"New" Superb 2, beginner questions

Hi all :)

I just got my Superb 2012 Combi, 170bhp diesel DSG.

Could you help me answering some questions, please?

The option decoder tells me "1N3 = Speed-related variable steering assist (Servotronic)". Is this somehow adjustable?

I did adjustments in my Fabia using VAGCOM, is something like this possible too?

The decoder tells me "2UC = Sports version". What exactly is the sports version? Is it somehow lower than stock?

The car came with an auxiliary heating. How much diesel does this take? Is it noticeable on the bill?

Is it better (for fuel economy) to use it to heat up the engine first or to let the engine to its heat up itself?

The same with Climatronic, how much diesel does this take? I havent used the AC in my Fabia often, now I have a big panoramic roof.

Where can I leave the manual? In my Fabia I had a compartment in the glovebox for exactly that, but not in my new car, unfortunately. Is there some place hidden I have not discovered yet?

How long does the auxiliary heating take for heating up? What is your setting for its maximum duration?

On Amazon/Ebay there are LED interior lights, with CANBus resistor, dimmable. Would they be a huge improvement?

Thank you :)

Are you in the UK, Eastern or Western Europe? Auxiliary heaters using diesel are not standard in the UK. The Climatronic does not use diesel it is how the ventilation and heating is controlled.

Edited by Danny 57

Steering assistance can be adjusted. On a 2012 car it's not something VCDS can do, instead you'll need a tool that can flash steering curves such as VCP or ODIS-e.

2UC 'sport' suspension is normally a different set of spring and dampers if I remember correctly. It'll probably be slightly lower and stiff than stock.

As mentioned above, not many UK car have a diesel aux heater so I doubt many will know how much diesel it uses. It's probably best for the diesel aux heater to warm the engine as it'll help the oil work properly more quickly. Heating time and length will depend on temperature I'd guess, you'll need to see what works for you. I'd expect it to shut off if it's up to temperature.

AC will use some fuel but it shouldn't be much. I leave my climatronic on 'auto' with ac on all year round without any issues.

Interior lights aren't monitored by CAN-bus, any decent quality LED should be fine.

Re: interior leds. Buy these 

https://www.powerbulbs.com/product/w5w-led-driving-6000k-cool-white-twin

They dim as normal filament bulbs do and with no errors at all. More espensive than eBay but guaranteed to work.

25% off everything on that site too at the moment

12 hours ago, lordofazeroth said:

Where can I leave the manual? In my Fabia I had a compartment in the glovebox for exactly that, but not in my new car, unfortunately. Is there some place hidden I have not discovered yet?

I have a storage compartment below the passenger seat that is designed to take the Skoda plastic folder/manual - pull a flap down from below the front of the seat.

Edited by bigjohn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bigjohn said:

I have a storage compartment below the passenger seat that is designed to take the Skoda plastic folder/manual - pull a flap down from below the front of the seat.

I keep mine in a draw in my office!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, lordofazeroth said:

Unfortunately, mine appears to be missing this :(

Not all cars will have it. Mine has an electric front passenger seat and that means there will be no storage compartment under it. Your car sounds pretty high spec so this could be the reason..?

10 hours ago, lordofazeroth said:

It is...

With those electric adjustable seats I don't have that compartment...

Someone just ticked every option on this car...

Sadly no one ticked any options with mine - except a spare wheel :envy:

Greetings,

re The Manual, if you can't find it try the "MySkoda" app available on Android (not sure about IOS). It as details about your car and an electronic version of the manual; for my 2014 Superb II FL 140 anyway.

AndyW

2 hours ago, Charade said:

if you can't find it try the "MySkoda"

The OP has the car's manual, he just doesn't know where to store it in his car ... unless the english language is changing with brexit and I don't know what is going on anymore ... :D 

And regarding the car's manuals, here you go, knock yourself out ... :)

http://manual.skoda-auto.com/004/en-com/Model/Superb_3T

https://carmanuals2.com/brand/skoda

Edited by vborovic

Greetings,

Well spotted vborovic. I wrote ages ago about manuals and other things. I kept a note of what I said and just cut and pasted that line without editing it. Apologies.

However it does rectify the problem of where to keep the manual; I keep mine to hand on my phone.

AndyW

1 minute ago, Charade said:

However it does rectify the problem of where to keep the manual

I have my car's user manual in the front passenger glovebox (in its genuine pouch), I don't see the issue with that ... along with some other things, including a 1 liter plastic water bottle ... and still have the place to spare.

I assume you've not met my wife! Whatever car I buy (and come to that - caravan) there just never seems to be quite enough space in the cabin for things.

The glove box and centre armrest are full of what can only be described as things. I moved everything out of them a month or so ago when the car went in for a service and MOT - I filled a carrier bag; OK a slight exaggeration and it goes without saying it all went back in the car again.

I used to keep my manual in the underseat cubby hole, but now I keep my SatNav in there.

AndyW