problem. They need to test every configuration and from what I heard 272 is not necessarily on their priority list as the demand is not that high vs other versions. I ordered mine mid July, build was first week of September and now it’s parked somewhere without any info on delivery date. I’m quite disappointed really and started to browse through offers of cars that are available from dealer stock. I need to have the car by end of this month and I doubt they will do anything to satisfy this need really ;) 

• Sad 1

I've ordered a 190 4x4 L&K recently and I've been told by the dealer 18 to 20 weeks possibly less should have a build week soon. Or by may way of thinking probably more. As said it all comes down to WLTP, they will test the more popular high selling engines first (Diesel ) 

Ordered my 190 l&k estate on 17th aug, been told build is next week and dealer hopes to have it around mid Nov. compared to the original eta of mid jan im pleased so far.... mind you fingers are now very crossed..lol

Regarding WLTP delays, a spokesman for VAG recently said the mass market models are the priority for WLTP with hybrids right at the back of the queue or axed pending new models (with bigger batteries to pull them back down to 50g/km for taxation/subsidy)

So where in the pecking order will your particular Superb engine/model variant be in the Volkswagen group queue.

Based on volume, profit and market share?

Porsche has axed all diesels, and most hybrids. Much rationalisation and rethinking going on it seems.

Yeah, the WLTP is what's screwing up the usual ¨3 months delivery time. So it's just bad timing really, and there isn't much the dealer or the importer can do. WLTP is a huge change in the industry, so we're just unlucky that we had to order new cars after it kicked in. :doh:

Ordered my 272 Superb SportLine (MY2019 with digital dash, etc.) on the 7th of July, got booked for BW35 (last week of August).

The car was indeed built that week, but now it's just parked/stored somewhere due to what they're calling the "banking period", where they just park the cars in wait of them being sellable/certified.

The "banking period" ended on week 39 (last week), so now they're starting to empty this parking lot based on what cars have been WLTP certified/tested.

As per the price sheet here in Norway, we can see that as of 05.09.2018, the following engines have gone through WLTP, and are ready for sale:

image.thumb.png.3023c83fb11340db25ec5403b63d35a5.png

So all those engines that don't have any figures, including my 272, are not yet tested as of that date, and so the dealer estimates that I probably won't get my car until late November, early December.

That is if there are no additional issues...

But if you've ordered one of the engines that now have the WLTP numbers ready, then it's a simple matter of where your car is in this huge storage facility, and how fast they can physically get it out and put it on a train/boat/trailer.

Edited by MaxDrive
  • Like 1

Interesting and puzzling that they're still listing the 1.4tsi and only in auto form. VW bod did say some time ago that many manual transmission variants will be axed.

Edited by xman

I ordered an SEL estate in May.  I ordered petrol/manual, seemingly not the most frequently requested combination.  I was told then that it would be the 1.5 engine, not the 1.4, and that it would be an MY19 car built after the summer shutdown.  I was told BW38.  Latest from the dealer last week is that it is being built *this* week (which I think is probably BW40?).  He is forecasting "end of October/start of November" for delivery, based on an estimate of approx four weeks from factory to forecourt.

(I took my part-exchange car to the dealer last week as the tax and MOT were both due at the end of September and I really didn't want to incur the cost of renewing both!)

I ordered my 272 L&K, MY2019 with digital dashboard, and got an email last week saying that they expect delivery to be in weeks 44 / 45, which is early-mid November I think, seems to be a pretty quick turnaround. Not sure how likely it is though.

Thanks for the shares.  I replied to this week’s ‘no news yet’ email from the dealer in a slightly shirty fashion but am I right to assume that there’s no point at all in giving the dealer a hard time?  They can’t do anything about it at all?

also, presumably if I cancel, the only downside for the dealer is that they need to sell the car to someone else when it does finally arrive?  That doesn’t seem to be any trouble for them!

really wish that i’d Just taken whatever pre-built car was sitting about at the time.

I ordered my 1.5 SE Tech DSG , (later changed to 1.5 SE,due to finance /deposit offers ), around the same time as yours , which was mid August , was told about 20 weeks ,slightly less for the Octavia Extate,but wanted a Superb, absolutely nothing heard from the dealer, until they rang me last week to complete a finance proposal.

Bought a cheap run around in the meantime ,which is due for   M. O. T.  soon ,so I'm stuck with that at the minute.  

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, thought I'd share an update.  I finally got the email saying that my car (ordered early August) would be built in the week commencing 25th November.  

I'm guessing at delivery end of Feb / beginning of March.  ho hum.

That's interesting,I talked to the salesperson last week , and have a good rapport with and she told me the certificate had been issued for the car to be built ,so your info is quite interesting. I suppose that whilst I haven't got the car , I'm not paying for it.  It better be worth it! 

Can also give a quick update. My car started moving two weeks ago, and has now made it all the way to Bremerhaven (harbor) for the final travel by boat to Norway.

This all means that the 272 TSI engine has (finally!!) been approved for sale, and that they're starting to ship them from the factory / "banking facility".

Still haven't seen the WLTP emission numbers, but guess they'll update the price sheets in the next few weeks.

Edited by MaxDrive

11 hours ago, MaxDrive said:

Can also give a quick update. My car started moving two weeks ago, and has now made it all the way to Bremerhaven (harbor) for the final travel by boat to Norway.

This all means that the 272 TSI engine has (finally!!) been approved for sale, and that they're starting to ship them from the factory / "banking facility".

Still haven't seen the WLTP emission numbers, but guess they'll update the price sheets in the next few weeks.

See my post on 280PS thread for WLTP figures..(not sure how to link)

Ordered my Sportline Plus Hatch 2.0 tdi DSG on 19th June. Was told build week 42, and I kicked up a bit of a fuss and was brought forward to week 37. The car arrived in the UK on the 8th October. So a timeframe of 18 weeks. They happily kept the car in storage until the 27th when I collected it on Saturday.