rapid 1.2 tsi 86 mpg

In the real world about 35 ish mpg, longer journeys I would guess pushing 45-50 mpg.

The MFD would tell around 10-15% higher than those figures but I've not done any checks on fuel usage in ages. These are for a 105 engined Toledo of course, same really as a Rapid.

Edited by MickA

When the Rapid was newer it seemed on here that the 86 was the most economical petrol engine, better than the 122, and certainly superior to the 105.

On A roads I used to get around 49 mpg from a 105, the 86 could do maybe 55, but in town it'll be a lot less, 40 maybe.

A 1.6 TDI would make a more fuel efficient minicab than any of the petrols.

Edited by camelspyyder

• 1 month later...

Suprisingly today I acheived 60 mpg on the MFD, in the Peak District but mainly pootling along on the A6. I've never really achieved this figure before only when on a longer leisurely drive down the motorway keeping my speed below 70 MPH.

The engine must have reached it's sweet spot and run in so to speak. Coming up to 20k miles 1.2TSi 105

Most I got out of my 1.2 tsi 86 (Roomster) was 64mpg (shown on display). That was on a return trip from Milton Keynes to Jct25 on M25. My speed on the M1 was 50mph due to miles of roadworks on M1 and similar on M25. 

Edited by edbostan

My fabia 1.2 TSI when was at 120hp, from 86, gave 38 calculated from fill up mileage. This dropped with having full sports cat exhaust (142hp) to 36 mog. Both based on local journeys , some mway and A roads, with fill up every two weeks, 370-390 miles to tank. Still doing similar motoring and mileage but as said average 36mpg

^^^ Where are you plying trade as a Taxi?

You can beat diesel if you are doing Taxi work in a Low Emissions Zone or where there are going to be LEZ's or the likes.

You can beat Diesel where there is no idling areas like City Centres etc, and where there are Grants for leasing / buying EV's (or Hybrids).

Costly outlay obviously, but plenty places have Electric Car Taxi Fleets now, and Hybrids for Airport Transport etc.

I understand that running Diesel is more expensive than a Petrol especially now that lower capacity petrol engines are turbo charged making them more fuel efficient.

Comparing the costs including all the non-fuel factors, such as servicing, insurance, front end accident repairs where engines are damaged diesel cost more to repair, purchase price and depreciation Petrol is cheaper 

I get about 50mpg going to work now (motorway, A roads + about 5 miles of town out of the 26 miles journey), in summer I get about 52-54 mpg.

I've got the 105 bhp one.

Hope it helps.