Petrol prices

Sad555

On 08/11/2018 at 09:25, Aspman said:

It only makes sense to switch fuels if you're chopping the car in anyway. Otherwise you'll never make back the preceived saving.

still not regretting my decision to swap to electric, not paid a penny for fuel in the last 4,000 miles.   Still not impressed by the build quality (lack thereof) and features of the Nissan versus any of my Skodas. How can they charge £30k for a car and not even include a warning light to show your windscreen washer fluid is low?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, domhnall said:

How can they charge £30k for a car and not even include a warning light to show your windscreen washer fluid is low?

Too much electricity required for a warning light maybe :giggle:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, xman said:

Too much electricity required for a warning light maybe :giggle:

ROFL. good point, all taken up by  the (surprisingly good) pro pilot system. 

Auld Reekie was not too healthy for children or The Big Smoke back when the Milk was being delivered on Milk Floats.

Electric or horse drawn with sharn on the roads.

Looks like nobody is that keen on building the new Nuclear Power Stations and the electricity we buy now is so costly as the customers are paying to clean up the last generations of the Nuclear.

Nobody bothers that the 'Reactors' were in the North of the UK not really as an experiment but to produce the stuff to kill millions of children, adults and animals.

Still is really to have the ability to threaten to blow anyone The Donald dislikes off the face of the earth.

Volkswagen Audi Group loved children, they would never harm them...  Unless it made them billions.

Edited by Offski

1 hour ago, domhnall said:

still not regretting my decision to swap to electric, not paid a penny for fuel in the last 4,000 miles.   Still not impressed by the build quality (lack thereof) and features of the Nissan versus any of my Skodas. How can they charge £30k for a car and not even include a warning light to show your windscreen washer fluid is low?

Never mind the quality, feel the righteousness!

• Haha 1

Just now, Aspman said:

American movie "A" list stars used to buy Toyota Prius for their public image when seen about doing normal stuff. Bet they traded them in for a Tesla now, more fun and more pleasing for the enviromental lobbyists.:D

own here in the outback south west texaco diesel is around the 1.35 mark

my average tank fillup shows 56mpg with occassional 64mpg on a relaxing drive over 50 miles

its a lot better going down hills though...;)

Oil down to around $60 a barrel which it was at the beginning of the year, when we were paying £1.20 - £1.25.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aspman said:

Never mind the righteousness, feel the zero road tax and zero fuel bills. That's much more important. 0⃣

• Like 1

• "The world will run out of oil in 10 years."
    • - U.S. Bureau of Mines (1914)

• "The world will run out of oil in 13 years."
    • - U.S. Department of the Interior (1939 and 1950)

• "The world will run out of oil and other fossil fuels by 1990."
    • - Paul Erlich, Limits to Growth (1973)

• "The world will run out of oil in 2030, and other fossil fuels in 2050."
    • - Paul Erlich, Beyond the Limit (2002)

31 minutes ago, moley said:

i wonder how the lads with the high fuel using sports cars feel...they must still enjoy the driving...

its the mileage which raises the bar to our grunts...

budgets can be reduced but not exceeded easily

cheers

geof

• Confused 1

You are paying for the Nuclear anyway that might end the world, just not the plastic in the ocean.

So not worth worrying about it, or the end of oil, someone will eventually recycle all the crap all ready made from oil in the first place 

and turn it into something useful like Oil.

1 minute ago, mrcrow said:

i wonder how the lads with the high fuel using sports cars feel...they must still enjoy the driving...

its the mileage which raises the bar to our grunts...

budgets can be reduced but not exceeded easily

cheers

geof

I have no idea what you are going on about....:shake:

47 minutes ago, domhnall said:

Never mind the righteousness, feel the zero road tax and zero fuel bills. That's much more important. 0⃣

For the moment. When there are more EV's on the roads than petrol and diesel cars the government will be increasing taxes to make up for the shortfall in taxes. 

• Like 2

Zero fuel bills for an EV if you're connected to the street lamp outside your home otherwise you have to pay for your electricity. Then there's the cost of renting the batteries......