MY2019 vRS orders who's got what coming?

11 minutes ago, Scotty72 said:

Well we're getting closer. Car confirmed at dealer. I've been sent, signed and returned vw finance docs for as PCH today. Next step arrange delivery and insurance cover once docs received. :)

Exciting times! Look forward to the collection photo, perhaps we need a MY19 owners thread....

1 minute ago, ExSEAT said:

Exciting times! Look forward to the collection photo, perhaps we need a MY19 owners thread....

Indeed, I'll be taking some photos, currently they'll be delivering the car to me at home as the preparing dealer is in Milton Keynes. I love the Keynes with its 70 limits and roundabouts everywhere but I guess given I have mechanical sympathy I'll take it easy for at least the first 100 miles lol did I miss a zero there?

Call today from Lancaster VW/Skoda fleet, delivery arranged to my home Tuesday morning at some point given a 4 hour delivery window :)

Edited by Scotty72

33 minutes ago, ExSEAT said:

Im not sure, we're six pages in and no-ones got one, or a photo of one. This is a 'who's waiting' thread :wondering:

Unless someone trumps me (not that orange idiot over the pond) I might be one of the first here to get a proper UK MY19 boggo 245 vRS DSG. By this I mean not the limited run MY18 245s specials.

1 minute ago, Scotty72 said:

Unless someone trumps me (not that orange idiot over the pond) I might be one of the first here to get a proper UK MY19 boggo 245 vRS DSG. By this I mean not the limited run MY18 245s specials.

Yeah mines one of those high spec Limited Edition 245 specials and after 14 months still love to drive it but it is slightly quicker than when it left the factory!:tongueout:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Scotty72 said:

Hopefully i’ll get mine next week too :)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Yeah mines one of those high spec Limited Edition 245 specials and after 14 months still love to drive it but it is slightly quicker than when it left the factory!:tongueout:

Sadly I have to write off any chance mods, needs to say 100% standard as I won't ever own it :)

I would be straight over to the nearest revo dealer for a stage 1 and matching tcu remap for the dsg otherwise (assuming they've released one now) had a Revo stage 1 on my old mk1 leon cupra which basically made it around the power but a bit down on torque to the 245 vRS.

• Sad 1

Sadly I have to write off any chance mods, needs to say 100% standard as I won't ever own it :)

I would be straight over to the nearest revo dealer for a stage 1 and matching tcu remap for the dsg otherwise (assuming they've released one now) had a Revo stage 1 on my old mk1 leon cupra which basically made it around the power but a bit down on torque to the 245 vRS.

Brand new Audi RS3 has 480NM of torque but my 245 now has 517NM which is very amusing. Audi R8 has 550NM from its 5.2litre V10.:D

4 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Brand new Audi RS3 has 480NM of torque but my 245 now has 517NM which is very amusing. Audi R8 has 550NM from its 5.2litre V10.:D

:) good stats, also shame I can't remap to wind my mk7 Golf R owning workmate up

3 minutes ago, Scotty72 said:

:) good stats, also shame I can't remap to wind my mk7 Golf R owning workmate up

Golf R only has 380NM but 245 supposed to have 370NM but using Shell V-Power mine was pushing out 400NM standard so if you can afford it recommend this or Tesco Momentum. Gained 7bhp over standard just using 99 octane fuel.:blink:

• Like 1

@shyVRS245 Thanks for the heads up on the fuel. It will probably run on Morrison's 95 finest for most of the time :) they'll be 'brisk' driving only with the family onboard which most of the car's life will be. I'll be living up to the site name literally. However I will be testing it properly myself ASAP though lol

@shyVRS245 Thanks for the heads up on the fuel. It will probably run on Morrison's 95 finest for most of the time :) they'll be 'brisk' driving only with the family onboard which most of the car's life will be. I'll be living up to the site name literally. However I will be testing it properly myself ASAP though lol

No problem you will like the direct steering which has less turns lock to lock compared to a 220/230 Vrs. That an the VAQ diff make it handle like a go-kart.:blush

• Like 1

19 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Nothing clever about that. I would say 517nm of torque on a VRS is very excessive and pointless. It's because Audi  and all manufacturers limit/modulate the slam of mid range torque that all petrol turbo engines can naturally produce as a) Is very damaging and b) can be very unpleasant to most people and is not needed or usable 99% of the time.. The Focus ST goes over 500nm at stage 1  software only  and its a much worse daily driver for it. Even Mountune keep the mid range torque limited. The Audi RS3 just so happens to produce well over 400hp straight out of the box and can be stage 1 to around 500hp and  600 nm of torque, for a few hundred quid. Why compare a tuned to death vrs with un tuned cars? 

What bothers me about cars your like yours is the fear of ending up with it when someone removes all that stuff and pretends it's always been standard. That is becoming a big problem and needs to be sorted. 

