It’s an age thing

Actually, the Superb would make a good lowrider. Long wheel base. You'd have to chop the roof.

I spent an afternoon watching the lowriders in Long Beach, CA, some time ago. It was entertaining watching them bounce the front ends of their cars three feet off the ground.

Mind, it did beg the question: why?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Flipfly said:

Funny, since getting the Superb yesterday, the young love it and the old won’t admit to liking it.

Skoda seem to be down with the yoof 

With age comes prejudice. Not only with cars.

• Thanks 1

I agree it must be an age thing. 

I changed a 245 vRS Octavia for a 280 Superb. 

Comfy cruiser over sporty hot hatch. 

Although the 280 is a Golf R in a Tuxedo so it’ll show those young un’s who the daddy is in most traffic light drag races. 

:nerd:

6 hours ago, EddGee said:

I agree it must be an age thing. 

I changed a 245 vRS Octavia for a 280 Superb. 

Comfy cruiser over sporty hot hatch. 

Although the 280 is a Golf R in a Tuxedo so it’ll show those young un’s who the daddy is in most traffic light drag races. 

:nerd:

I learned a valuable lesson yesterday that the 280 can go as quickly as Golf R, except its a tad more refined and therefore does not alert you to the fact that you are the wrong side of the speed limit.

Plod tho, he's happy to call you to the hard shoulder and inform you of what speed you were doing while chatting to the wife on hands free and not paying enough attention to the needle position infront of you. Hes also willing to tell you about the potential court case you end up with.

Good job plod doesn't have the ability to clock you when he doesn't have a speed gun handy....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, pj71 said:

I've recently bought a black superb. Starting to wish it was white.... :sadsmile: 

At one point we had both a black magic Octavia vRS and Fabia vRS on the driveway.  Never again....

2 hours ago, penguin17 said:

At one point we had both a black magic Octavia vRS and Fabia vRS on the driveway.  Never again....

Meteor grey isn't too bad as the dirt just makes the car appear a shade or 2 darker lol

I saw a taxi drive past the other day with the same alloys and thought oh right, my wheels are supposed to be that colour!

Could do with a once over. I've also got scotch guard for the interior which I must get on...

• Haha 1

@Flipfly wish my missus had the same opinion of the Superb! Had my 280 for two minutes and the missus hasn't stopped twisting that it's an old man's car, so much so it's back up for sale :-(    wouldn't care but it's a brilliant car.

Blatant plug -

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201811162476335?atmobcid=soc3

6 minutes ago, durhamlandy said:

@Flipfly wish my missus had the same opinion of the Superb! Had my 280 for two minutes and the missus hasn't stopped twisting that it's an old man's car, so much so it's back up for sale :-(    wouldn't care but it's a brilliant car.

Blatant plug -

I trust the replacement will be an XR3i?:biggrin:

Seriously though, who cares what anyone else thinks? If you like it, keep it.

12 minutes ago, durhamlandy said:

Blatant plug -

Are you mad :)