MY2019 interior LED colors when using "auto" mode

Hi!

A small, but annoying thing that I found after getting my 2019 Superb, is that the color for "Normal" mode and "Sport" mode is the same when using the new "Auto" feature for the interior LED strips.

So when in Sport, the color is red, which is awesome, and absolutely fitting.

But for some reason, they decided that Normal mode should also be in red... which makes absolutely no sense in my head.

Can this be some kind of bug or misconfiguration in the software? Should I report this to the dealer?

So currently, the colors in my car are as follows:

Eco: Green (makes sense, so that's fine)

Comfort: Blue (meh... I think blue should be on "Normal", and Comfort should be Light Blue (since they use clouds as the icon/illustration))

Normal: Red (yeah, this doesn't make much sense...)

Sport: Red (makes sense, so that's fine)

Individual: White (makes sense, so that's fine)

In regards to this being a bug, the double red also doesn't seem to make sense compared to some images I've seen from "what's changed in MY2019" threads, like this one (notice the bottom left corner):

2018-07-13_135221.png

Anyone else got a MY2019 Superb and can confirm if their "Normal" mode is red?

Edited by MaxDrive

11 hours ago, JackySi said:

There is no full LED headlights... 

According to the info above, it does list full LED headlights...

Maybe the OP could take a pic of his/her headlights.

I would be keen to see what the housings of the MY19 Superb full LED headlights look like...

Superb does not have full LED headlights... Title of the topic is about INTERIOR lightning not HEADLIGHTS. MY19 was not facelifted so there is no chance for LED headlights (SLA wouldn't work with new "lenses" for LED lights) so the only chance there is that MY20 will have Matrix headlights. Now read what I wrote and what @MaxDrive wrote on first post.

17 minutes ago, JackySi said:

Superb does not have full LED headlights... Title of the topic is about INTERIOR lightning not HEADLIGHTS. MY19 was not facelifted so there is no chance for LED headlights (SLA wouldn't work with new "lenses" for LED lights) so the only chance there is that MY20 will have Matrix headlights. Now read what I wrote and what @MaxDrive wrote on first post.

JackySi, calm down my friend...

Title: MY2019 interior LED colors when using "auto" mode - "agreed that this is the title...I understand it is not about headlights..."

I was just asking the OP to post a picture of the full LED headlights (assuming he/she just took delivery of a MY19 Superb).

The (Internal Document) attachment (above and/or below) reads; full LED headlights with AFS and cornering function

I can only assume that the "INTERNAL" document was specific to a MY19 ŠKODA Superb, so my take away was it has full LED headlights...

Maybe it doesn't...

What sort of comment is this: Now read what I wrote and what @MaxDrive wrote on first post. :clap::clap::clap:

2018-07-13_135221.png.b09ecca2f56da7cdbaa5c4e9a8f9dbbf.png

Edited by ope126

2 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

The document posted isn’t for the Superb. I’d hazard a guess at it being for the Karoq or Kodiaq. 

Thanks for the clarification mate! The full LED headlights certainly grabbed my attention!!!

Talked to my dealer, and they have still only provided their "guesses" as to why it's red in "Normal" mode, but in summary, they think it's because I have a SportLIne trimmed Superb, for which Skoda then thought that it would be fitting to have "Normal" mode be red as well.

I don't really buy that, because again, having the same colors repeat sort of eliminates the whole point of this feature, which is to visually represent what driving mode you're in... :/

You could boring like me and have it manually set to blue.

It's only been changed once when my mate decided pink and max brightness were what my poor retinas needed one night! Of course, he could adjust it while I drove so I was stuck with it until we stopped :D

Yeah, I have it set to constant blue now, cause having it on red all the time just seems... wrong... (and a bit tiring in the long run because the color is so intense on the Virtual Dashboard, which follows the LED color setting.)

And that's kind of the point, at least for me, because having a 272 Sportline, and putting it into "Sport Mode", where everything stiffens up, the engine revs up with the DSG dropping it down a gear, it's all supposed to feel a bit special, and having everything shift into red around you would just be that little extra that brings it home for me.

Aha, the red mist. Now I understand what the problem is :giggle::giggle:

More seriously, red highlights do have a strong association with 'sports' styling so I can see why the design default mode might be red. 

31 minutes ago, MaxDrive said:

Would be really interesting to hear from someone who has a MY2019 in any other trim than Sportline, and what their "Normal" mode is in "Auto" lighting mode.

@Chas51 confirmed that his is red as well, but he has a Sportline, so does @siemi1.

I'll look tomorrow. I've got an SEL :thumbup:

@MaxDrive I've just reverted mine back to auto from my manual setting.

Eco is green

Normal is white (a whitey cream green. It's a bit odd. Not as white as the speedo etc)

Sport is red

Individual is blue

272 SEL Exec (style in europe)