And the VRS hardly handles like a go kart, that's where it does not excel, average in it's class at best. Which other hot hatches have you driven? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, teescom09 said:

Why compare a tuned to death vrs with un tuned cars? 

Stage 2 is hardly tuned to death & if you think it is I'm afraid you are sorely mistaken 

1 hour ago, teescom09 said:

And the VRS hardly handles like a go kart, that's where it does not excel, average in it's class at best.

I take it you're still running the factory fitted P zero's 

1 hour ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Stage 2 is hardly tuned to death & if you think it is I'm afraid you are sorely mistaken 

Having raced karts for 4 years, I wouldn't care if an Octavia has red hot slicks and a diff, they do not handle like go-karts....even figuratively speaking.

3 hours ago, teescom09 said:

Nothing clever about that. I would say 517nm of torque on a VRS is very excessive and pointless. It's because Audi  and all manufacturers limit/modulate the slam of mid range torque that all petrol turbo engines can naturally produce as a) Is very damaging and b) can be very unpleasant to most people and is not needed or usable 99% of the time.. The Focus ST goes over 500nm at stage 1  software only  and its a much worse daily driver for it. Even Mountune keep the mid range torque limited. The Audi RS3 just so happens to produce well over 400hp straight out of the box and can be stage 1 to around 500hp and  600 nm of torque, for a few hundred quid. Why compare a tuned to death vrs with un tuned cars? 

What bothers me about cars your like yours is the fear of ending up with it when someone removes all that stuff and pretends it's always been standard. That is becoming a big problem and needs to be sorted. 

And the VRS hardly handles like a go kart, that's where it does not excel, average in it's class at best. Which other hot hatches have you driven? 

Nobody gonna drive my Focus ST eater except me and the wife so don't worry yourself about me selling it anytime soon. The comparison is relevant because the RS3 costs £45,000 for a basic one and the R8 starts at over £112,000 so the Skoda is an absolute bargain and still averaging over 40mpg which an ST can't manage (have a friend with the standard 247bhp) and he struggles to get 30mpg and gets blown away by my overtuned car.:D

2 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Clearly not a fan of mine or he would know I have Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 235/35R19 wrapped around Audi RS6 8.5J rims front/back so no hot hatch gonna overtake me on a roundabout.:biggrin:

Grip and handling are two different things.

Tyres affect grip, traction, roadholding - whatever you choose to call it.

Suspension, weight, weight balance, driven wheels & centre of gravity all influence 'handling'.

Tyres do NOT affect a car's inherent 'handling'.

And even the 'best' tyres are cr4p when worn...

To illustrate this - I have (only slightly worn) Michelin Pilot Supersports on a 4x4 vRS - it grips exceptionally well, but the 'handling' is still average.

#justsayin

Edited by pist0nbr0ke

9 minutes ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

Grip and handling are two different things.

Tyres affect grip, traction, roadholding - whatever you choose to call it.

Suspension, weight, weight balance, driven wheels & centre of gravity all influence 'handling'.

Tyres do NOT affect a car's inherent 'handling'.

And even the 'best' tyres are cr4p when worn...

To illustrate this - I have (only slightly worn) Michelin Pilot Supersports on a 4x4 vRS - it grips exceptionally well, but the 'handling' is still average.

#justsayin

That will be the heavy diesel engine and 4WD system causing plenty of understeer.:blink:

16 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

That will be the heavy diesel engine and 4WD system causing plenty of understeer.:blink:

Understeer is inherent in many fwd cars, Octavia included. 4x4 also has some understeer, which becomes oversteer if you lift off and recommit quickly. I suspect uprated ARB's would correct this balance.

My point was, you were trying to say that 'no hot hatch was gonna overtake me on a roundabout' due to your wheel and tyre choice. Which is bo11ox, quite frankly. :)

3 minutes ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

Understeer is inherent in many fwd cars, Octavia included. 4x4 also has some understeer, which becomes oversteer if you lift off and recommit quickly. I suspect uprated ARB's would correct this balance.

My point was, you were trying to say that 'no hot hatch was gonna overtake me on a roundabout' due to your wheel and tyre choice. Which is bo11ox, quite frankly. :)

Have you got standard 7.5J rims or wider ones? The extra 2" track front/rear of my car makes a massive difference to the stability of an Octavia without resorting to spacers, ARB's and lowering springs. The difference with the wider Michelins is light years apart unless you have experienced it in my 1,370kg (15kg lighter than an E46 M3 CSL) Vrs245. Done 3,000 miles on these tyres and in 35 years driving are the best I have had on any road car, SIMPLY CLEVER.:tongueout:

235 35 19's on 19 x 7.5's, with 12mm front and 15mm rear spacers. 

Wheel offset will also affect track width, as it is measured from centre of wheels.

Whilst track will marginally affect handling, it doesn't change body roll or overall mass...

Anyway, apologies for the massive thread diversion :blush: